Eternal Lands Official Forums
Moebird

How Did You Get Your EL Name?

Well, my name isn't a very "normal" one, and due to that there are a lot of misconceptions behind it, although I really chose it for fairly normal reasons. Firstly, my name is meant to be:

EvilMangoPie

NOT:

EvilManGoPie or EvilMangGopie And all you call me "gopie" should be ashamed :D (You know who you evil people are)

The name came around a long time ago, when I was just a 'lil boy. While playing another game I needed a username, and, at the time a friend was round my house. Together we came up with "evilmangopie" which has kept with me for a long time. Firstly, evil because I am really an angel :icon13:. Secondly mango, because at the time I had an obsession with it, mainly because it sounds great and it is the most delicious fruit in the world. Pie, simply because everyone loves pie! The name has kind of stuck with my online ever since.

NOT:

EvilManGoPie or EvilMangGopie And all you call me "gopie" should be ashamed :) (You know who you evil people are)

Gopie :D

and Gerbil was my nic at highschool :icon13: i did this gerbil imitation once, noone ever forgot it and the name stuck :D

Well, my name isn't a very "normal" one, and due to that there are a lot of misconceptions behind it, although I really chose it for fairly normal reasons. Firstly, my name is meant to be:

EvilMangoPie

NOT:

EvilManGoPie or EvilMangGopie And all you call me "gopie" should be ashamed :D (You know who you evil people are)

The name came around a long time ago, when I was just a 'lil boy. While playing another game I needed a username, and, at the time a friend was round my house. Together we came up with "evilmangopie" which has kept with me for a long time. Firstly, evil because I am really an angel :icon13:. Secondly mango, because at the time I had an obsession with it, mainly because it sounds great and it is the most delicious fruit in the world. Pie, simply because everyone loves pie! The name has kind of stuck with my online ever since.

sometimes people call me MagPieLee which is kinda funny :)

Any storage, at least twice a day:

"Hey Fedora, do you use Gentoo?" (attention deficit person)

"Why dont you are in LNX guild?" (taxonomic biologist)

"Debian rocks, all else is for n00bs" (old school pker)

"Excuse me, can you help me compile my kernel?" (inevitable wandering idiot)

Politely i answer:

"My dear, I'm named by the Princess who named the Hat who named the Distro. It is not your fault if you have no idea of '800 italian opera or even of recent filmography"

But I guess, I probably chose the worst name for a linux compatible mmorpg...

EDIT:

oh, and I'm on a Mac...

Edited by Fedora

I took on the name larrystorch on full time during a night long session of Quake CTF fueled with lots of coffee and sugar. I used it off and on before then, but it stuck after that and I have used it since then non-stop online. Larry Storch is an American TV actor that was popular in the 60's and 70's and was in a TV show I loved as a kid called F-Troop.

My initials are Sy, and it's been my nickname among various groups of friends. All of online tags go back to it.

Way back when the internet was young (and so were we), I went by SyGirl. After a while I started finding that everyone was using it and I had to get more creative. That and, well, it's a dumb name.

SyWren is my mainstay. It is pronounced "siren," which is in fact where it comes from. I was a poet when I first started using it, so a woman who lures men with "song" combined with a small songbird made sense. It makes less sense now that I haven't written anything in a couple years and I can't carry a note.

SyAnide was thought up by people on channel 4 when I need a good fighter name.

boy doesn't count. He's not really "me," he's just a slave. SyBoy would be stupid. Sy'sBoy maybe, but you can't use apostrophes. Besides, what better name for someone who just "fetches" stuff all the time? (Ok, Muleanything is a good name, but works far better as Kickany1's slave.)

I used to have the name sygon, but that's always my starter character (as in Sy is gone).

The only other name I use (other than variations on SyWren such as SyWr3n when it's taken) is SyBeet, which is a nod toward Tom Robbin's novel Jitterbug Perfume.

Even tho most People think i took my name because of Farscape... which is NOT the case... i got my name some time

before that came out >_>

Scorpions are my favourite animals and my favourite band, its easy as that ^^

Even tho most People think i took my name because of Farscape... which is NOT the case... i got my name some time

before that came out >_>

r u a scorpio? :P

before that came out >_>

r u a scorpio? :)

ah yeah forgot about that question as well... no im not :)

dmi (all lowercase) is a contraction of my RL name, I've used it since I can remember (Before Internet in fact), it's pronounced demi.

piojosnos came when I opened my first e-mail... all the nicks I liked were taken, so I finally got anger and choose that one, which is very weird cause it comes from Spanish "piojos"=Lice, "nos" (some kind of contraction from nosotros=We), so I guess you could translate it "LiceWe"

Weird, isn't it? :)

"Hey Fedora, do you use Gentoo?" (attention deficit person)

"Why dont you are in LNX guild?" (taxonomic biologist)

"Debian rocks, all else is for n00bs" (old school pker)

"Excuse me, can you help me compile my kernel?" (inevitable wandering idiot)

oh, and I'm on a Mac...

LOL...

I've see you a few times in game and wonder if the name was the distro, the movie, the hat, the opera or what, thanks for the answer :)

Edited by piojosnos

I've been through a few names before I came to the one I have now. I had each for maybe a year, but never really liked them a lot. I wanted a name that was unique and that I could use in all games and other places...and it took quite a while of brain storming and writing down suggestion before I came up with this one.

I liked it for being unknown, yet fitted in with most languages somehow. And also with times and ages. It goes well as a middle ages name in an EL kind of universe imo ^^ . I still need a last name though...hmm.. B)

ah...and as for the uniqueness....it wasn't until I learned Spanish that I realized that my name was annoyingly close to the Spanish word for 'whistler' :)

Nickname from a classmate from school years ago. because i listen rock and metal, and the whole class didnt :)

My last name is Norman, and my favorite sports team is the Alabama Crimson Tide, hence, Normtide was born. It's always available as a member name everywhere I have tried. In EL, it was eventually shorted to Norm.

My name is soo original... ^^' It's how you pronounce my real name.. *shrug*

Lang ren translates in Chinese (roughly) to WereWolf

Hower more than once Ive been asked if I'm Swe and like skiing >.< lol but anyway...

Lang = Wolf ren=Person

Now,- I'm often called Langy, ren (don't go there I don't like it) and Oi you. B)

Was the first name I chose to game with, and I still use it, however I do have a few others now which are rather unique ^^

Lang :brooding:

Well my name (LadyBea) and it's slight variations, (underscore etc) is who I am - a Lady :whistle: and my name in real life 'Bea'

As to my alternate, her name is Buzzzzie and that came about cause the people I was playing with at the time said I was always running round like a buzzie bee. When I went to try to make the name, "Buzzie" was already taken, so tried to get "Buzzzie", but when the character got made and I saw her name for the first time, I realized my fingers has slipped and I had 4 z's in name, and it has stuck as my alt's name ever since.

well,when I first started EL,I tried John-my name,but it of course wasn't able.

and já = I in Czech,so I just put it together,wanted the name ja-john but the - isn't aloowed to use,so it became just jajohn.

since then I started using it on most of my net accounts (well,sometimes it is jajohnek because jajohn is already taken which would be something like jajohnie or "little I John" in english)

My name was an accadent.. when i started this game it was my 1st online game to ever play. that not being an excuse. i didnt realize we could have "_" in our names.. i wanted to be J_Izzy which was an old nickname of mine from playing madden.

so i put Jizzy.. and it stuck... ..

but something ive always found funny..

the definition of Entropy

A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system.

A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.

The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.

Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.

just makes me laugh..

Been playing role-playing games since the first pamphlet-versions of D&D came out, lo, these many years ago....and, I've read everything ever written by JRR Tolkien (more times than I can remember)....so, it just seemed natural, when I was creating my main character (an Elven fighter/magic-user) that I used Tolkien's Quenya and Sindarin "languages"....I've always been fascinated by astronomy; I'm from California; and, I've been involved in music and singing since childhood.....soooo, combined all of that into Gil-Manel Numeniello, which (very loosely!) translates to "Shining Star Western Singer"....and, I've used that name in every RPG since....

No amazing story as to how my char got her name, its the one i use when working in circle. All my rl friends call me Stormie these days too, in fact i know when wolfie is upset with me, she calls me by my real name :confused: love ya baby girl

Edited by Stormie

My first name for a mmorpg was collardhills, a mixture of my last name, and the name of the street that i live on. I played runescape for a while... got addicted and thought i should find a less addicteve game. I came to EL and made collardhills..... got addicted and still havent left :P

The name mrfancypants comes from a chat i was having with someone when i was a newb here.... i said something and then they said "Well, arent you mr fancy pants!" i made an alt with that name and then changed my forum name to that :P

Tokie

In honor of Tokie,(God rest His soul) a humble Baitshop owner in El JoBean Fla. who could,(and would)hook me up with "whatever I needed" for a full days fishing . There was nothing He would not do for those who showed Him respect. As I do for those who show me respect. In His name I carry on the same tradition,here in Eternal Lands.

Tokie

GM of #nU Guild