Eternal Lands Official Forums
Holar

Manufacturing strike!

Iron EMU hasn't changed so you are wrong.

I never said iron emu changed. I said the price did. They were tired of harvesting something heavier than gold and being paid the same amount.

On another note, people wanting to mix everything in storage instead of on site does cause a price difference. If people were to all mix on site, there would be no ore for sale unless it was leftovers from the other ingreds running out. I did the math for my guild's occasional bar projects and found that the cost of making bars in DP CC vs storage are the same for both iron bars and steel bars after paying the person hauling. I choose not to specify my math at this time. It is a secret. :) To say the least, I believe in paying myself just as much as I believe in paying my guildmates for the work we do as a team.

Edited by nathanstenzel

*I think the Rare's that Manuers get are quite fine. Also, you can use other skills for teh gcs. Just because you're a manuer doesn't mean you can't pursue riches in other ways.*

Isnt that what u said before not as joke? :)

Sadly you are wrong :P

The only time I have mentioned rare's is when people mentioned the over production some did to find them, I have never said manuers should live on the profit of rare's and screw normal items. My focus has been on why you dont get Ing prices down..

So incase you missed it... you are wrong :)

Conavar, we read his post in totally different ways. (referring to Pillgrim's post #300)

I think he meant that you previously said that manufacturers should do things other than manufacturing for a profit.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Conavar, we read his post in totally different ways. (referring to Pillgrim's post #300)

I think he meant that you previously said that manufacturers should do things other than manufacturing for a profit.

If by that you mean "collecting their own Ings" then yes, to me anyway,that would be part of the manufacturing chain of an item.(and having worked in a manu factory, you sometimes dont start with the end products Ings, making them is part of the progress towards the finished item)

To me doing something other than manu would be harving and selling the ores,or alching and selling the essies, selling pots.rings ,serping fluffs etc (which I have never said)

Edited by conavar

You know what I find strange? How is that people are able to charge 5k for a Tit chain that costs 7k to 8k worths of Ings (price of EFE). What gives people the right to charge such a drastic price reduction for something they know they could get More Money for? Same thing goes for Tit Long, Its a 8k Item yet you can only sell for 1k? Hell I would be happy if I got a 8k Drop.

Its not even a supply and demand issue, as I really doubt the drop rate for Tit Chains are even that High, So what gives here? Whats the deal with the Low price of a Tit Chain or Tit Long? Are there really that many tit Chains in game that its reduced the price by 3k?

if those drop at all then someone has a ton of them. for tit chain 4500 is too high vs steel chain.

it's not 6 times better. i know what it supposedly cost but it's not worth that. for what those

are you'd never be able to sell them for that.

Edited by HereticEast

I'm so sorry but this is going nowhere, so why dont you guys just try to live with it? its been 16 pages and nothing happened, and will not likely happen, youre just wasting your precious hours :D

-Kaddy

Oddly enough kaddy, with these strike things, the success rate is directly proportional to how many weeks a strike thread can remain a "hot topic" in gen chat.

What gives people the right to charge such a drastic price reduction for something they know they could get More Money for?

The right not to be greedy :D

Alot of people see mob drops as a bonus, so if you get a tit chain and only sell it for 4k, that is still 4k more than you had.Even more players just keep them in storage for their own use later (iirc I have 4 or 5 "drop" tit chains in sto)

As for tit longs.. is there a market for them yet ? (hope so cus I have 50 in sto gathering dust )

You know what I find strange? How is that people are able to charge 5k for a Tit chain that costs 7k to 8k worths of Ings (price of EFE). What gives people the right to charge such a drastic price reduction for something they know they could get More Money for? Same thing goes for Tit Long, Its a 8k Item yet you can only sell for 1k? Hell I would be happy if I got a 8k Drop.

It's theirs. That's why they have the right to sell it for a flower if they want. I sell what I have for the price I want or I hold on to it. It's my right. It's a game, live with it or get over it.

Oddly enough kaddy, with these strike things, the success rate is directly proportional to how many weeks a strike thread can remain a "hot topic" in gen chat.

Maybe so, but I still see many great swords at the same price they were 3 weeks ago. :)

Its not even a supply and demand issue, as I really doubt the drop rate for Tit Chains are even that High, So what gives here? Whats the deal with the Low price of a Tit Chain or Tit Long? Are there really that many tit Chains in game that its reduced the price by 3k?

i trained on cyclops for about 10 weeks and not even that hard, i came away with over 50 ti longs, i WISH someone would buy them for 1k each. if there are maybe 10 people in game training like i did thats 50 ti longs a week coming into the game, how can that number possibly be leaving? not much use summoning armed orcs really.

Maybe so, but I still see many great swords at the same price they were 3 weeks ago. :)

touche perhaps, but i still see silver sold at both 2 and 2.5gc..change takes time, no? if no more swords are being made, the ones made prior to price increase will get used/stashed and eventually things will stabilise. Hopefully at the right price, but we will see.

What gives people the right to charge such a drastic price reduction for something they know they could get More Money for?

The right not to be greedy :)

Alot of people see mob drops as a bonus, so if you get a tit chain and only sell it for 4k, that is still 4k more than you had.Even more players just keep them in storage for their own use later (iirc I have 4 or 5 "drop" tit chains in sto)

As for tit longs.. is there a market for them yet ? (hope so cus I have 50 in sto gathering dust )

It would be nice if those were gc drops instead, I guess. do you agree, Conavar?

The right not to be greedy :)

It would be nice if those were gc drops instead, I guess. do you agree, Conavar?

Yes I do agree.

Thats not saying for example every mcw gold drop should be increased, but they would drop "bonus" gold instead of an item.

Ie: instead of dropping yet another eva or Axe construction book they would drop 1-2k instead

That way the drops are not impacting on the market while still giving me the gc to pay for any new items (also if that was done to all "common" books drops, then you have the bonus of those books only being available from the npc.. money sink ftw)

So-called rare drops add spice to the game and break training monotony, moreover some people hunt monsters just for drops (not for a sole purpose of rising a/d). As example I think no one would hunt pw's if they were not dropping s2e's. Removing rare drops and replacing them with just gc's would be a move in a bad direction.

What could be done, and it has been suggested a number of times in the past, would be to replace current drops with items that cannot be made. There could be swords that cannot be produced by manufacturers, available only from drops, as well as swords that only manuers can make since none of the monsters drop them. Same for other types of items.

As to books, a problem is that some creatures drop just one type, while they could have a long list from nearly worthless ones to rare. That would make training more interesting.

Please remember that getting drops in a form of items affects those who have antisocial perk, so if item drops are to be converted to pure gc's, the number of pp's this perk gives should be reduced.

Removing rare drops and replacing them with just gc's would be a move in a bad direction.

What could be done, and it has been suggested a number of times in the past, would be to replace current drops with items that cannot be made.

i'm all for replacing rare drops with gc, especially if they are items which can be made.

Look at invisi potions, fluffy drops kill that market nearly completely.

What could be done, and it has been suggested a number of times in the past, would be to replace current drops with items that cannot be made. There could be swords that cannot be produced by manufacturers, available only from drops, as well as swords that only manuers can make since none of the monsters drop them. Same for other types of items.

As to books, a problem is that some creatures drop just one type, while they could have a long list from nearly worthless ones to rare. That would make training more interesting.

I would go for that as an alternative option aswell tbh

But I wasnt suggesting that "all" drops be removed, just ones such as weapons/armours/potions/books that either detract from the market or can be bought ingame.. mobs should still drop rare items such as stones/capes/enhanced essies etc

Please remember that getting drops in a form of items affects those who have antisocial perk, so if item drops are to be converted to pure gc's, the number of pp's this perk gives should be reduced

selling Items with Anti isnt a problem :) .. you just save up the drops you want to sell until they make the trip worthwhile, then get a friend/guildie to sell them for you (takes maybe 5mins of their time)

selling Items with Anti isnt a problem :P .. you just save up the drops you want to sell until they make the trip worthwhile, then get a friend/guildie to sell them for you (takes maybe 5mins of their time)

Agreed, that's why this perk is already considered "free pp's", why make it even "more free" ? :P Anyway, that's offtopic I guess.

some of those drops require rare ings to make. tit long sword and tit chain good examples.... which ones actually affect the market though? those two would not be made at all or drive up rare ing prices if they were.

Edited by HereticEast

I would go for that as an alternative option aswell tbh

But I wasnt suggesting that "all" drops be removed, just ones such as weapons/armours/potions/books that either detract from the market or can be bought ingame.. mobs should still drop rare items such as stones/capes/enhanced essies etc

Please remember that getting drops in a form of items affects those who have antisocial perk, so if item drops are to be converted to pure gc's, the number of pp's this perk gives should be reduced

selling Items with Anti isnt a problem :) .. you just save up the drops you want to sell until they make the trip worthwhile, then get a friend/guildie to sell them for you (takes maybe 5mins of their time)

As for me, I don't mind that there are monsters that drop books that can be bought in game, although it can make it tricky to find out what a person should actually pay for a book. I can understand how getting the same book 20 times could be annoying for a fighter. No clue if it gets that bad though. Also, why would they have the book in the first place? lol

i definitely never complained about getting 30+ of the same books while training trolls. :)

that was just one more thing to sell to npc's and get gc's to supply training..

though none of those books were manu books. potions if i do remember correctly.

Edited by jizzy

good job holar bout time some1 realized the problem here. blah blah blah to the others if u dont like price make urself,oh u cant i see,sux dont it.with brods ingame destroying weapons and armor manuers r stressed to keep making to help fund our own needs[ings etc....]i want to see logs where it shows that some1 finds a binding stone a day or makes 10 efes a day,it can happen but dont.

:) 24/7!

beer nuff said

Edited by xTc

For my part, I will support Holar in this. I'm not a manu-er, unless you count leather helms, but as an all-arounder, I will do my part by simply getting ings and contracting one of the high level manuers to make my goodies.

Yeah, I could get stuff on the cheap, and much more conveniently than harving an arseload of ings... but it just strikes me as wrong that somebody should lose money for their work. *shrugs*

I have to agree with the fact that makes no sense selling a final pruct for a price lower than the one of it's ingredients. This is the major reason why I was an alchemist while playing on main server.

One of the issues regarding trades is the one of those players that only want to fight, that use lots of items but make very few or none. The usual Blue Lupine bush residents in Portland :)

Personally, there is one thing that I think could be tweaked and could help a bit, gold coin drop rate. Some might be used to have a constant growth in gold drops as you move on to stronger monsters.

maxgolddrop.png

Some will say that the rare drops make it up for the low gc drop of some monsters, but the truth is that after a certain level you can get a lot more gc and the rare drops are even better.

One other way, new players can relax and take it easy and stop wearing only steel/titanium plate armor or over.