Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rusikus

Nexus removal stone buyable on NPC?

Yeah and let all those $$$ guys to have max p/c/r/i/v/w ?? Not really, only attribute removals should be on NPC's and thats for the ones who wanna change their built into archer/mage/etc...

But definetly "NO" to nexus removals.

Attribute removals would be nice. But Nexus? lol, that's just stupid.. Unless they're 10,000,000 gc each :brooding:

Or maybe NMT for a stone? ^

Why? What would that achieve?

NMT capes leaving the game, which radu wants.

Then he can lower the drop rate, delete all NMT's, and let everyone start fresh. There is NO WAY that any nexus removal stones should be buyable! They are rare items for a good reason!

I say no to a constant source of stones. I don't think attribute stones on NPC's should be available either. You should be making a commitment when placing your pickpoints, and you shouldn't be able to buy your way out of it.

#edit: spelling

Edited by Shujral

Why go to all the trouble of programming an NPC, might aswell just sell them in the EL shop for $100 per stone ;)

Edited by conavar

"Maybe" what might be a nice idea, is to have an NPC that allows you for a price to move nexus points around within themselves

Ie: 25-50k to move a pp from human nexus to inorg

This would give players a lot more freedom with their builds without the dreaded reset or X amount of gc on hydro bars. The hydro bar market wouldnt be overly changed since there are always people who will want that " extra " pp

Edited by conavar

Or maybe NMT for a stone? ^

Why? What would that achieve?

NMT capes leaving the game, which radu wants.

The problem with using nmt's to buy nexus/removal/PP is that those that farm yeties are the ones that get the most nmt's........and it is those people that generaly are the ones buying hydro nexus/pp's

This would mean, that those new players harvesting 800k blue lupins will never get a chance to have an nmt, and train up to farm yetis to find nmt's to filter down to the newer players

this idea would just allow the ubberrich and the ubberstrong to get even richer and stronger, giving a total unfair advantage imo.

Conavar's suggestion would be a far better option, if anything were to be implemented for this.

No difference imo - the ubberrich and the ubberstrong will always be able to afford nexus removal stones, even if these get even more expensive than they are now (and are ridiculously expensive atm)

Nexus removals are good thing, "bad" thing is the NPC that sells nexuses B) Do not confuse these two :pickaxe:

However, it would be very unfair to get rid of buying nexuses for hydro - a number of people were able to buff their chars thanks to that already ... I'm sure newer players would love to take advantage of nexus buying as well, as their older colleagues did.

For a good of the game nexus removals should be easier to obtain, but the nexus prices should be raised. I dare to suggest that you should be charged more for each next nexus you buy from the NPC - taking into account those already bought by each character.

Nexus removals are good thing, "bad" thing is the NPC that sells nexuses B) Do not confuse these two :pickaxe:

Exactly, it may sound unbelievable, but some people do use them to ajdust their character, really :)

The idea of raising the price of every nexus the player has bought already is interesting, however, that way, every player has to had his own record for it, which may a be a bit space strain for the server, I am not quite sure, maybe there is a way of doing it simple yet powerfully.

This whole nexus buy npc, attribute removal stone, nexus removal stone thing, is the

result of the destructive reset. It takes month(s)\year(s) to get a chara to good levels

here so its not like you can delete it and start over (like the majority of rpgs)

I think it would be OK to leave the nexus point selling NPC and remove

ehem lol the removal stones, and make resets not destructive or make a

NPC 'Refiner'. Remove the loophole, or just sell pps at an npc, and make it part of the

game directly.

Almost every new player, ends up resetting at some point and starting over, I imagine

some of them get bored and leave. I know I accidentally, as a noob, took MM perk & exc perk :P

and was forced to lose my 70-ish oa at the time. It felt sadistic, like "rofl n00b, you did't

understand the game 100% and now you get to lose months of work, grats beech"

The games combat should be based on skill and team work and not overblown stats.

And yes the only way to fix the charas that pumped up from this, is a server wipe. But

it cannot ever be considered here, it takes way to long to level. So the only way

this game population wouldn't freak the hell out, is if the exp system was altered at the same

time. Primary reason I hear the pk server gets fewer people is "no one wants to start over"

Another reason to make nexus removals easier available is that when you start playing, you definitely want to try various skills, and in order to do that you put plenty of pp's into nexuses. Soon you realize though that some skills are not for you, so you want to remove some nexuses. Also, obvious thing is that when you switch from all-rounder to let's say fighter, you need either to reset or to remove plenty of nexuses. Sure you could reset, but for some (including me) it is not an option. Instead of having fun, lot of us concentrate then mostly on making more gc's to buy those damn removals ....

"Maybe" what might be a nice idea, is to have an NPC that allows you for a price to move nexus points around within themselves

Ie: 25-50k to move a pp from human nexus to inorg

This would give players a lot more freedom with their builds without the dreaded reset or X amount of gc on hydro bars. The hydro bar market wouldnt be overly changed since there are always people who will want that " extra " pp

So your suggestion is;

NPC - Attributes Changer: Ables you to change attributes between one to another, ie; for x amount of gc to remove a phy and put into reasoning

NPC - Nexus Changer: Ables you to change nexuses between one to another, ie; for x amount of gc to remove a human nexus and put into Inorganic.

I liked it :P and no way to abuse and very nice thing to the one's who wanna change their built like mage->fighter->ranger etc.

-Kaddy

Szatan has a pretty good idea in that thread, he suggests 2 NPC's, 1 that sells nexus, 1 that removes nexus.

You make a choice which NPC you want to be able to use, once you choose one, the only way to change your choice is with #reset.

It would require removing the nexus removal stones from the game, but it's an answer that means no flagging certain nexuses as bought with bars, no keeping track of OA VS pp's, etc.

This idea of course incorporates the abolishing of pickpoint buying :whistle:

:D

Edited by Korrode

Szatan has a pretty good idea in that thread, he suggests 2 NPC's, 1 that sells nexus, 1 that removes nexus.

You make a choice which NPC you want to be able to use, once you choose one, the only way to change your choice is with #reset.

It would require removing the nexus removal stones from the game, but it's an answer that means no flagging certain nexuses as bought with bars, no keeping track of OA VS pp's, etc.

This idea of course incorporates the abolishing of pickpoint buying :icon13:

:wub:

I like that idea the most.