Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gilrain

How to enter the instance

i'll try to give a short description of the preparations for joining an instance team, maybe we can develop some FAQ or such out of it:

(referring to the noob instance so far from my experience)

1) Which items you need and how many

Necessary:

* SRs and HEs (16 HE for 5 SR, so roughly 3 times more HE than SR)

* Diss rings (at least 10)

* Good armor set (Steel/Tit/Dragon) - Iron set is not enough imho

* COL

* a good weapon (JS, Cutlass or better)

Optional:

* rostogol stones (if you die w/o rosto, you drop out of the instance and lose a deathbag that your teammates must recover)

* mule glyph and creature food (recommended, see below)

* mirror cloak (highly recommended)

* MOL or moon med/uni med

* EMPs are nice, but expensive, so your choice

* BP cloak

* NMT cloak

* Defense Potions (or similar potions to increase your armor/defense/accuracy/evasion)

* tele essences, if you have good diss/tele practice (TTR might help you in case you are ganged by mobs)

* a few GHP might help you in case of emergency

* some Matter Essences to cast Shield (not really necessary)

Team:

* one of the team should bring a bow (NOT crossbow), since you'll get arrow drops (in noob instance at least)

* 2 or 3 of the team should bring a skull and a skeleton key for the hyperbag

2) How to mule into instance

Since you cant restock in the instance, it is wise to bring as much items as possible when entering it. With using a mule glyph you can bring at least 10% more of your carry capacity into the instance.

You need 1 mule glyph and 1 creature food for that.

I give an example:

My current EMU is 600, so after i filled up with stuff completely, i want to mule an extra 60 HEs (600*10%=60 EMU) into the instance.

So i goto the MM battlehall and drop a bag near the NPC (and near my fellow instancers) with stuff for 60 EMU.

Then i go back to MM sto and refill with the additional 60 HEs and go back to the battlehall (within 12 minutes bag poof time of course!).

There i can sit and refresh my bag until everyone is ready.

Now to turn into a mule, you need to put all your armor/clothes you wear into your inventory first.

Then you use the mule glyph and thx to your creature food (in inventory!) you have some seconds to grab the stuff from your bag.

Then you just wait to turn back from being mule.

Now you are carrying 110% of your EMU (!) and therefor cant move from the spot you sit on.

This is the point when the group leader will talk to the NPC and bring the group into the instance.

Once in there, you just drop the extra stuff (10% of your EMU) and the fun can begin.

Usually the team will make one joint hyperbag from the extra load in order to restock later.

3) Recommendations for your char

* having magic level 49 (no-fail restore) is highly recommended (but not necessary)

* ofcourse your a/d should be as near to 80s (for noob instance) as possible

* high p/c/v is useful, but the monsters tend to turn to the one with lowest defense (armor+def level) and they will hit you anyway

4) remarks

* most important is to bring many SRs and HEs, so dont waste EMU with too many other potions or fancy stuff

* an instance team is formed by joining a unique chat channel (which is given by the team initiator e.g.), you must be in that channel

(and have it as active channel), to be transported into the instance, when the team leader speaks to the NPC

* if you have enough Creature Food, you can also use the mule glyph at MM sto already and load up with everything and goto Battlehall as a mule. This way you dont need to calculate your emu gain and go twice.

Edited by Gilrain

Good summary. Especially point 4. Do not burden yourselves with anything unnecessary like 20 att, 20 def, 10 eva and 10 acc pots. The more HEs/SRs you bring in, the better.

I'd say:

- take EMP's (at least some) instead of SR's

- take few GHP's for emergency situations

- thanks to that you'll avoid a need for a mule and have one more char to fight stuff

- if you have 8 good fighters in a team, bow is useless (8 people around a mob will block line of fire for the ranger), if your team is less than nine, the weakest team member can range while the rest fight the mob

- do nat drag useless stuff like me's for shield spell

- have no fail restore before you even consider going there

- line up the team with a+d as close to the upper instance limit as possible

- since the weakest team members will be taking all the beating, if you are strong one - prepare to share supplies with them, if you are weak one - always know who in your team has still he's and sr's available for a fast trade

- do not rush, take your time, stay together and diss when ganged

- between waves stop, regroup, wait for a spawn, replenish mana, share supplies

- share the loot nicely when done :)

I have a question. If you die, I know that you leave the instance, but do you also lose items? or is it no drop for ppl.

Nope u will lose ur stuff, but thats there ur team is coming and taking them to u when they are done :) (i dont think anyone wanna go to instance with a BJ'ER ;/)

#edit typing :medieval:

Edited by Lucky_Paladin

i have added some of your points, but keep in mind, that i wanted to give a description of the preparing and joining of the instance only :-)

Maybe we can make another topic for the tactics (distinguishing between the 3 different instances).

regards

Good stuff, just one comment about stuff to take:

It's better to bring a couple of types of weapon, I prefer cutlass and halberd. The unique instance monsters tend to have low defense, so an orc slayer or halberd is useful for hitting them as hard as possible, whereas facing yetis in the 80s instance or feros in the 60s one, you will need a weapon with nice accuracy and criticals bonuses.

One more thing - I'd say rostogols are obligatory, not optional.

Each member of the team kicked out of the instance might mean that those who stay run out of supplies. Staying in the instance till the end is one of the most important things, so I'd recommend to take at least 2 rostos per person at least if you are instance beginner.

Do not overdo that - more weapons = less emu left for supplies. Two weapons per head is just enough. And the second is just not because of particular weapon's qualities, but due to a risk that the only one could break. Keep things simple.

Do not overdo that - more weapons = less emu left for supplies. Two weapons per head is just enough. And the second is just not because of particular weapon's qualities, but due to a risk that the only one could break. Keep things simple.

yes,I take thermal serpent and used JS (lighter than normal JS,same stats) to instances^ ^ does not work any longer :P used JS has 20 EMU now :P so I'll take normal JS or I'll get some sword of magic to kill Nasparliu quicker

btw going in with no rostogol or sometimes even 1 is really stupid I think... you die,you screw it up for your teammates,and even if they finish it you probably won't get a lot stuff from drops...

Edited by jajohn

wait a sec... why not just carry in GHPs? mana pots weigh 5 and 10. HE's weigh 4 per restore.

for extra manas that's 18emu for 2 restores... 18x50 = 900. who has over 500 HP? assuming

restore at around 25hp. GHPs might be better unless the creatures hit over 50 a lot or faster

than the cooldowns. you def get a lot more healing per EMU. if you are getting hit like that you're

constantly drinking mana pots any way.

possibly more efficient to use restores as emergency... it's 2.6x more expensive though

2 restores = 450hp= 760gc =18emu

GHP 450hp = 2025gc = 9emu

NVM i didn't see the thing about binding stones. that's ludicrous! :P

Edited by HereticEast

Just wanted to add that instead of taking stuff to battle hall and dumping it in bags etc etc, you can just load up at storage as a mule, take to battle hall and get in position, making sure you will not want to leave again, and then just wait until you become 'normal' again. As long as you are close enough when you go back to normal you will save a lot of time, messing around and trying to work out what emu you will have and all that. It takes a couple of creature food to get from storage to the battle hall, so no big expense. I have seen several times people working out their emu wrong and having to leave precious supplies whereas if you load up from storage as a mule you know exactly how much emu you have, and you can also get prepared in your armour etc well before you are transported into the instance.

And in response to what Cruella said about not bothering with a bow if you have a big group, I always take a bow as I am the person that gets hit first and find it useful for luring creatures to where fighters are waiting and when you get to the end of the instance you can still take part and be effective, so I would recommend that one person takes a bow, probably the weakest person, so they can shoot and do damage and not use too many srs and hes when supplies are getting low towards the end of the instance.

Having said that, in the last two instances there have been no arrow drops at all, so don't know if that has been stopped now.

I think the most important point to make about instances is that it is very much a TEAM event. If you go for individual glory or showing off or whatever, the TEAM will fail. If you are the weakest person, sometimes toward the end when supplies are getting low, it is better to be a scout or an archer than waste resources by having to restore 10x as much as other people. So my biggest piece of advice is leave your ego at the NPC and listen to your team leader carefully.

Edited by SleepyDragon

For the noob instance, if you have above average magic power (i.e. above average magic lvl and rationality) it might be worth bringing AE since the DC and yeti have mana.

PS: Can some one with forum power change the topic title from Howto to How to?

Edited by MagpieLee

After some runs with and without matter ess for using shield... The spell really make some diference, specially for the tanks, at the end it will save some restores...

But its just an opinion...

instinct pot + reasoning pot+ eva pot= nice tanking when on dilimacs and yetis.

on dilis, i saved myself by using instincet+eva pot, and it missed 2-3 times. I was using mage pot too, so i get more success on restores. and yes i know i need 49 mage.