Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Bot marketplaces

Bot marketplaces  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have bot marketplaces?

• Yes
    • No

I voted yes, because the creation of marketplaces populated with vendors (bots) will nicely contribute to the roleplaying aspect.

Regarding the market aspects, clustering the bots will speed up the market process. For bot owners, this can be a disavantages (losing a local market monopole) but can have also advantages, since the number of people willing to pass buy is higher.

Another idea is to make the marketplaces, but make it voluntary to move your bot there-perhaps with a few exceptions such as NC-that map is small and I can't see how it'd inconvenience bot owners to move the bots into 1 or 2 marketplaces on that map.

voluntary would be nice :)

I see most (if not all) of the "no" answers are from bot owners that don't want to move their bots from their current location, which is quite sensible. But consider the issue is not wheter all bots should be forcibly moved elsewhere, but whether to have more "atmosphere" to the game. As Roja said, "They'd be small marketplace areas in convenient locations which we could discuss." For example, the NC map could be changed to have a marketplace near where the bots are currently standing (so, same position "strategically", but a nicer landscaping around them).

My opinion: isolated, strategically placed bots could stay where they are; any large number of bots should be hosted in a marketplace or shop (building) of appropriate look and nature. DP is fine, WSC is fine, Ida docks and market place are fine... the vast number of bots in NC is probably too much.

I voted no....

Yes NC is a joke- and should be cleaned up - however, some bots are in certain locations for specific reasons - Adarah, Merchant, Agneum etc - Moving them to a dedicated area would not be a good idea.

As for the vast majority - yes move em to marketplaces - as has been said DP works beautifully.

No one plans to spend all that money on a bot for it not to be profitable.. its the desire of most if not all bot owners.. why make it any harder than it already is on us.. personally if i was forced to go into market. i admit i'd test it for a month or two.. but if its like i think and cuts my profits *which it will on at least 1 of my bots b/c of its placement and purpose* then i'd rather not have a bot than to lose money and be paying for it ;X

I didn't really understand that, your sentences are a bit non-nonsensical

#edit: kk, got it. I think you're welcome to not renew your bot payments in the future. And I think you should have been aware when you paid money for blessings, that things *do* change in beta games.

bots will do 1 of two things..

raise their buy prices and their sell prices so they pay more than other bots.. but also as a consequence you will have to pay more for stuff..

Then people will stop buying stuff from bots altogether.

Edited by Shujral

I just can't see owners volunteering to move their bots. Seems so inconvenient. Also, as they all are saying, they chose their locations for a reason.

I certainly chose my BOT spot for a reason and its not all because of profit - it is more to do with being convieninet for me and being on my favorite map. I think Roja's second post about being a voluntry situation is more ideal. I would not want to move mine and if I am truly honest if I had to, I would probably let its rent run out and not bother with him anymore.

No one plans to spend all that money on a bot for it not to be profitable.. its the desire of most if not all bot owners.. why make it any harder than it already is on us.. personally if i was forced to go into market. i admit i'd test it for a month or two.. but if its like i think and cuts my profits *which it will on at least 1 of my bots b/c of its placement and purpose* then i'd rather not have a bot than to lose money and be paying for it ;X

I didn't really understand that, your sentences are a bit non-nonsensical

bots will do 1 of two things..

raise their buy prices and their sell prices so they pay more than other bots.. but also as a consequence you will have to pay more for stuff..

Then people will stop buying stuff from bots altogether.

i was just saying. the reason we pay for bots is b/c we expect them to be profitable.

to spend money like that and not make a profit is just crazy.. why would anyone do it?

I voted yes for three reasons:

1. I would most definitely use bots more if I didn't have to track each and every one down when I want to buy something.

2. I think bots "strategically placed" all over every map ruins many beautiful spots ingame. Nothing like a beautiful sunset over some purple name, and my favorite spot in PV got a silly bot stuck in the middle of it (the pretty courtyard with the bench, not very romantic anymore with a bot).

3. The areas scattered around EL with various stalls in a group look great for all the bots, it looks like a marketplace and would be great for the roleplaying aspect.

"They'd be small marketplace areas in convenient locations which we could discuss." For example, the NC map could be changed to have a marketplace near where the bots are currently standing (so, same position "strategically", but a nicer landscaping around them).

This is exactly what I'd have in mind. I wouldn't think of making the marketplaces in far out of the way areas...but actually talk to you guys about where you'd like them, and they can even be in places where there are a lot of bots already.

Another idea is to make the marketplaces, but make it voluntary to move your bot there-perhaps with a few exceptions such as NC-that map is small and I can't see how it'd inconvenience bot owners to move the bots into 1 or 2 marketplaces on that map.

Many bots, mine included, are placed strategically where they are to benefit both their owner and and their customers. Moving them would defeat their purpose. However, I agree that some areas are very overcrowded as has already been expressed. I do like this idea, Roja. Having bot marketplaces strategically placed close to storage will encourage bot owners to put bots there. If a non-market area gets crowded then it may be worth having a limit on bots in the area outside of the market place in those areas.

I don't mind the idea as long as its voluntary.

and if Roja is going to discuss with people about where we would like it. im sure those in places like NC or w/e would be happy to go along with it.

I think bots look great in marketplaces, but so does the occasional hardy and lonely salesman.

When changing the policies we must take into account that bots provide a service to their customers to save them walks. It should be possible to leave these ones in such places.

The marketplaces should be at least near a storage, a few resources or at some junction, otherwise nobody would bother walking there.

I vote no. as a bot owner

1. Location had to be approved first, so at that point something should have been said.

Example 1. Sorry we don’t approve there because too many already there.

Example 2. If this applies only to bots that are mashed together near an area like nc again they had to be approved first, so it’s not like we carelessly just said I want mine here.

2. We (bot owners) paid for our bot($20), the bots location and for ea blessing ($100 per blessing). Mine is located inside a cave. Not bot alleyway

Example 1. If this is approved maybe refunds for bot owners needs to be considered plus refunds for ea blessing that was paid.

Example 2. Cost to bot owner is $100 for first Blessing plus $20 per year for keeping it.

Example 3. If owners want to move location we have to pay $5 US to move

Example 4. If refunded my refund would be $20 first year fee + 3 blessing @ $100 ea + 1 move @ $5 = $325 US dollar’s

***Sarcasm***

3. If we do have a bot market place let’s put all the npc that sell things throughout C1 and C2 in one market location

Example 1. Like all the book sellers can be in a safe market place so I don’t have to change maps or have to go from C1 to C2 just to go buy a book.

Example 2. Let’s put npc’s of each one in each map area. Let’s move Frukas back into WSC near the rest of the npc’s. Poor Frukas is out in the sun and rain all day with no cover.

***End Sarcasm***

Come on now what happen to free enterprise and competition.

If you wanna put your Starbucks beside my Starbucks let the price wars begin. :):medieval:

I don't own a bot, but I do like Iduna's placement and Agneum's.

I vote no for my bots - I have them in hand picked prime locations.

Agneum - Prime location in the silver mine with no nearby bot contention issues.

Titanta - I asked to relocate her which prompted other bots to be moved to WSC market area which is actually a basis of this idea.

Crysar - Prime location with no nearby bot contention issues.

T_c - Prime location with no nearby bot contention issues.

I see (as do others) that there are certain "no-go" areas with far too many bots vying for position. Why not just disperse some of those rather than get the backs up of every bot owner ingame with what sounds like an even more cramped idea of put them all together in one area of a map?

I understand the idea of a bot better than a lot of players ingame, it is simple business mechanics.

Putting a huge number of bots in one area (such as NC) does not make me want to PM each and every one of them, instead it reminds me of the stereotypical "walking through a foreign market" where you have hundreds of people vying for your attention makes me want to put my head down so I don't catch anyone's eye and get out of there as soon as possible.

Disperse them to the winds, don't just move NC to somewhere with tents and call it "progress" please.

Why not just disperse some of those rather than get the backs up of every bot owner ingame with what sounds like an even more cramped idea of put them all together in one area of a map?
What about allowing one free move (no $5 fee) for bots moving out of some of the key over-crowded areas to a market stall or other more appropriate location? See how many people take the offer and how the bot crowding is after. Then decide if more actions need to be taken (involving map change and more aggressive incentives to move bots to them). Edited by bkc56

I voted yes becuase I like the idea but would they be so crammed together that I would lag when i go to get somtin?

Yes, since coming back to EL a few weeks ago if I need to buy something from a bot I either have to walk all over a map trying to find one that is selling what I need at a decent price or watch market channel for a while trying to find what I need. I think this is a great idea.

~RunTime

Same here.

I been pming most new bots with /loc and inv/wanted to find the bots I like to trade with.

It's not that I buy/sell just because the bot is near storage.

The bots online page is not very usefull because it's impossible to se if it's trade- or guardbots.

It would be nice to have some bots moved to market area's. IE, the nc bots, and some on the mm bots, and some of the dp bots. Maybe even some of the EVTR bots and pl ones.

At the same time. Players had to PAY for where there bots are located. And often those locations are hand picked, and what they carry/sell is picked to complement there surroundings.

I can defintily see putting generic sell everything in locations together, if they so choose.

At the same time, bots very locations are often their greatest asset, so rewuiring them to move would be just plain mean and counter productive.

I voted no, beause I don't want ot see bots forces to relocate and loose their prime spot. At the same time it would be nice to offer that (bot market area) as an option. Partiuclarly for maps which are over crowded as is.

I try to use bots as little as possible, as I like gc going to other players who work for it. Though when I can't find what I want, I like the convenience of their current locations.

Please READ before voting!

Some places in the game are getting very overcrowded by bots(such as NC). It's like a bot minefield. Imo, I don't even like to walk through that map anymore seeing all those lifeless eyes staring at me...but maybe it's just me. What do you guys think?

it's not just you

voted yes please

I voted yes also for many reasons, all of them already covered here.

I am a bot owner myself, and I chose the location for my bot simply because there were already bots around. To me it makes more sense to have bots together, like in real life, a shopping center (mall) attracts more customers, and the individual stores make more money, than the convenience store down the road). I can honestly say that the bot is making more money in its current location than it was in its previous position, which was close to a store but with no other bots around.

However, I like Roja's idea of making the move a voluntary thing, as I agree it would be unfair to force people to move something which was already paid for. IMO the best thing would be to make the market places and allow already paid for bots to chose to move or not, but to change the rules so that new bots are only allowed to be located at a market, unless there are specific reasons why it should be allowed in a different position. And strict rules as to what would be allowed this exception. For me bots like Agneum and Iduna are in a great location to provide the service they were designed for and I would hate to see that go, but for the majority of bots, mine included, a move to a market area would not mean much of a change, maybe the odd tweaking of prices to stay competitive but im pretty certain the bot owners can do something similar to the tailors and form a group and agree prices as a team.

I have to agree with Aislinn, I prefer to use bots that are close together, especially if I want 1k of essies...I have even paid slightly more to buy from bots close together because it works out the same in the long run when you factor the cost of essies or rings to travel between them. And I definitely agree that some fantastic spots in game have been spoilt because of a bot placement. I am sure the owners had very valid reasons for placing them where they did, but regular players have valid reasons for enjoying those spots also :)

Just my 2 pences worth :)

Bots buy/sell prices would all be equal if standing next to each other, there eventully would be no profit to be made,

welcome to the world of the non bot owner lol

*edit* but seriously , how will this change the economy ?

Edited by Ateh