Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jezebelle

Potions of Defence and Attack Reduce

. If you really want them to get rid of their scales, why not have dragons go hunting for revenge when the people are harvesting if they have more than 10 or 20? :( The dragons would only attack those people, of course.

Or

Remove fixed Dragon spawns,remove them from instances, stop spamming invasions with them, re-do their stats so it takes a team to kill them ( 15k+ health would be nice aswell)

and then only use them as End of invasion bosses (which is the way they should have been from the start imo) :whistle:

Edited by conavar

. If you really want them to get rid of their scales, why not have dragons go hunting for revenge when the people are harvesting if they have more than 10 or 20? :( The dragons would only attack those people, of course.

Or

Remove fixed Dragon spawns,remove them from instances, stop spamming invasions with them, re-do their stats so it takes a team to kill them ( 15k+ health would be nice aswell)

and then only use them as End of invasion bosses (which is the way they should have been from the start imo) :whistle:

That's a good idea. :D

Good ideas, start with the source :whistle:

I'd like to see fixed spawn kept in place, but respawn time could be much longer, even 30-60 minutes :(

Or

Or add some baby dragons to the sites which would stay near their parents and have the scale needed for the baby dragon pets. These young dragons would have a quicker spawn time than their parents and after a certain amount of time could change into adult dragons. We could finally have some more natural setup. Born, grow up, adulthood. There could only be 2 dragons on a site. One baby and one adult. I think it would bring an interesting twist. Spawn time for babies.....15 minutes. Time till adulthood.....30 minutes.

What do you guys think?

Oh....and one other detail? Do the current dragons breath fire, cold and toxic gas (red/white/black) ? I think that would be a nice way to slow down the dragon farming too. There is alot of heat/cold sensitivity for the fighters if they don't risk breaking some dragon armor fighting dragons.

I do agree with the instances and invasions having too many. If we don't add the baby dragons and fire/ice/toxic gas breath, I guess increasing stats would be the next best thing.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Removing dragons from the game, so to speak, Is much easier. Of course, its an easy suggestion for someone who already has Dragon armor to make.

and now LOL.

these pots kinda lets u multi train again, right ? np, good thing, good exp.... but then we come to the point where is spawn sharing :pickaxe: u use pots, u get.. lets say 4 DC, train for 5 mins, then some1 comes and kills em, cuz he wants to train aswell :( then its just a waste of gc for that person ..

well thats one thing i thought about while reading all this.

mhm iirc dc ignore 105? so if pot makes -5 you must be 105 def drink pot and then you can multi dc for 5 mins. or am i wrong?

and now LOL.

these pots kinda lets u multi train again, right ? np, good thing, good exp.... but then we come to the point where is spawn sharing :pickaxe: u use pots, u get.. lets say 4 DC, train for 5 mins, then some1 comes and kills em, cuz he wants to train aswell :( then its just a waste of gc for that person ..

well thats one thing i thought about while reading all this.

mhm iirc dc ignore 105? so if pot makes -5 you must be 105 def drink pot and then you can multi dc for 5 mins. or am i wrong?

Nope, you got it spot on.

And eadricng..good idea :)

Ok..I dont get this geeky "work out teh cost ratio of EXPvsTIMEvsGC" thing. Hasnt there always been a choice between an income of GC and an income of EXP? Yeah I know it'd cost a fortune to use on a regular basis, but what else is worth investing your money in MORE than your own exp?

Gimme exp anyday. Its value is way higher than GC to me. I'm also happy to keep teh gc changing hands with potters by buying these things when I can, so expect me to come looking for more of these a/d reductopots.

Ok..I dont get this geeky "work out teh cost ratio of EXPvsTIMEvsGC" thing. Hasnt there always been a choice between an income of GC and an income of EXP? Yeah I know it'd cost a fortune to use on a regular basis, but what else is worth investing your money in MORE than your own exp?

Gimme exp anyday. Its value is way higher than GC to me. I'm also happy to keep teh gc changing hands with potters by buying these things when I can, so expect me to come looking for more of these a/d reductopots.

harvest 10 hours to pay 1 hour training ? Better train 11 hours and make still more xp + money :D people don't understand that ^^

harvest 10 hours to pay 1 hour training ? Better train 11 hours and make still more xp + money :P people don't understand that ^^

Yes, because harvesting a dragon takes 10 hours, right?

Food for thought: I'm sure harvers and rangers would love to have a potion that allows them to get more exp in time unit :P

they already do, potion of will & the other attribute that gives +xp :P

Food for thought: I'm sure harvers and rangers would love to have a potion that allows them to get more exp in time unit :P

Could tbh just change these potions so instead of giving negative att or def they give +10 xp (non-stackable) for 10 mins in any skill, that +10 could either stay the same for the whole 10mins or reduce at the rate of 1xp point per min , not sure which would be best :P

And by also removing the att/def penalty we wont have the potential "multi spawn" training like we did with ts pots, but trainers on any mob or any skill would skill get a bonus

Edit:

And before people say "yeah but there are two potions", each potion could only give a bonus in 6 skills... one could give a bonus in Att, Harv, Manu, Magic, Rang, Tail and the other potion would cover the rest (yes evil seperating a/d but o well )

Edited by conavar

they already do, potion of will & the other attribute that gives +xp :P

Same for always-complainin'-trainers, no ? :P :P

Good idea Conavar, very nice and in favor of everyone.

lets first see how it works out what was thought out with those 2 new potions.

At least its too early to already rant at what they can and cannot.

Not every item must be as useful as the Potion of Spirit Restoration....

And those new potions have some advantages, like being a new possibility for higher potioners and introducing a new application of scales, and they dont harm anyone/anything, so they are very welcome from my part.

But another thing: since we had several changes and new items lately, i was a bit astonished that there is so scarce info about these new things even after the day they are actually introduced in the game.

I can imagine that radu isnt fond of presenting the stats in advance, since there will always be people who dislike things, but i would really appreciate, if one could at least find out how the newly introduced things work at all, or is that intended to be found out by the players ?

regards,

harvest 10 hours to pay 1 hour training ? Better train 11 hours and make still more xp + money :) people don't understand that ^^

i'm talking about the people that can't kill a dragon... They harvest silver or coal or make fe or what ever.

But another thing: since we had several changes and new items lately, i was a bit astonished that there is so scarce info about these new things even after the day they are actually introduced in the game.

I can imagine that radu isnt fond of presenting the stats in advance, since there will always be people who dislike things, but i would really appreciate, if one could at least find out how the newly introduced things work at all, or is that intended to be found out by the players ?

regards,

anything new into the game is allways added to this list , have to go dig for it when something is anounced :

http://www.eternal-lands.com/manufacture.htm

hope that helps you ?

regards,

anything new into the game is allways added to this list , have to go dig for it when something is anounced :

http://www.eternal-lands.com/manufacture.htm

hope that helps you ?

Could be a good idea to sticky that URL up top of the News of Game Updates section, but thats in teh hands of Teh God since its pretty much his province of teh forums. Am sure it'd be invaluable to new players looking for info related to his updates, and cant see a downside to having it there.

harvest 10 hours to pay 1 hour training ? Better train 11 hours and make still more xp + money :) people don't understand that ^^

i'm talking about the people that can't kill a dragon... They harvest silver or coal or make fe or what ever.

And it takes 10 hours to make ~7Kgc to buy a dragon scale?

Don't whine about how long it takes to make gcs if you don't know any other ways but harvesting.