Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RallosZek

No alt month

There's been some speculation about the effect of alts in the game and it made me curious, what the actual effects are. So maybe it's a good idea to adopt a month where alts are blocked (in the same way that some people are only allowed one character). This could be a one time event, or pick a month and do it yearly. I personally expect the availability of iron ore to be near non existent, but there may be more effects. Either way, I think it would be good to find out and if people like the effects (yay, poll!), make it a recurring event.

There's been some speculation about the effect of alts in the game and it made me curious, what the actual effects are. So maybe it's a good idea to adopt a month where alts are blocked (in the same way that some people are only allowed one character). This could be a one time event, or pick a month and do it yearly. I personally expect the availability of iron ore to be near non existent, but there may be more effects. Either way, I think it would be good to find out and if people like the effects (yay, poll!), make it a recurring event.

You would have to block any extra players from the same IP, and the real families would really start complaining, several years ago we did do that, which is how we found out how many legitimate families do play EL, and seperatly (not as alts or any sort of multi).

It's easy :P there would be much less harvesters, therefore much less supplies => mass inflation on essies etc (imo ^^)

OR

People would have to harvest themselves which mean less time for other st00fs => slower leveling etc

Edited by Michic0_oL

lol, just... lol

suddenly everyone feels the need to open a topic for a suggestion that could be posted in one of the numerous topics about the same subject already

PS. you forgot to Poll

lol, just... lol

suddenly everyone feels the need to open a topic for a suggestion that could be posted in one of the numerous topics about the same subject already

PS. you forgot to Poll

Spot on :P

You would have to block any extra players from the same IP, and the real families would really start complaining, several years ago we did do that, which is how we found out how many legitimate families do play EL, and seperatly (not as alts or any sort of multi).

Ah, if not easily technically enforceable, then forget it. I got the impression from some comments radu made on channel 6, he knew alts from mains and assumed it was tagged on the server.

Feel free to lock (if only to stop the trolls from feeding).