Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MagpieLee

Staff of Protection and Staff of the Mage

Does anyone know what are the breakrates for these two weapons are?
Back in the day I would use a SOP while fighting rem orcs in votd, after the first few broke almost immediately I soon changed my mind :D

Back in the day I would use a SOP while fighting rem orcs in votd, after the first few broke almost immediately I soon changed my mind :D

Are you serious? The break rate is the lowest in the game.

low as in 1/100k or something?

I *have* heard of some breaking pretty easily and because they don't have a second state (i.e. damaged, pre-owed, used, second-hand) they still can be pretty risky considering their prices.

Are you serious? The break rate is the lowest in the game.
This was maybe 2 years ago, I would equip one and wait to be attacked by them, it would take a little time to break but they did break. I don't know about the rates now and was only replying from personal experience, no offence was intended. I was probably too low to be fighting them at the time which may have had something to do with the breakages.

low as in 1/100k or something?

I *have* heard of some breaking pretty easily and because they don't have a second state (i.e. damaged, pre-owed, used, second-hand) they still can be pretty risky considering their prices.

well just b/c a few have broken "easily" doesnt mean that at all. it just means they fell into that chance to break.. its a chance at breaking.. bad luck to you if you hit that chance for a break..

like if you get robbed at work 4 times in 1 month.. you might say. the crime rate has really risen at work. but its really just the case that the crime rate is the same. and you were just the unlucky one to get robbed. :X

I have been in melee with some of the best pkers in EL (and some of the strongest) My SOP is 6-8 months old and hasnt broken yet. Though I dont use it for trainning/mob killing. So far in pk fighting it has been invaulable

I bought a SoP back a bit (maybe 2 months at best) and it seems to be holding up great. I've probably killed a few hundred trolls/ogres with it and I love it so far (I do hate the idea that when it does degrage, poof... lol but oh well)

I rarely have to heal using it so I'm getting about 5-10x the nomral experience over the same amount of reagents for fighting (health esses, SRs, etc...) With the new, lower price it seems well worth it to me...