Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aislar

Would you like to have more quests available in game?

Quests!  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Would you enjoy having more quests available in game?

• Yes, quests are great!
    • No way, quests are not fun
    • I couldn't care less
  2. 2. Do you feel quests help give you more of a point in game, something "real" to achieve?

• Yes, its fun to do things besides grinding, etc
    • No, not really, just extra work
    • Seriously, I couldn't care less!

Lol, very funny, sadly most true.

Personally, I'd love to see a quest spark off an auto invasion, or perhaps teleport the player to a solo instance, but again, we will have to see what the quest programmer can do with the tools given.

Yes that would be great. Also teleport you to a wierd place full of monsters that you have to avoid (or kill if you can) to end some where getting a key to unlock exit. Each time you die you start at the beginning of the maze (may be you don't loose stuff in there when you die... of course you can quit whenever you want (trough an NPC near of the beginning or something) but of course if you do all EL will receive blue spam

#Message from god, n00b dmi ran away from maze :P

Also would be nice something like leonard but a bit lower level in c1...

Edited by piojosnos

No option in the poll really reflects my answer, so i haven't voted, i'll just post:

I personally dont enjoy quests, but if others do, then cool; add more...

...but, the outcome of these quests, the reward for them, should not offer something that isn't obtainable through non-quest play style.

Gotta make sure to not alienate the players (like myself) that dont enjoy questing.

So i guess i'd vote "i dont care", so long as the added quests wont be something i feel i have to do to remain on par with others.

The barn door has closed and the horse has already left. The quests already in game give advantages that can be obtained in no other way. Cheap wine and leather, god quests, and the skills quests that give rewards of free stuff. You cannot get these benefits by yourself in any other way. The point of quests in this game are specifically to give advantages that are not had by players who do not do them. The chance this will change is near nonexistent considering all of the quests they already approved under the same system.

I love quests. I love getting benefits that other players who don't want to take the time and effort don't have. I love the stories and interactivity of quests. I started D&D when it first came out in the Blue Box a very long time ago. I have been RPGing ever since. :cry: Teach me how to code the quests and I will code every single one of them for you. :icon4: I will do it quickly too. :ninja smiley: lol

TirunCollimdus

GM of PATH

Edited by TirunCollimdus

.... god quests......

I love quests. I love getting benefits that other players who don't want to take the time and effort don't have. I love the stories and interactivity of quests. I started D&D when it first came out in the Blue Box a very long time ago. I have been RPGing ever since. :o Teach me how to code the quests and I will code every single one of them for you. :P I will do it quickly too. :ninja smiley: lol

TirunCollimdus

GM of PATH

Erm, you say you love quests right after listing the so called "god quests" among quests already in game?? Have I missed something?

"you must prove your worth by bringing me X shields" That's not a quest, that's simple payment for service rendered.

I'd love to see more real quests in the game, I loved doing the silver, wine, leather, and origins quests, though they were marred by the messed up quest log. But hey, you can't have everything in a free game.

.... god quests......

I love quests. I love getting benefits that other players who don't want to take the time and effort don't have. I love the stories and interactivity of quests. I started D&D when it first came out in the Blue Box a very long time ago. I have been RPGing ever since. :( Teach me how to code the quests and I will code every single one of them for you. :o I will do it quickly too. :ninja smiley: lol

TirunCollimdus

GM of PATH

Erm, you say you love quests right after listing the so called "god quests" among quests already in game?? Have I missed something?

"you must prove your worth by bringing me X shields" That's not a quest, that's simple payment for service rendered.

I'd love to see more real quests in the game, I loved doing the silver, wine, leather, and origins quests, though they were marred by the messed up quest log. But hey, you can't have everything in a free game.

Maybe you could volunteer to fix it rather than just insulting everything. Do you think that is helpful? And you all wonder why certain people get frustrated and upset. If you can do better, please do, but shooting off your mouth while offering nothing is rather rude. (And that actually applies to a few people not just in this thread either). :P

Really, either enjoy the game and be happy somebody bothered at all to make it, or put your skills where your mouth is and help change/fix what needs it. But if you are only here to complain about and insult something somebody else put a lot of time and effort into and you have done NOTHING for, it's not needed or helpful.

Since this topic seems to have been restarted, I finally voted no. It's not that quests are bad or that I, under any circumstances whatsoever, do not want quests, but I think I play this game for other reasons (and I have no idea what those reasons are - it's just addictive and fun :P ). If I wanted a game with more quests and/or a storyline, I would've maybe finished Neverwinter Nights 2 or spent more than 1 or 2 days playing Fallout 3 for 360.

I voted for the option "stop making polls/suggestions about quests then bugging the mods about it." Oh, that wasn't an option....

Edited by big_duo

.... god quests......

I love quests. I love getting benefits that other players who don't want to take the time and effort don't have. I love the stories and interactivity of quests. I started D&D when it first came out in the Blue Box a very long time ago. I have been RPGing ever since. :) Teach me how to code the quests and I will code every single one of them for you. :cry: I will do it quickly too. :ninja smiley: lol

TirunCollimdus

GM of PATH

Maybe you could volunteer to fix it rather than just insulting everything. Do you think that is helpful? And you all wonder why certain people get frustrated and upset. If you can do better, please do, but shooting off your mouth while offering nothing is rather rude. (And that actually applies to a few people not just in this thread either). :goofy:

Really, either enjoy the game and be happy somebody bothered at all to make it, or put your skills where your mouth is and help change/fix what needs it. But if you are only here to complain about and insult something somebody else put a lot of time and effort into and you have done NOTHING for, it's not needed or helpful.

I fail to see how I insulted anyone by pointing out that I don't consider the god quests quests. They do have their merits however and no insult intended. As to the bug in the quest log: as far as I know it's server-side, so unless I can have access to the source code for the server and any script that is related to the quests I can't do much about it.

I do have some ideas how to improve the quest log, however last time I tried to post any suggestions on the forums I was told "STFU n00b!" witch doesn't exactly make me want to be polite or constructive when posting here.

I will however be happy to share those ideas and do what I can on the design and coding of it, unfortunately my c coding skills are not all that great, I spent most of my coding time on Pascal/Delphi and .php and only did what c coding was required to get me through classes, and that was quite some years ago.