Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

What Services would you be willing to pay for ?

What if any would you pay $ for  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple choice

• None
    • New P2P Races
    • Custom clothing/looks
    • Unique shop only items
    • Pets
    • Other (suggest below)

After reading the Gold membership thread and peoples replies both for and against, I thought I would open this thread (so as not to spam that one) to give Radu/Roja some ideas of what people would or would not be willing to pay for.

New P2P races:

Speaks for itself and would just give players more options

Custom clothing

This would basically be the same as the service Labrat runs atm, but for a small fee would be seen by all and not just those using Labbys server

Untitledrh.jpg

Unique shop only items

These could be anything ranging from new armour/weapons to items for other skills such a a hood for ranging etc etc

Pets

These would be the same as Learners Ant service but would be animals such as Tigers,Panthers or Fantasy creatures

Other

Please post suggestions (but lets try and keep the suggestion sensible and not ones that unbalance the game or give to much advantage to $ players)

Edited by conavar

Just a note: Custom clothing the way labrat's service works will NEVER be done in our game. The only way we would allow it is if a specific UNIQUE item is customized-not any and all like labrat's is. Reason why: it looks messy/unprofessional/very unofficial/you can no longer tell what item that player is wearing-confuses newbies.

Just a note: Custom clothing the way labrat's service works will NEVER be done in our game. The only way we would allow it is if a specific UNIQUE item is customized-not any and all like labrat's is. Reason why: it looks messy/unprofessional/very unofficial/you can no longer tell what item that player is wearing-confuses newbies.

I totally agree, any and all custom clothing should keep within the "theme" of EL .. Ie: no spiderman,superman etc costumes

Edit: I know EL did used to offer a custom clothing service but it was that expensive it put people off, so Im not sure what would be a fair price where boths sides are happy

Edited by conavar

I can think of a few ideas that may generate some income

1) Saving stones why are these a crafting item, when they are very usefull not critical fail mixing very expensive items. These could fetch 5 - 10 dollars from shop

2) Weapons sold from npc SOP, SOM, BOD, could be sold in shop?

3) Mage robes could be given some stats :D also special ranging tunics ? could be added to game to increase effectiveness, and shop only items

4) Move more resorces to more dangerous maps to burn more rostos ie seridium, dvrarium, wolf ore. Forcing more team work, and more targets for the ebul pkers

5) add a yearly fee to guild maps, doesnt have to be big, But I think a guild can scratch together 10 or 20 bucks a year for a safe spot to pvp,yes gaurd bots have a yearly fee, but some guild maps are pretty safe even without gaurd bots.

If I think of anymore I will add them later

voted for all, but what I would like to see most of all is pets, that would actually have some use in game, e.g. could be set to attack mode (kills everything in sight, good for animal stuff hunting), protect mode (would attack your opponent if you get attacked), and stay/follow mode (would do nothing but follow you if you move). ofc it would need to cost a lot to level them up, so that you couldn't go serp yetis or whatever just with a pet

I believe mostly the things that cannot be traded in game can bring a profit to Radu. Everything that can be traded in game will be still subject to lose its value due to gold farming.

For this reason I have voted for the only benefit that is not directly transferrable - new races.

Another Idea I had

There was some talk before about making the enchanted great swords, armors by forumula instead of by luck

Maybe add a new stone to game, enchantment stone, shop only item, instead of selling them, they could be rented. Start with a base number of say 100

Only 100 enchantment stones can be in game at any one time, as the items degrade, these enchantment stones could come up for purhase. They could be bound to any NEW piece of armor, great sword with the manufaturing skill? to make the ubber item, when it degrades, then item comes avaible in shop?

Guilds logos on shields/capes (as it was already suggested on channel 6) approved by game owners to prevent unprofessional/not game fitting looks.

New p2p races.

Special shop-buy only items (like magic swords used to be from the shop only) with unique abilities.

Shop-buy only books.

voted for other.

i would pay for more exp, better droprates on monsters, less breakrates, increased rare harv events, chance to make rare items.. things that actually benefit me.

pets are being sold by Learner, unique shop items would be sold in-game to people without gold membership anyway and could change some meshes and make my own custom clothing.

sure others might not see it, but aslong as i see it its fine ^^

Edit: I know EL did used to offer a custom clothing service but it was that expensive it put people off, so Im not sure what would be a fair price where boths sides are happy

I find it funny how people come to "know" things that never happened :confused: We never offered such a service.

Edit: I was also thinking of offering an art service, like I'll draw/color your character's portrait and such things..probably not many people would do it, although I've got nothing to loose so maybe I'll do it anyway :P

One other idea, that many probably would not like, would be a "reset service" Pay XXX amount of dollars and be sent to wriath with all your earned/bought pick points and re-spend them as you would like. Would need to be expenise service, And I am sure some would pay, we can already pay to remove perks, nexus and attributes with gc's so perhaps for the few that would like to pay for a reset can do so?

One other idea, that many probably would not like, would be a "reset service" Pay XXX amount of dollars and be sent to wriath with all your earned/bought pick points and re-spend them as you would like. Would need to be expenise service, And I am sure some would pay, we can already pay to remove perks, nexus and attributes with gc's so perhaps for the few that would like to pay for a reset can do so?

bring on the mages :confused:

the idea is ok but like you say, lots of people wont like it.

One additional thing I might be willing to pay for would be a size change that's noticeable (that is, more than the +/- 5% (I think it is) that's currently available through learner).

unique shop items would be sold in-game to people without gold membership anyway

Yes they would, it would be the same as thermal serps now, they would be traded ingame and thats not a problem,since they only come from the shop Radu is getting his money regardless.

And this idea(s) isnt ment to replace the gold membership plan but to work with it as other potential money making schemes

couple of ideas.

Custom clothing/uniques items:

Priest/Priestess robes: These would give the wearer some benefit associated with the god inquestion

Robes of mortos: Increased dmg on offensive spells

Robes of Aluwen: Increased healing on restorative spells

Robes of Selain: Increased strength of summoned creatures

(above 3 might be used in pk but would be very handy vs big bugger invasion mobs such as the MB)

Robes of Lucaa: Increased xp harv picks from 120 to 150 per hour

etc for other gods

Horses

Remove horses needing creature food and make them turn back into a whistle when dismounted or attacked but make them p2p ie: $X a year for unlimited access to a horse

before the 5% it was 10% taller/shorter but learner changed it to 5% iirc cause he said it was too small/big ^^

unique shop items would be sold in-game to people without gold membership anyway

Yes they would, it would be the same as thermal serps now, they would be traded ingame and thats not a problem,since they only come from the shop Radu is getting his money regardless.

And this idea(s) isnt ment to replace the gold membership plan but to work with it as other potential money making schemes

couple of ideas.

Custom clothing/uniques items:

Priest/Priestess robes: These would give the wearer some benefit associated with the god inquestion

Robes of mortos: Increased dmg on offensive spells

Robes of Aluwen: Increased healing on restorative spells

Robes of Selain: Increased strength of summoned creatures

(above 3 might be used in pk but would be very handy vs big bugger invasion mobs such as the MB)

Robes of Lucaa: Increased xp harv picks from 120 to 150 per hour

etc for other gods

Horses

Remove horses needing creature food and make them turn back into a whistle when dismounted or attacked but make them p2p ie: $X a year for unlimited access to a horse

I really like these ideas

Houses. You could rent or even buy a house, which then becomes your private home. A house in Palon Vertas/Nordcarn/VotD would have to be more expensive than Idaloran, of course. You enter with a key which can get stolen/lost but you can get new one from NPC. Bags inside the house will be permanent so you have got an extra storage facility (i dunno how much effort this takes for the developers)

It has to be somewhat expensive (especially when you really buy and not just rent them) because it's a limited resource :confused:

This could work more if you only saved your "earned" pickpoints and not ones you bought, so if you are 120 oa with 4 bought PPs and you get this reset you just have 120 PPs to spend

Other services:

- Instance man perk --> be able to go instances more frequently (50% less time then usual i.e.)

- Being able to keep my human look but with same advantages as P2P races, i realy like to llook like a human (

im too damm handsome), but i would like to dont have de disvantages in PK (inferior critical to hit and to damage).

Houses. You could rent or even buy a house, which then becomes your private home. A house in Palon Vertas/Nordcarn/VotD would have to be more expensive than Idaloran, of course. You enter with a key which can get stolen/lost but you can get new one from NPC. Bags inside the house will be permanent so you have got an extra storage facility (i dunno how much effort this takes for the developers)

It has to be somewhat expensive (especially when you really buy and not just rent them) because it's a limited resource :w00t:

beter use a password than a key, and hyperbags are good enough, no need for permanent bags.

What about limiting it to (non-functional) capes?

I voted for P2P races and Custom Clothing/Looks.

These are about the only things I would vote for.

Coming from a recent Closed Beta from a so-called F2P game that has much

of their basic game mechanics rooted in a Cash Shop, I agree with the poster

who said it demoralizes and disadvantages players.

It does not only that, it also divides the community in-game more rigidly into

"haves" and "have-nots".

Fluff, pretty stuff, fashionable items, skin/hair color changes - okay,

or things that take extra dev time - such as guild maps and new races,

these do not disadvantage the player.

Skill/knowledge books - no.

Basic storage - no.

Anything needed to do basic skilling - no.

Putting anything in a Cash Shop that is needful to BE a player is just disastrous.

Needless to say, I am here rather than in the game I beta'ed. There was

no way I was going to spend money on basic gameplay mechanics that could

easily have run $40-100 US a month.

Idria

Welcome Idria! ^^ I agree completely with what you're saying, and from what I know of the philosophy behind the game, I think the developers do too.

It's so frustrating to play a "free" game and have something closed off to you because you don't have real $$ to pay for it. I love the fact that p2p races do not have any special advantage over non-p2p.

Horses, maps, and other items that would otherwise be closed off to have-nots is very frustrating.

Unique items that can then be sold in game, however, are then accessible to the $-less because they can be bought with gc. I think these ideas are great and should keep on coming.

I voted for more p2p races. They are very attractive, add to the beauty of the game, and help with personalizing characters. I do not have a p2p race because my current favorite race is elf. I've often thought I'd like a fiercer looking character, but the female orchans aren't quite the right blend of fierce and feminine for who I see my character as. More choices would be great!

If new races are added, there could be a premium on them for the first month or so.