Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaddy

Isnt this a bit overpowered?

Lol long and short of it is I am giving you all someone to PKing, have fun with it OK :whistle: As I said the ubbers hit fast when 5 or of you all are hitting me at the same time said then I am lucky if they hit, some times I die (I do not care), some times I get one or two of you. Anyways several others have Ubbers.

Have Fun,

Attila

Lowering its chance, or removing it, is skirting the real issue.

How?

Removing it addresses the issue beautifully imo.

The only reason removing them is an undesirable solution is doing so is an admission that their existence in the first place was a mistake.

LOL, it has +15 to critical-to-hit.

Well what is the chance of rolling a crit-hit once it has the +15 applied to the natural bonus? Lets say it's 30% chance. (i'd say thats being generous.)

Everyone who can hit their opponent ~30%+ of the time with OS, will still use OS, cause 5 more damage.

Heaps of people will still use OS against a multitude of their oppnents, it'll still be a far more popular PK weapon than Rapier.

EDIT: The Rapier does have +5 to crit-dmg, that can go along with the def and acc bonuses.

My bad, misstype.

Yeah against opponents who you have 100% accuracy against...... <snip> ....otherwise rapier is better.

No, +15 to crit-hit DOES NOT = guaranteed 100% accuracy, it only = guaranteed 30% at best, so Orc Slayer WOULD NOT only be the better choice if you've got 100% accuracy, it would still be the better choice so long as you have 30% accuracy or more.

You obviously have no clue. Just because you've has spent years grinding levels does not necessarily mean you have a good grasp of game mechanics, clicking a monster/player and holding home does not automatically = knowledge. I'm done talking to you.

EDIT: toned down flaminess

EDIT2:

I know why some higher level players would be against my suggested changes to the Rapier.

My suggested changes would make them a bit more vulnerable when being ganged by a group of lower level players. They want to retain their one-man-army status.

EDIT3:

Here's the ways i'd fix or help the situation in order of my preference:
  • Remove the Steel Greaves of Ubber Def from the game
  • Significantly reduce their activation chance (to say 0.5%)
  • Decrease the dragon armor's armor bonus to match Ti plate's (leave all the cold/heat/mag/etc. protections, still making them desirable armor) and reduce the scales needed in production by ~25-35%
  • Remove the accuracy and defense bonuses from the Rapier and increase it's damage to 30-35

How in the world is this a solution to untouchable buffs? I think the ubber def

boost is just an example of buffs that cannot be thwarted by the enemy, ever.

And perhaps Oh LaWdy dragon armors are too good is another topic.

In case it's mis-understood, i'm not suggesting doing all of those things, they're do 'this or this', not do 'this and this'.

Edited by Korrode

Lol long and short of it is I am giving you all someone to PKing, have fun with it OK :whistle: As I said the ubbers hit fast when 5 or of you all are hitting me at the same time said then I am lucky if they hit, some times I die (I do not care), some times I get one or two of you. Anyways several others have Ubbers.

Have Fun,

Attila

But you think it's fun letting your items (SGoUD and OSoMN/JSoC) do the work for you with cooldown/mana depletion? and not using any tactic at all but to just get ur def to +30 and hope your items work?. I honestly see no fun in that at all. items like this do wreck the fun of others, i know a few PKers that won't even try to go into kf when they see people ice drag+ubber def greaves. or even the OSoMN, all of a sudden the fight starts a "lets see who has best items" and not the levels/attrib setup.

How?

The only reason removing them is an undesirable solution is doing so is an admission that their existence in the first place was a mistake.

I'm totally lost why you think this.

An item produces a defense bonus that cannot be countered.

So instead of recommending a way to counter boosts, you recommend

removing one item. Why not create a balanced counter? its a good item

and has its place in the tank arsenal. What about any other current or

future item that could 'buff' or boost a character, there still is ZERO defense

against.

Have a headache? Cut off the head,

Have a headache? Cut off the head,

Sadly, most human extremities are vital to human's day-to-day operation, the ubber def greaves are not vital to EL's operation.

A better example would be;

Have a skin cancer? Cut it out.

...which is the way such a problem would be solved :)

Anyways, although i still think removing it is the best option, countering it is good too.

EDIT: typos -,-

EDIT2:

What about any other current or future item that could 'buff' or boost a character, there still is ZERO defense against.

When it comes to equipment, remove them all, don't make any in the future.

An item that has "ZERO defense against" is the epitome and definition of 'Overpowered'

Sorry i think i missed your point, you're concerned that my line of thinking holds back the implementation of future combat items/equipment? Well it does. Let me reply again:

I believe EL reached a complete and balanced point prior to Dragon Armors, 'Special' weps/armors and pick-point buying.

As it's my opinion that when it comes to PvP combat, the game was balanced, interesting and complete at that point, adding more combat related equipment is unnecessary and only risks unbalancing a complete product. (and that is what's happened.)

If stopping implementing further melee combat equipment is undesirable by the developer(s), then i agree with you 100% that countering the new implementations with a defense is the best and only option... which brings me back to my suggested changes to the Rapier :whistle::)

...if not changes to the Rapier, then a new single handed weapon with the stats i suggested, that's not too much dearer... but really i think it's better to get an item that's largely unused in PK used, rather than just 'adding more st00f'.

Edited by Korrode

So you would like a buff removing spell that can bypass MI?

Or sell Orange spam armour and weapons in the EL shop so everyone has a set :whistle:

Personally I wouldnt like a spell to remove buffs, I would much prefer Gerbils idea that all buffs are reset to zero upon death (or even leaving the pk map if thats possible)

Are they overpowered hmmm maybe depends on peoples luck tbh (or lack thereof), I would be more concerned about bronze sword being OP than ubers tbh

I agree. ive witnessed atilla fighting in KF.. he's not a very liked guy and gets ganged alot. that has alot to do with his ubber stuff working so well.

as far as sabbath saying he has no tactic.. using that armor and wep set up IS a tactic. if i had the resources i would definatly be doing the exact same thing..

but in saying that. i like gerbils idea. make the buffs go away when you die/change map.

as far as sabbath saying he has no tactic.. using that armor and wep set up IS a tactic.

strategy* :whistle:

He does lack tactical ability, his usage of those armors is a strategy... a basic, riches-based strategy, but a strategy nonetheless.

EDIT:

...and yes i like Gerbil's idea also... map change = bb buffs.

Edited by Korrode

I agree. ive witnessed atilla fighting in KF.. he's not a very liked guy and gets ganged alot. that has alot to do with his ubber stuff working so well.

as far as sabbath saying he has no tactic.. using that armor and wep set up IS a tactic. if i had the resources i would definatly be doing the exact same thing..

but in saying that. i like gerbils idea. make the buffs go away when you die/change map.

if thats a tactic to let $ win everytime, then we should all just #Kill_me yes. fcuk training endless hours because some douche with $ can beat you with a wave of his/her credit card.

Can I suggest giving www guild thier own section of the forums for mass posting of game change ideas that suit them pls :wub:

We all run into parts of the game we dont dig, like me recently being killed by effing bears because I didnt know M.I stops the drainage ( yeh I know , n00b n00b n00b )

But does that mean we should all try and change the game to suit our style or desired style of play ? sure we can give it a shot and make the odd suggestion but please for the love of god will you just admit you want these changes because it will suit you better and not try and gloss it over as ''for the good of the game''

We all run into parts of the game we dont dig, like me recently being killed by effing bears because I didnt know M.I stops the drainage ( yeh I know , n00b n00b n00b )

See, this is the difference between us Ateh. You and your little buddy popeye are n00bs with incomplete game knowledge, we're long-time PK'ers who've extensively tested available options and carefully considered the situation.

You make the odd suggestion and we point out what already exists in-game to solve your problem, we make suggestions for legit problems of which there is no in-game defense, and you just post bs spam on our threads because you don't understand the whole deal.

EDIT: slight re-wording

EDIT2: I could suggest absolutely anything and you'd claim i was being selfish and that any claims of mine that it's good for the game as a whole are bs. Thus, it's obvious you're completely unobjective and bias, and anything you have to say on these kind of topics should be discarded immediately.

WWKD? Delete your posts :wub:

Edited by Korrode

Can I suggest giving www guild thier own section of the forums for mass posting of game change ideas that suit them pls :wub:

But does that mean we should all try and change the game to suit our style or desired style of play ? sure we can give it a shot and make the odd suggestion but please for the love of god will you just admit you want these changes because it will suit you better and not try and gloss it over as ''for the good of the game''

LOL... just lol. again like i said to Inglor, RTFT. look at everyone's points then post something not so damn ignorant.

as for it will be better for us? you have no idea, no idea at all.

Seems these items are pretty rare, your average newb with a credit card is still not going to be able to buy every piece of equipment in game, And, no offense, but if you have been playing for 2-3 years as much as the dedicated trainners put in every day, and you cant find the gc's to bid/buy some of these items for yourself, that you are doing something wrong. It takes skill to win, but also takes gc's. I know one fellow that got 3 articapes, and an nmt in a week farming yetis....Thats 800k, can buy yourself something pretty with that kinda gc's. And if you cant beat them with raw force, use your brains, there are plenty items in game to help you...

Giant stones

BOD

Brod

wards

bombs

Bring a mage restoration service

Arrows

you get the idea

These items are in game, and personaly, anyone that doesnt mind risking breakage of a 1million gc' jsoc, deserves to have an advantage, because its only a matter of time til that 1million goes poof anyhow.

One of the goals here is to have PK being fun without having to spend hours making enough gc for 3 mins of PK.

As for your friend who got 3 arti capes and a NMT in a week, well that's just wonderful for them, i've never had an NMT or arti drop in my EL life.

EDIT: and, of course, even if i got a NMT cape a week, it's not justification for equipment to exist that's overpowered.

Edited by Korrode

I suppose,

there are some rare items that give a much bigger advantage then others

We have some swords that are pretty useless while the JSOC is the be all end all

We have the SCOUD which, you say is over powered because to cant hit someone.

I do agree that the boosts should be reset to zero on dying absolutely

and it seems the biggest gripe about the sgoud is how often the effect happens in multi combat?

I disagree, if you are 1 man, fighting 2-5-10 people, and you have the gear you should get the advantage. Everyone ganging up on one poor fighter he needs all the help he can get.

I'm surprised you think the idea of equipment that allows 1 person to quite potentially defeat numerous opponents of similar strength is a good thing.

I find this mindset especially odd for a MMORPG, where i would think that teamwork would be encouraged greatly, and the biggest rewards would be given for teamwork, not for riches/equipment.

I find this mindset especially odd for a MMORPG, where i would think that teamwork would be encouraged greatly, and the biggest rewards would be given for teamwork, not for riches/equipment.

Maybe you should stop blindly hitting your opponent and use another strategy (when ganging a player with these items) ?

It really looks like whining otherwise :wub:

I'm surprised you think the idea of equipment that allows 1 person to quite potentially defeat numerous opponents of similar strength is a good thing.

Hmmmm but shouldnt PK be about "who has the best Tactics/Char" etc not who has the most $ OR biggest guild ?

Maybe you should stop blindly hitting your opponent and use another strategy (when ganging a player with these items) ?

lol @ me 'blindly hitting' opponents, lololol

lol if u guys had that armor weapons whe wouldent here a singel word from u

In the last ~4 days i've started using bronze sword in PK and have gained more pki in those days than i did in the last month before. (Just ask Kram who gave me almost a whole point in the space of about 5 mins :wub: )

Do i still think they're overpowered and need adjustment/removal? You bet i do.

EDIT:

Hmmmm but shouldnt PK be about "who has the best Tactics/Char" etc not who has the most $ OR biggest guild ?

Well, i certainly think combat strength of one side in a fight should receive a good increase per additional strong player that participates.

I also think tactics and char should offer much too.

Riches i think should matter less than any of the above.... but i'd settle for them offering an equivalent strength increase as any of the above... atm they offer more than any of the above.

Edited by Korrode

Well, not sure what I think exactly.

I do think 5 people ganging up on some is not team work , but a band of Bullys really.

I am, of course all for team work, Team work in this game could be best defined in the new Instances, or lower levels like me going dragon hunting etc.

There is little reward in 5 people ganging up on one person and winning a fight? Now, there are times where this is nessecery I suppose, but often, as pk is now, there are a band of brothers camped at entrance to KF, some one walks in, and everyone runs to slay them? Is this fun? Now if that one person had these sgoud and put up a good fight against a gang and won, then perhaps people would think twice about setting up camp. Maybe they will plan a way to defeat this person..adding more fun for the group? Sometimes, defeating the seamingly impossible, is a lot more fun then winning an easy fight.

I am unsure of the break rate of these rare items, but I do know they break in combat. So , these items really only give a temperary advantage for those that bought them. And, it is a big investment, to go out and spend to win a few fights on a no drop map.

Of course what do I know, I dont even use armors other then the odd augment kit

And that's how it is for me, if I can kill someone w/o his special weaps/armors I can kill him while he is wearing them too, np for me, it affects me only in a small way :wub:

Edit: damn fast typers :P meant as response to cona :P

Edited by Dushan

lol @ me 'blindly hitting' opponents, lololol

You really did not get what i was saying... It's not about you, it's about whole group of people fighting someone with that gear.

And that's how it is for me, if I can kill someone w/o his special weaps/armors I can kill him while he is wearing them too, np for me, it affects me only in a small way :wub:

It seems that way for you because your char is very strong, and the stronger one gets, the less equivalent opponents there are to test against.

If we replicated your char, exactly, and you used your char with Ti plate/normal swords, and someone of equivalent PK skill used the copy of your char and used def greave, mirror cuisses, Ice drag torso and had most of the special swords at their disposal, do you truly believe you'd still win the fight np?