Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
forever

My Thoughts on the Recent Price hikes

Ok. Recently, i've noticed something strange. I've been back for a bit (about a month + now).

Well any way.

These price hikes, they make me lol.

Silver @ 2.5 / iron @ 3.5 / and people trying to sell me diamonds at nearly 4gc per.

For one I am quite baffled at the price hikes to begin with, as the prices have pretty much been set in stone, so I just accounted the increases to greed and the want for people to fatten their GC banks.

On one hand, it makes buying ores while I'm reset quite annoying. I mean I spend 25kgc to maybe if i'm lucky push a 5k~10k profit out of it. and thats if I'm jacking my Prices out of the roof, which I tend to try not to do.

My recently opened alchemy shop has been thriving. and I asked one of the customers as to WHY we were getting flooded amounts of orders. and I was told that my prices are dirt damn cheap. Due to the fact that none of you know how to properlly harvest your own ingrediants mix and turn the profit. Almost all of my mixers harvest their own ingrediants or buy general bulk quantities of an item to get a decent discount.

So whether you realize it or not, we from scratch mixers are literally beating you to your "gc" as we are willing to roll the sleeves up and sell for generally reasonable prices.

People like goodday2die make me rofl every time I open up his blog to see his "thoughts" on price increases. He and many others want to sell stuff at ridiculously large prices. yet you don't realize, there is an npc...

Spirit essence costs 10gc per @ npc and can EASILY be muled. Has any one other than me realized that people trying to sell Spirit essences to me @ 11gc are out of your minds? You keep hiking your prices higher and higher and are making no profit. When you make no profit you yank it up higher.

Sound familiar? This is what we call inflation \o/.

1. Economics. a persistent, substantial rise in the general level of prices related to an increase in the volume of money and resulting in the loss of value of currency

In your struggle to make more GC people like me who harvest and sell for fair prices undermine you and take your profit. We watch your storages slowly build up with more and more essences and bars and wonder WHY on Earth you thought it was a good idea to make your prices so ridiculous.

I've made quite a fair penny off of harvesting my on ingrediants, took me a few hours to get enough diamonds to do 3k AE for newhope, less time for the silver and even less time for the flowers. My only cost is food, so I have a steady flow of essences/gold going in and out of my storage.

My basic summary of the entire post is that if you keep spiking prices, eventually you will be making nothing at all. You'll have a large storage built up with vast quantities of shit that no one wants to buy. It's cheaper to make them our selves any way.

Offcourse they are selling more expensive than is at npc, because if you buy and mule at home that is time that you spent to accumulate the final product. And there are players with antisocial perk.

With the other 3 ingreedients the silver, iron and diamond. These ingreedients are used the most. silver and diamond for ae's almost everybody has started to train magic again. Silver is used for crafting too. And the iron ... as the demand is rising the prices will rise too.

<CLIP>

Silver @ 2.5 / iron @ 3.5 / and people trying to sell me diamonds at nearly 4gc per.

For one I am quite baffled at the price hikes to begin with, as the prices have pretty much been set in stone, so I just accounted the increases to greed and the want for people to fatten their GC banks.

<CLIP>

I can understand the iron ore price. diamonds and silver prices though.....I don't get it. Silver should remain at 2gc. I will never pay more than that. Diamonds....how much do they weigh? Maybe that much. I doubt they weigh 4 emu though.

I figure 2 + 3.5 + 3 maybe. That is 8.5gc....maybe 9gc for finished product tops....and that is assuming that the diamonds weigh 3 emu.

As for antisocial....that excuse for charging more doesn't make much sense to me....it is easy to have a friend buy things for you....or have a newb do it.

Well, you showed you've read my "thoughts", yet managed to skip quite a bit and read only what you want to read. No surprise you've completely warped what I've said.

Iron went up a while back because it is, in fact, a pain in the ass to harvest now. Changes in locations and paths cause people to swarm to whatever the "new" nearest-to-sto loc is. Which is now EVTR, which is a horribly set-up location that has a single piece of iron that people constantly have to work their way around others to try and access. The unfortunate result of changes being made without care of the end result, but nonetheless one we've been forced to adapt to. That adaptation means it's annoying at best to harvest iron these days.

Silver was artificially inflated by a few greedy harvers who do nothing but harv all day (most. boring. game. ever.).

Diamonds at 4? Spend less time around people smoking illegal substances, as such a hike hasn't happened, and anyone attempting to sell them that high is definitely on something. (It hasn't happened YET, that is.)

So whether you realize it or not, we from scratch mixers are literally beating you to your "gc" as we are willing to roll the sleeves up and sell for generally reasonable prices.

OMG, I've been playing for about 10 months and 103 alch levels and I had no idea that you could save money by self-harving! I'll bet noone else knew this either! [/sarcasm]

People like goodday2die make me rofl every time I open up his blog to see his "thoughts" on price increases. He and many others want to sell stuff at ridiculously large prices. yet you don't realize, there is an npc...

No, I don't WANT to. I was one of very few who dared to speak out and comprehend just how much certain greedy people were going to end up screwing with the economy. Where was your voice when the greedy were attempting to artificially inflate silver prices? Nope, you speak up after it's too late as if anything you say now matters, the time to speak has passed.

As said, I don't want to hike prices, however it is OBLIGATORY to do so on items in sync with its ingredients. Failure to do so results in, well, manufacturing skill. You've shown you only read what you want to, but you'd best read the several threads about manu being unprofitable. As an alcher, I won't just stand by idly while the same thing happens to alchemy.

You seem to think you're smart not hiking the prices in sync with ing prices, but regardless of whether you self-harv or not, in the end you'll be giving the alchemy skill itself a royal screw by not doing so. You're not being smart by not hiking prices in sync with ing costs, so don't delude yourself into thinking you are.

Alchers should not and will not pay for the greed of others.

Spirit essence costs 10gc per @ npc and can EASILY be muled. Has any one other than me realized that people trying to sell Spirit essences to me @ 11gc are out of your minds? You keep hiking your prices higher and higher and are making no profit. When you make no profit you yank it up higher.

Why are people "trying to sell you" Spirit essences? You asking for them, knowing this?

Reality check: EVERYONE who uses them knows that they're 9gc at the NPC, sold to players at 10gc to anti's and the lazy. And as someone who ran a very well-used guild alchemy shop for quite a while, I'm also aware that very few people buy these for this reason. We offered them in our alch shop solely as a service, and no, we didn't make them. Mercury is best saved for DEs.

Oh, you're possibly referring to the list in my boycott that showed EVERYTHING that would get a cost increase due to a silver price hike? That's a list of the ing cost hikes for those who do make them.

You've NEVER seen me try and sell spirit essies for more than 10gc because I don't sell them at all anymore. I didn't go through 103 alch levels and even run an alch shop for several months without knowing what sells well, at what price, and even what's limited due to NPC price. That you bring up spirit essies here, something that's not a normal sale between players short of anti's, is a moot argument, especially when you fail to bring up the items that truly are going to cause damage with price hikes.

Hikes I'd rather not do, fought to stop from happening, but was left with no choice but to implement due to others being completely incapable of seeing what their greed was doing to the economy, and the value of skills using those items.

In your struggle to make more GC people like me who harvest and sell for fair prices undermine you and take your profit. We watch your storages slowly build up with more and more essences and bars and wonder WHY on Earth you thought it was a good idea to make your prices so ridiculous.

Not for long. Those with a bit better grasp on basic economics 101 will raise their prices in sync with harv prices, and you're going to be forced to do so eventually because the cost of everything around you is going to go up. You also can't serve every single person in-game and their needs. They're going to have to (and get used to) buying at the new prices.

One single person's actions won't change that. That's a lesson you should have (but didn't) get out of my attempts to boycott the silver greed price hike. I alone couldn't stop it, and there just were too few people around in-game to see how it would in the end do more long-term harm than short-term good.

Ing costs cannot go up without the items they make going up as well, whether you are a self-harver or not. Don't talk economics if you can't grasp that most basic of concepts. Failure to keep the prices in sync can and will ruin skills like alchemy to the point where they're as horrid economically as manufacturing is now. Cheesus, the manufacturing skill problem is here, now, right in your face for you to see, read about, and understand. And you're wanting to make alchemy go the same way. NO.

My basic summary of the entire post is that if you keep spiking prices, eventually you will be making nothing at all. You'll have a large storage built up with vast quantities of shit that no one wants to buy. It's cheaper to make them our selves any way.

No, people will have no choice but to adapt to the new prices. You cannot satisfy even 1/1000th of the alchemy need in-game, in the end your attempts to ruin the alchemy skill will fail.

I personally LAUGH loud and hard at you and others who even DARE to try and complain about rising prices on items containing silver. You were warned, and you told me you didn't get it. You do now, too late.

I personally would LOVE to drop my alch-item prices back down to as they were. That can't and won't happen until people take a stand against the greedy bums who you were well-warned about but failed to do anything.

I have no sympathy for anyone whining about the increased prices. I blame the whiner for those prices.

Sorry this is quite pointless. It would all be true if there was a LIMITED supply of silver in game, then people like Labrat could dictate the price.

Fortunately, supply of all harvestables is UNLIMITED so instead of wasting time to write Tirun's-like essays, one who doesn't like 2.5 gc price can get his ass to the silver mine and get his silver free.

As long as there is no NPC in game that pays 2.49 for silver, there is no reason in this Eternal Lands to pay 2.5 gc for silver if you do not like it. For the record, there is no reason as well why one shouldn't ask 2.5 , 3 or ever 187 gc's for silver. Their goods - their business. You are free to buy, or not. And what they do does not affect you at all - I repeat - if you do not like it, go mine silver yourself.

So... for me silver price is still 2 gc, prices of anything that contains silver are the same as they were before Labrat started to sell for 2.5 gc

I need to add one thing - blame the reason, not the outcome.

Some believe that silver is now harder to get after Trassian and KJ are gone. I fully agree. Silver mining has turned from a nice job into pain in the ass. Ask yourself now - is it the reason to pay 0.5 gc more to have someone mine silver for you or not? If yes, pay 2.5 gc, if not - go mine.

Edited by Cruella

Well, I have two things to add to this discussion:

- To the tread starter: I like your shop. But honestly, you should increase prices for two reasons:

1) People will still buy if you ask more gc. Many essences are below marketprices in your shop. I recently ordered 5K WEs, I still would ve ordered them if the cost 6.5 each instead of 5.5 each.

2) Harvesting doesnt net - much - xp. Which is the primary reason I believe many ppl buy ingredients and lower level essences. By harvesting ingredients yourself, you are sacrificing xp and that should be payed.

- About the general price discussion:

AFAIK Iron ore is still the best gc/hour to harvest (Look at GD2Ds page for proof). If someone needs silver, (s)he is better of harvesting iron ore, selling it at 3.5 and buying silver @ 2.5....... compared to someone just harvesting silver. I just know the same counts for diamonds and ALL other harvestables except maybe hydrogenium.

AFAIK Iron ore is still the best gc/hour to harvest (Look at GD2Ds page for proof).

Results are inaccurate unfortunately, check for yourself, base your measurement on at least 1 hour mining, with similar astro for each harvestable, having high harvest level that does not affect harvesting speed. Start with checking this:

iron ore (EVTR @ 3.5ea) - 6552gc/hr

sulfur (EVTR @ 2ea) - 4680gc/hr

Same route basically, same emu for sure - so :

- 4680 gc / 2 gc each = 2340 sulphur * 2 EMU = 4680 EMU per hour

- 6552 gc / 3.5 gc each = 1872 iron * 4 EMU = 7488 EMU per hour

Now answer me, how the hell it is possible, huh ? Or I'm wrong ?

Just don't buy from those people who ask 2.5gc for silver or 3.5gc for iron. I still find enough ores at normal prices to ignore those higher prices.

Same route basically, same emu for sure - so :

- 4680 gc / 2 gc each = 2340 sulphur * 2 EMU = 4680 EMU per hour

- 6552 gc / 3.5 gc each = 1872 iron * 4 EMU = 7488 EMU per hour

Now answer me, how the hell it is possible, huh ? Or I'm wrong ?

Now, these aint my calculations (I dont have any), but......

1 - I disagree with route: MM is longer route than EVTR.

2 - I think iron got a really fast harvest time (ores/minute). Dunnow how it is compared to sulphur or silver, since I hardly harvest those. MayB you can tell me?

1 - I disagree with route: MM is longer route than EVTR.

I do not see mm there, I see EVTR twice .....

Seriously, go harv yourself for an hour, or better yet for a day, do not rely on unreliable data. Happy mining :D

Speed is irrelevant (quite similar).

What makes a difference is number of trips to sto. Since you can carry less iron than sulphur, you mine less and walk more.

For this very reason it is not possible to mine more iron per hour than sulphur in terms of EMU, thus results above are not reliable.

EDIT: Disclaimer - I speak for myself, I cannot do such miracles, all I know is that in case of iron and sulphur my results are way different. If there is something I'm missing here I'll gladly hear what that is.

Edited by Cruella

Okay, you convinced me :D. Since Im @ EVTR anyways I will harvest both for an hour and check my results. Results will not be accurate, since its only an hour, but it might give an impression :P.

71 Harvest, 840 EMU.

Edit: I just realized: of course Iron will lead to more EMU/hour. Every iron harvest is 8 EMU, every sulphur harvest is 4 EMU. Even with more trips, you ll end up with more EMU harvested/hour. So GD2Ds results sound trustworthy to me.

Edited by machevort

Hi it's me, profiteer extraordinaire.

Now a little background.

I sell silver ore in bulk. Always have, always will.

I have sold silver ore at 2 gc per for small amounts since day one, and I have sold silver ore in bulk for 2.5 gc per.

Since the other silver ore resources were removed from the game less players are willing to mine silver ore.

Less supply means more demand and therefore more competition for the ore.

More competition from buyers means sellers are at an advantage and I chose to use that advantage.

People complain because I buy all the silver ore I see at 2 gc per and resell at 2.5 gc per. Every time I buy at 2 per I tell the seller that I will sell it at 2.5 gc per and at the moment there is no reason why they don't too. The response from the miners is not "damn you're an evil greedy profiteering player" it is more along the lines of "why didn't anybody tell me I can sell for 2.5 per and since when has this been going on".

Am I a bad person for wanting to earn more gc for my labour? Not in my opinion.

I can see the other side ("omg I will have to spend a little more if I want to have fun ingame rather than sit harvesting all the time") but I feel little sympathy for someone enjoying this game while I sit in a cave all day and ruin my complexion.

I have had comments about the closure of ores not affecting me as I mine in MM. This statement is untrue.

I do indeed mine in MM but that is because I like the miners that use MM as much as any other reason (Agneum notwithstanding). More players trying to source ores means the ores (however I acquired them) are perceptually more valuable. A lot of the miners that used the closed resources have given up and gone for a different item so less people are mining it which again increases demand.

Will I continue to sell my ores at 2.5 per? Yes as long as there is a market for ores at 2.5 per.

Will I continue to buy ores at 2 gc per? Yes as long as miners are unwilling to earn 25% more per ore for whatever reason (misguided loyalty? to who and why?)

Ebul gold farming profiteer signing out.

You need double time to fill your inv with 2-EMU sulfur than with 4-EMU Iron Ore

800 EMU free without pickaxes cape HEs etc

2 seconds/harv(x2 with exc) for both Sulfur Iron

200 seconds to full with 200 Iron (+120 seconds for Sto-Mine -Back to sto and trade with NPC)

400 seconds to full with 400 Sulfur (+120 seconds )

All those ofcourse are "ideal" and numbers on a paper

With events a litle difficulty getting in out of cave cellar etc you may lose a few seconds at every load

So without afking-chatting- reading forums etc

average time is 6 minutes per 1 Iron load (+storage run) ===>2000/hour

9:30 minutes per 1 sulfur load (+storage run ) ===>2500/hour

If you manage ofcourse to be 1 hour on the screen waiting to click ore right after event and tart walking right after inv full:P

Okay, you convinced me :D. Since Im @ EVTR anyways I will harvest both for an hour and check my results. Results will not be accurate, since its only an hour, but it might give an impression :P.

71 Harvest, 840 EMU.

Edit: I just realized: of course Iron will lead to more EMU/hour. Every iron harvest is 8 EMU, every sulphur harvest is 4 EMU. Even with more trips, you ll end up with more EMU harvested/hour. So GD2Ds results sound trustworthy to me.

I'll check at the nearest opportunity, I'm curious myself. I have never measured that in such a way but I know for sure that for me iron is not the most profitable harvestable per hour :D Anyway, I'll check and no matter if I'm right or wrong I'll let you know :)

My main point is that you are jacking your prices for ingredients.

They are getting to the point that it is cheaper to just buy from the NPC than to pay for the "ebul marketeers" ore at all.

The more you price hike the less customers youve coming your way. I could care less how much you personally wish to sell for, but when it becomes a big ordeal with all of the players it becomes quite laughable.

A lot of you rebuke my thread, yet it was only a short thought and I couldn't place the words well enough to fully explain myself. (explanations aren't my strong point).

71 Harvest, 840 EMU.

2210 Iron in 1:00:00 at EVTR Iron.

xxxx Sulphur in 1:00:00 at EVTR Sulphur. In progress :D

<CLIP>

<CLIP>

I can understand the iron ore price. diamonds and silver prices though.....I don't get it. Silver should remain at 2gc. I will never pay more than that. Diamonds....how much do they weigh? Maybe that much. I doubt they weigh 4 emu though.

I figure 2 + 3.5 + 3 maybe. That is 8.5gc....maybe 9gc for finished product tops....and that is assuming that the diamonds weigh 3 emu.

As for antisocial....that excuse for charging more doesn't make much sense to me....it is easy to have a friend buy things for you....or have a newb do it.

or just don't take antisocial perk ^^ :D

Fortunately, supply of all harvestables is UNLIMITED

Well since Radu once again mentioned his plan, to have all harv spots only produce a set amount per day, that might change.

Now wether he was messing with ppl or that is really what he has in mind only he can say

Well, you showed you've read my "thoughts", yet managed to skip quite a bit and read only what you want to read. No surprise you've completely warped what I've said.

Iron went up a while back because it is, in fact, a pain in the ass to harvest now. Changes in locations and paths cause people to swarm to whatever the "new" nearest-to-sto loc is. Which is now EVTR, which is a horribly set-up location that has a single piece of iron that people constantly have to work their way around others to try and access. The unfortunate result of changes being made without care of the end result, but nonetheless one we've been forced to adapt to. That adaptation means it's annoying at best to harvest iron these days.

Silver was artificially inflated by a few greedy harvers who do nothing but harv all day (most. boring. game. ever.).

Diamonds at 4? Spend less time around people smoking illegal substances, as such a hike hasn't happened, and anyone attempting to sell them that high is definitely on something. (It hasn't happened YET, that is.)

OMG, I've been playing for about 10 months and 103 alch levels and I had no idea that you could save money by self-harving! I'll bet noone else knew this either! [/sarcasm]

No, I don't WANT to. I was one of very few who dared to speak out and comprehend just how much certain greedy people were going to end up screwing with the economy. Where was your voice when the greedy were attempting to artificially inflate silver prices? Nope, you speak up after it's too late as if anything you say now matters, the time to speak has passed.

As said, I don't want to hike prices, however it is OBLIGATORY to do so on items in sync with its ingredients. Failure to do so results in, well, manufacturing skill. You've shown you only read what you want to, but you'd best read the several threads about manu being unprofitable. As an alcher, I won't just stand by idly while the same thing happens to alchemy.

You seem to think you're smart not hiking the prices in sync with ing prices, but regardless of whether you self-harv or not, in the end you'll be giving the alchemy skill itself a royal screw by not doing so. You're not being smart by not hiking prices in sync with ing costs, so don't delude yourself into thinking you are.

Why are people "trying to sell you" Spirit essences? You asking for them, knowing this?

Reality check: EVERYONE who uses them knows that they're 9gc at the NPC, sold to players at 10gc to anti's and the lazy. And as someone who ran a very well-used guild alchemy shop for quite a while, I'm also aware that very few people buy these for this reason. We offered them in our alch shop solely as a service, and no, we didn't make them. Mercury is best saved for DEs.

Oh, you're possibly referring to the list in my boycott that showed EVERYTHING that would get a cost increase due to a silver price hike? That's a list of the ing cost hikes for those who do make them.

You've NEVER seen me try and sell spirit essies for more than 10gc because I don't sell them at all anymore. I didn't go through 103 alch levels and even run an alch shop for several months without knowing what sells well, at what price, and even what's limited due to NPC price. That you bring up spirit essies here, something that's not a normal sale between players short of anti's, is a moot argument, especially when you fail to bring up the items that truly are going to cause damage with price hikes.

Hikes I'd rather not do, fought to stop from happening, but was left with no choice but to implement due to others being completely incapable of seeing what their greed was doing to the economy, and the value of skills using those items.

Not for long. Those with a bit better grasp on basic economics 101 will raise their prices in sync with harv prices, and you're going to be forced to do so eventually because the cost of everything around you is going to go up. You also can't serve every single person in-game and their needs. They're going to have to (and get used to) buying at the new prices.

One single person's actions won't change that. That's a lesson you should have (but didn't) get out of my attempts to boycott the silver greed price hike. I alone couldn't stop it, and there just were too few people around in-game to see how it would in the end do more long-term harm than short-term good.

Ing costs cannot go up without the items they make going up as well, whether you are a self-harver or not. Don't talk economics if you can't grasp that most basic of concepts. Failure to keep the prices in sync can and will ruin skills like alchemy to the point where they're as horrid economically as manufacturing is now. Cheesus, the manufacturing skill problem is here, now, right in your face for you to see, read about, and understand. And you're wanting to make alchemy go the same way. NO.

No, people will have no choice but to adapt to the new prices. You cannot satisfy even 1/1000th of the alchemy need in-game, in the end your attempts to ruin the alchemy skill will fail.

I personally LAUGH loud and hard at you and others who even DARE to try and complain about rising prices on items containing silver. You were warned, and you told me you didn't get it. You do now, too late.

I personally would LOVE to drop my alch-item prices back down to as they were. That can't and won't happen until people take a stand against the greedy bums who you were well-warned about but failed to do anything.

I have no sympathy for anyone whining about the increased prices. I blame the whiner for those prices.

tirun v. 2.0

But seriously, no one wants to pay more for items. But prices do change...maybe we should all harvest more and bitch less?

Edited by Shujral

@GD2D: Really now, I'm not opposed to your ideas, but that veil over the belligerence and hostility in your posts (both here and on your blog) is growing very thin indeed. Like, the frequent use of fully capitalised letters, and the sarcasm tags, and all the finger pointing, "...You (yes, you!)". Please tone them down, it is just a game :P .

Edited by Aphistolas

i thought 2.5 was too cheap. i harvested silver to sell for a while and it was completely ridiculous. now i just harvest silver and make HEs on site. i mean you spend 80% of your time walking and get next to no xp for it. it's the most tedious thing in the game. by comparison getting severely poisoned at the Aluwen temple is a wonderful adventure.

Edited by HereticEast

To cheap? Obviously you have no sense of marketing.

if you were to make it 3, about 75% of the items ingame would go up in price.

Whoa flaming amongst harvesters! I could say its pointless etc but we've got to write about something right?

Everyone just be happy and buy/sell for the prices that make you happy... If it costs you a bit more effort to buy/sell at those prices so be it. Complaining because someone asks too much is just weird, it's your choice to buy or not. (unless someone has a monopoly position, thats just not fair! ;p )