Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
forever

My Thoughts on the Recent Price hikes

if i bought my silver at 2.5 and made HEs i would make a lot more money and xp than i would harving silver. there's your 'marketing'.

i harved silver and alched HEs for 1 hr and got and this and was timing my route to get xp for every harvest with excavator cape also timing to get 2hrs of harvest xp in 1 hr. i was also being lazy and slow on the alch. if i can make the same money or slightly more why would i ever harvest silver.... this is at 2.5. also i don't have alch god.

HARV 8000

ALCH 12450

if i cut the harving out which takes more than twice the time ALCH xp goes up close to 30k.... this is why people flip out about silver prices and call people silly names and make ludicrous argument all so they don't have to harv themselves.

Edited by HereticEast

You made money by hiking you HE price up. There is NO difference in selling it for stupid prices like 8gc per than selling for 6.5-7 after paying 2gc per.

The difference IS that you are making it ridiculously expensive to buy for the players ingame who just buy the HE.

i was going buy 7.5. i've timed it i can make HE's almost as fast as silver per unit not using FPs antidotes, bones or any HEs. also i do not sell HEs. i use them to train. fighters and HE expense is a choice. you can reduce your HE expense considerably with your build also HEs are cheaper than nex 4+ armors. you can train dirt cheap if you really want to not losing hardly any xp.

also i have paid 7.5 for HEs before it didn't bother me.. .

Edited by HereticEast

He's don't sell for 7.5. You go to market and see how many marketers you find with 7.5gc per HE

Hardly any. Every one wants 8gc per to cover ings and food and still turn a profit.

One begins to wonder how the price for HEs could have been 6gc MAX before it became possible to harvest on C2 at all. IIRC, all silver harvesting was done in MM caves then. Nowadays this is considered ridiculous, tedious and not enough profit.

Maybe silver mining exp was OK then because there were no plants harvestable for uber-exp without requiring knowledge or tools. Maybe it was because there were more newbies in the game, for whom it was good alchemy exp to mix HEs - I remember a time when I was gladly mixing my own HEs, when FEs were too easy and bars still too difficult to reasonably make. I can see why HE mixing is not thrilling when your alchemy level is 103.

IMO it all boils down to this - this game needs more newbies for whom it makes sense to mix HEs.

imho the market is working perfectly regarding silver ore and he prices currently.

One begins to wonder how the price for HEs could have been 6gc MAX before it became possible to harvest on C2 at all. IIRC, all silver harvesting was done in MM caves then. Nowadays this is considered ridiculous, tedious and not enough profit.

Maybe silver mining exp was OK then because there were no plants harvestable for uber-exp without requiring knowledge or tools. Maybe it was because there were more newbies in the game, for whom it was good alchemy exp to mix HEs - I remember a time when I was gladly mixing my own HEs, when FEs were too easy and bars still too difficult to reasonably make. I can see why HE mixing is not thrilling when your alchemy level is 103.

IMO it all boils down to this - this game needs more newbies for whom it makes sense to mix HEs.

it all depends on supply/demand again (*repeating it over and over*).

In ancient times supply was probably higher. Nowadays way more high level players need HE and are bored by making them.

So the price goes up, until more and more of those people think it better to make some on their own.

I'd think that Newbies will not change much in this particular thing. Advanced players can make way more HEs in the same time.

regards

For prices to go down in general, EL needs a constant influx of new players taking on those tedious jobs that all "veterans" cba with. So called "mixing for exp" such popular when I was starting to play a year ago is quite rare these days, and it has a great influence on prices. If you have large emu and you harv silver and mums by yourself, and then let a new player to mix HE's for exp, you can have great income selling HE's for even 5.5 - 6 gc

Edit:spelling

Edited by Cruella

it all depends on supply/demand again (*repeating it over and over*).

In ancient times supply was probably higher. Nowadays way more high level players need HE and are bored by making them.

So the price goes up, until more and more of those people think it better to make some on their own.

I'd think that Newbies will not change much in this particular thing. Advanced players can make way more HEs in the same time.

That's exactly the same argument. In ancient times supply was higher because there were more players for whom it made sense to mix HEs. Those players all leveled up while not enough newbies entered the game, which increased demand and reduced supply. Advanced players can make more HEs in the same time, but are reluctant to do so because it's just tedious work with low benefit to them.

Edit: made clear that I was referring to Gilrain, and thanks Cruella for chiming in :)

Edited by majestyk

selling silver for 2.5gc is not greedy it is rational, the free market is most stable when occupied by rational agents and therefore those that want a stable price level that ensures the "right" amount of silver comes into the game should be encouraging the actions of people like LabRat. i'm sure we can all see that if we use more silver than enters the game we will eventually run out, it is unsustainable. with silver at 2gc each there are a certain number of people who are willing to harv and sell a certain amount of silver/silver related products. there is also a certain number of people who will use a certain amount of silver/silver related products. the ratio of one to the other must be 1 for us to sustain it and this ratio is a function of silver price and a "Propensity to Harv Silver" of the playerbase. if we assume that this "PHS" of any individual is determined largely by their levels, then silver remaining at 2gc is dependent on the distribution of levels across the playerbase remaining the same, since we know that is not happening, in fact it is almost impossible, the price has to move one way or the other. since less people are at the level where they are likely to have a high "PHS" the price MUST rise.

sorry if this is slightly clouded but im sure the sentiment if not the exact message is clear, if anyone wants clarification just ask.

if anyone questions any of the assumptions i would be very interested in their analysis of the silver price.

well im still selling silver ore for 2gc whenever I want to , so I guess some people will get a good deal now and again from those of us willing to remain rational in the face of loosing trassian for silver ore

i used to harvest in MM anyway on occasion, im not one of those people who sits and times myself for how long it takes, I couldnt give a monkeys about that in fact usually im sat there mining and reading something on the net anyway and end up with -30 food having only harvested 10 ores because I found a f'ing radon pouch :evilgrin:

#edit is like a freshly baked pie

Edited by Ateh