Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

Massive reset bar

Hi all

You know when someone resets and their yellow bar takes someone's eye out on the other side of the map?

Should we (by using a modulo) restrict it to the length of the standard health bar?

And the same with the bars in the hud - should we do the same with those with say a (base+10) modulo?

The patch would be trivial, an amendment of a couple of lines or so.

24 hours to discuss before I add or don't add the patch to cvs.

Should we (by using a modulo) restrict it to the length of the standard health bar?

And the same with the bars in the hud - should we do the same with those with say a (base+10) modulo?

No. Maybe restrict it to normal length + 10%. reason for this is MoL and other healing items, they can add up to be over your max, which I actually like to see then on the bar.

Firstly I wanna say that I never experience this problem - soley because I took off health bars (not for this reason though). It was for a photo op and ever since then it's been off...I haven't even missed it. Clutters up my screen ;)

Having said that, yeah its funny but tbh it really is kinda buggish in a way - and removing bugs is the sensible option here.

Edited by MagpieLee

Why not just clamp them at some max value rather than modulo? Modulo could lead to some weird values that would be rather confusing.

Edit: Oh no, the 24 hours are up, I need to read the forums more often! :hug:

Edited by bluap

Hiya ,

Did this get implemented yet? Or is it going to be? Just curious, cause I'm considering a reset on my char, and don't want to poke anyone's eye out :whistle:

Hiya ,

Did this get implemented yet? Or is it going to be? Just curious, cause I'm considering a reset on my char, and don't want to poke anyone's eye out :D

I will add it today, but unless you are running the CVS client you won't see it for a long time (when the next client is released).

Hiya ,

Did this get implemented yet? Or is it going to be? Just curious, cause I'm considering a reset on my char, and don't want to poke anyone's eye out :confused:

I will add it today, but unless you are running the CVS client you won't see it for a long time (when the next client is released).

Okies .. thanks (I'm using the Ubuntu release packages, not the CVS, so I guess I'll wait :bangwall: )

I have added the patch into CVS, as I haven't seen anybody that has #reset yet I cannot determine if it works but it is a simple patch so I can't foresee it not working.