Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Bot marketplaces

Bot marketplaces  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have bot marketplaces?

• Yes
    • No

Please READ before voting!

Would you like to have special places set aside in every(or almost every) map or town to have the store bots stay at? Instead of being randomly spread throughout all maps? They'd be small marketplace areas in convenient locations which we could discuss. Some areas where there are a lot of bots already wouldn't even change much(such as the DP area with the tents).

Some places in the game are getting very overcrowded by bots(such as NC). It's like a bot minefield. Imo, I don't even like to walk through that map anymore seeing all those lifeless eyes staring at me...but maybe it's just me. What do you guys think?

Excellent idea

Also i know we have rraisa which looks at the maeket channel and some bots but a way to see all bot prices and items would be nice also

Edited by dragon_23

i voted no. i own 2 bots and i really like where they are.

like 1. is very close to several monster spawns.. and it sells items they need like he's and sr's..

it makes a good profit b/c it makes resources available to them without them going all the way to a storage.

i wouldnt be able to do that in a market place..

and i know a few other bots that are placed strategically for a purpose.. i would say a few of labrats bots are placed very strategically and for a purpose.

Yes, since coming back to EL a few weeks ago if I need to buy something from a bot I either have to walk all over a map trying to find one that is selling what I need at a decent price or watch market channel for a while trying to find what I need. I think this is a great idea.

~RunTime

Hmmm, sounds good, but:

- such marketplace should be near store to be effective (as the tents in DP)

- if only few marketplaces will be allowed and no bots outside, then the price-war will became even more intesive as it will be too easy to check all bots around and select the best prize ...

I Voted yes as well!

And I wouldn't even mind making all the location changes in my thread to keep everything current! :(

I voted no because I like my BOT where he is, however I do agree that some maps are way overcrowded.

I hope if this comes to be that it will not be compulsory to move my BOT otherwise I will be very unhappy :(

*edit to add* BOT owners as myself paid real life money for them and thier position on maps - not realy fair if that choice was taken away when a service and place has been paid for.

Edited by Tiwaz

OK.

So, No.

Why would I want my bot clumped in with another bot in a marketplace?

So bots next to each other can compete? 'OMG THAT BOT BUYS FOR BETTER THEN THAT ONE!'

or 'THAT BOT HAS A BETTER PRICE'

this is a terrible idea, Roja- when do you walk through NC? i haven't seen you off IP in like a year.

See, we payed for our bot location and bots...whats the point of owning the bot?

First, theres the no talking in local, and now you plan on clumping them all together?

NO

NO

NO :(

Voted no

Location Location Location

When we paid for our bots we carefully selected a location that is most benifical to the owners

Having the bots in certain area could mean less traffic, and cause someother hassles as well

Well i cant say i dislike the idea, i dislike places like NC too. but as a botowner i am glad with the place my bot is. Even due to some chances its less stratagic as it was before.

What i would like more is bots more spread, or places more obvious. Some ppl have their bots buy/sell very specific stuff, like bones near a place with lots of skelletons. If they where moved to a market place it would hurt the botowner but also ppl who train and sell their bones so they dont have to keep walking to the storage. There are same kind of tradebots in caves aswell, i dont think it would be fair to their owners.

for now i'l see what other opinions there will be before i vote

Moving some of the bots to reduce overcrowding sounds like a good idea. Moving some of the bots into market areas instead of being so spread out also sounds good. I'd rather not move my own bot snce it seems to do pretty nice business where it is . . . .

I understand wanting to limit the number of bots in a cerrtain area, like a max number in NC, but I like bots in other than ordanary places, inside a mine for example.

I would not want to have bots limited to designated areas or marketplaces. I would actually rather see traveling bots, but that is another issue.

I understand placement of bots being near entrances, exits or on major routes. The bots sprinkled through the forest of WS make no sense to me.

If you want bots to go into a market place, perhaps there should be an incentive for it.

Edited by nathanstenzel

i have voted no because i like my bot where it is

players can stop to buy stuff when training without going back to store

some places do look crowded but surely entropy approved the position of bots before placed

so why let any more go there if too crowded

OK.

So, No.

Why would I want my bot clumped in with another bot in a marketplace?

So bots next to each other can compete? 'OMG THAT BOT BUYS FOR BETTER THEN THAT ONE!'

or 'THAT BOT HAS A BETTER PRICE'

this is a terrible idea, Roja- when do you walk through NC? i haven't seen you off IP in like a year.

See, we payed for our bot location and bots...whats the point of owning the bot?

First, theres the no talking in local, and now you plan on clumping them all together?

NO

NO

NO :(

Well, since you put it in this kind terms "terrible idea", "NO NO NO" and stuff, you will be able to keep your bot wherever it is, but I am sure some people can chose not to buy from it anymore :)

Something like the area for guild npc's we have near Idaloran port, but more like a market area (with stalls; thinking about the area in Arius, at the other side of the wall from storage)?

Oh, since I hardly use bots I didn't vote.