I don't want to call these suggestions, just a personal wishlist to

increase variety in EL combat. I decided to post this after a thread

approach the topic of a debuff spell.

I understand everyone will be against ALL of these due to the

fact most strong players are fighters. I myself have always been

a melee tank. Even if I reset, this will not change. (8 rat atm, it will

be worse if I reset most likely)

(Disclaimer, all of these additions lend themselve mostly to group PvP

but to some extent, a mage could be a solo pvp without being overpowered.

But it does make the solo fighter far more vunerable, but not like being gang'd

by 4-5 people currently doesn't do that already. It will make a pure mage team guild

equally dangerous as the melee tanks

I'm certain there is probably a thread buried from 2004 that has some of these, this

is my list. Call it a searched recompilation then :D)

Changes to existing spells:

Poison Spell, based on Ration\Magic level, and stackable. (Gives a strong reason

to have antidotes on hand)

Life Drain altered so that it removes life over time, everytime the caster is

damaged for a X seconds. And X close to the caster, like a ward.

Becomes a damage over time spell, strong as Harm and different than poison.

So its worth using as an Offensive magic spell in pk, and not the magic training

spell it currently is. This gives a mage a chance to toe-to-toe a fighter, since during

this period,every time you attack the mage, you heal it.

All Buff spells (MI, Cold, Fire, Rad, Shield, etc) to be cast-able on other players,

like Remote heal. This gives mages another reason to be a group pvp member. This

solves worries about a Spellblock spell(See Below) or a Zero mana condition

(promotes groups)

New Spells:

A Bind\Snare\Stun type spell. One that could restrict movement like the

side effect of the diss ring does. We already have a snare item, but like wards

purely defensive\ambush. Currently, summons are spammed for this purpose,

a spell is a better option than 20 bears. Also using a diss ring to trap a person for

5 seconds, is also used. Lets have a spell, directly for this purpose.

Same type spell below but the user can still walk\run\horse away.

A Tele block\ Ring block spell, when cast user cannot cast tele to portals, tele to

range, or any rings for X seconds.

Some form of a Offensive Debuff spell, even one that just debuffs potion related

boosts. We now have buff icons over the chara, but its just...tick tick tick wait for

them to expire.

Immunity Block, Since no one will ever agree that MI is overpowered, a spell, if

cast prior to MI, can block that spell for X seconds.

Or just a Spellblock, for X seconds.

A tongue-in-cheek spell, but really to highlight MI is overpowered, and could be

implemented to prevent fighter abuse.

Physical Immunity in some form, by percentage or the Overpowered version

(Immune to all physical attacks for 90s, enjoy :) )

Make it something a pure mage would want, but a fighter couldn't use.

Like NO melee attacking while cast, AND you cannot cast MI with this, PI

or MI, not both. BUT a ranger can still kill you. It gives a reason to have a ranger

in the group to kill of dangerous mages.

Ive seen parts of this spell already in the client, Group Heal, everyone in your

guild, ally. Healed for rat\mag points in a 10x10? square.

Well just a personal wishlist, I don't expect anyone to agree.

But cool IMHO and other acronyms. :)

I was thinking rather MI gives full immunity, make it percentual protection dependent on rationality and magic level like restoration spell. Something like ((mag*2/3)+(rat*3/2))%, providing 26% protection at magic 30 and rationality 4 to 138% protection at magic 100 and rationality 48. This would put average MI user (assuming average user is mag 50-60 and rationality 16-20) to 55-70% protection, which is still quite efficient.

I was thinking rather MI gives full immunity, make it percentual protection dependent on rationality and magic level like restoration spell. Something like ((mag*2/3)+(rat*3/2))%, providing 26% protection at magic 30 and rationality 4 to 138% protection at magic 100 and rationality 48. This would put average MI user (assuming average user is mag 50-60 and rationality 16-20) to 55-70% protection, which is still quite efficient.

There was a complete thread on MI a while back.. now we see the symbol above toons heads, so that is enough.

Robo has some good ideas, LD spell absolutely

I think some day there will be a whole series of changes to the magic system. While we're at it I have some wishes too :)

-Better navigation trough spells (Not just some quickslots)

-More spells / Different types (Like those mentioned in this thread)

-Change to combat dynamics/statics, only perform one type of attack at a time. So range OR melee OR mage not range AND mage or melee AND mage. At the moment you can cast magic while swinging your axes...

-'Buff' spells that favor one of each attack style (melee/range/mage), Only one can be active at a given time.

When fighters are no longer able to attack with melee ANDmagic at the same time a choice must be made, either just melee, mage or some hybrid form. In addition the new 'buff' spells will 'force' a fighter to attack with only one style, perhaps using the other attack types for strategic purposes only. To favor the mages the 'mage' buff, while active, could give a chance (50%?) to do 'some' damage with offensive magic spells when MI has been cast by the opponent (50% of dmg?).

ProHibited

or MI, not both. BUT a ranger can still kill you. It gives a reason to have a ranger

You dont need a ranger in this case, a mage will be killed by the fighter, with Harm in few seconds, and the mage can't even blink!

You dont need a ranger in this case, a mage will be killed by the fighter, with Harm in few seconds, and the mage can't even blink!

Thats not a fighter, its a battlemage. Albeit nearly everyone is a battlemage. It was the only option.

This is just in hopes of more options for people, more variety. If there are more options for

various types of combat and support charas, more people will participate. I have a few more ideas

for healers and rangers too spam suggestions with later. (and potion options to free the fighter from

the battlemage only option)

[moan]

(And yes a 130ad+ character that can harm for 100+ overpowered, no way a melee

should be able to cast magic like that without one penalty. Fighters need Reasoning now

after the cap. It gives rationality too, so instant overkill. )

[/moan]

Amen ProHibited, I am adding your list to my own personal one.

How a fighter casts magic, swings a sword AND drinks potions for zero penalty is a problem.

(I should repeat, since I'm a melee tank. I'm shooting myself in the foot with

the notion of variety and balance. However, KF with healers, mages, rangers, summoners,fighters,

battlemage\warlock hybrids. is shitloads more fun :devlish: , Not that standing on the votd side of KF

ganging the 1st brave soul that walks in, and then waiting for the next victim isn't fun :) )

I'm not recommending this for the good of the community, to save EL, or rescue lost kittehs.

Purely for my desire to make EL PvP kick even more ass. :medieval:

Is that enough to stand against a Dragon for a short time :medieval: ? And what happens if the Dragon hits for 100 ?

(Immune to all physical attacks for 90s, enjoy :medieval: )

Is that enough to stand against a Dragon for a short time :devlish: ? And what happens if the Dragon hits for 100 ?

Well I said "NO melee attacking while cast", but yes its totally overpowered, just like Magic Immunity

currently is, underlines the problem, true? Cast MI and stand in front of any magic user, and type "neener

neener for 90 secs" The attackers damage is pointless in the overpowered model ,but would matter in a percentage

version. A percentage version is the logical choice reduced damage from melee, and can be 'debuffed',

same as MI should be. As it stands, there are boosts, shields, immunities without an offense to thwart them.

ninja-suggestion \ :) / qb-sneak

(One dragon solution: dragon breathes fire, fire damage, problem solved in killing mages and rangers near it)

The ideas are really intriguing. And I agree, it would make pk, and pvp much more interesting.

I also like the idea about the life drain spell. But I would add a base "always drain x" from the preson/creature cast upon. Obviously based upon things like rationality, magic level, and the opponents magic resistence.

Quick food for thought, let armor level influence spell power:

Fighter: Steel plate or better can cast current spells at current strengths.

Mage: can wear no better than plain leather armor (or even better robes only) and can cast Robotbob's new spells and current spells at increased strengths.

Yes this is pretty much ripped right out of D&D and other old RPG's where it was done for game balance. I do admit this would cause a whole lot crying, wailing and nashing of teeth, but it would really give mages a place in PK.

Again, just something to consider.

Mage: can wear no better than plain leather armor (or even better robes only) and can cast Robotbob's new spells and current spells at increased strengths.

Yes this is pretty much ripped right out of D&D and other old RPG's where it was done for game balance. I do admit this would cause a whole lot crying, wailing and nashing of teeth, but it would really give mages a place in PK.

Not at all.

Most of us would prefer not to wear amour. And mage robes are in game (though stats are yet unknown by us players) And we are waiting patincely for a set of these robes.........

Magic Immunity should work like it will protect from the next x negativ spells that will have as target the caster. So should work the physical immunity it would protetct for the next x hit you will take. But the time they stay active to be the 90 sec as it is now. I think this way they wouldent be owerpowered.

Maybe for spells should be like 5 spells, and for physical im like 10 or so.

Just my 2 bani.

Ah yes. The idea that a mage must be able to move freely to cast magic efficiently. I remember that well enough.

I also think that we should have more damage dealing spells and such. Perhaps have a requirement for both hands or at least one hand to be empty to cast some spells.

Another set of useful spells would be stun and web. Both of which would paralyze the opponent so you could flee or have a chance to do something special.

Well... We are all mages and we are all melee fighters. There are no fixed classes so no armor limitations based on classes. I do agree that armor could at least give some penalty with regards to magic. (exceptions; Leather/Dragon armors)

There are several possible solutions that could make a "real mage class" many of wich have indeed been discussed a lot in suggestions!

This suggestion is rather good if you would ask me and I would like to add something to it:

As it is now, Att + Def + Mag skill works together.

To make a "real" mage, the 3 skills would need to break apart, a/d for fighters magic for mages.

Offcourse fighters should be able to cast magic spells in combat, BUT the spells would need to be far less powerfull than they are right now. The Mage's spells should be powered-up, so they can actually win from fighters.

Idea's:

option 1: "attributes" ( {combination of Charm / Ethereality and/or Reaction of caster } * [spell effect] ) / {combination of Matter/Toughness and/or Dexterity of opponent}

option 2: "clothes" ( { Magic Robes effects of caster } * { opponents armour } * [spell effect] ) / { magic resistance of opponent }

option 3: "skill level" ( { Magic level of caster } * [spell effect] ) / { combination of att+def of opponent } <- maybe (att + def) / 10 or 20 or whatever

option 4: "nexus" ( { Magic Nexus of caster } * [spell effect] ) / { Human nexus of opponent }

Or option 5: "attributes + clothes + skill level + nexus" :)

( {combination of Charm / Ethereality and/or Reaction of caster } * { Magic Robes effects of caster } * { opponents armour } * { Magic level of caster } * { Magic Nexus of caster } * [spell effect] ) / ( {combination of Matter/Toughness and/or Dexterity of opponent} * { magic resistance of opponent } * { combination of att+def of opponent } * { Human nexus of opponent } ) :P ebul!

Or any combination :)

It will for sure break the att / def / magic combo ...

Fractions can allways be discussed and tweaded so the mages wont become uber-powerfull, but will stand a chance against figthers.

Cyas!

<Jerome_NL ingame nowadays :wub: >

Well... We are all mages and we are all melee fighters. There are no fixed classes so no armor limitations based on classes. I do agree that armor could at least give some penalty with regards to magic. (exceptions; Leather/Dragon armors)

Maybe only spell shall have requiments like:

0 hands needed spell, self casted spells( like heal, restoration, shields etc)

1 hand needed spells (heal others)

2 hand needed spells aggressiv spells

The thing I find the most strange about EL magic is spell range. It seems slightly unbalanced to me that a fighter with relatively low magic can reach a mage with TTR spell at the distance roughly four times longer than a maximum distance of offensive spell a mage can cast. Obviously a mage can use invisibility but that makes a combat for a mage who is not high in a/d/p/c quite short.

A side note - same applies to rangers who can be caught with TTR way too easy. TTR is not overpowered by any means but a ward that creates a circle of anti-ttr protection would be a great tactical combat tool for mages and rangers.

Back to the topic - I'd consider increasing range of offensive spells. Spell range could have been based solely on magic skill level to avoid buffing just by maximizing r/w.

I also miss those classic rpg area spells like fireball and meteor shower for instance :pickaxe: :pickaxe:

I also miss those classic rpg area spells like fireball and meteor shower for instance :laugh::D

if we are at the classic area spell, what about silence, blind, fire ripples, confusion etc

I was thinking that why we want to introduce classes in a clasless game. I think that many of us started to play because you can be warhero and worker at the same time.

I agree staff should have human zero, atm its Staff(1), QrtStaff(2), SoP(5), SoM(5).

I agree offensive magic spells need an increase range. Its currently at melee range,

you need to practically stand on the target to harm it.

I was thinking that why we want to introduce classes in a clasless game. I think that many of us started to play because you can be warhero and worker at the same time.

You can call this a classless game but its not. Just because my stat window does not say

"Orchan Male Barbarian Warrior" does not change the fact that I am. Even though I can change

this, without creating a new character, reset recovering from 120+oa will take more than 1

dedicated year.

I would call it classless, if RESET was changed to be non-destructive. It currently is,

tada your character is nerf'd welcome to months of recovery.

I also miss those classic rpg area spells like fireball and meteor shower for instance :P:pinch:

You made me have a moment of Nostalgia there...warcraft II ftw =O..Those fireball spells were awesome. You are right in saying that the range on some spells are rather short..

+1 For the original suggestion. :wub: