Eternal Lands Official Forums
Moebird

How Did You Get Your EL Name?

Why my names are:

Atahn: Originally was a PS RPG, name is lost to me, that the main char is "Stahn" - when I was rolling the char, my bro deleted the first letter... so I replaced it with "A" and have liked the name since for fantasy games. Someone once told me that apparently, "atah" means pain or something in some language...

Aetherion: Loosely referring to the classical elements - Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and Aether. Aether is the 5th element, The others being fire, water, earth, and air, making up the terrestrial sphere, and aether being outside that. The loose meaning is that Atahn is a wanderer, having no real home... and will be better explained when I actually write my story.

UnnamedOne: Originally created as a test-alt when I was a quest writer, and I wrote a sample that required me to walk into a monster-infested PK map - and I didn't want to risk losing my MM cape just to make my name as a quest writer. Later developed into just a play-alt, not really developed since about the 120 client (could be wrong).

Nhata: Bomber-alt - perked up and ready to go, she makes a completely suicidal opposite to Atahn. Also not really developed in a long time.

EDIT: Forgot one

Arnieman: Nickname from my RL friends - they said I drank a lot, and derived my name from a beer-guzzling barstool-warmer from the Simpsons. At the time, they weren't referring to alcohol, tho I can handle my liquor.

Edited by Arnieman

my name in RL is Felix, my friends made Flex out of it, so i just made my rl nickname a bit more "fantasy like" took me only 1min to figure out my name tho ^^

Let see

Isenguard came up with Pigsdofly from a name generator he found when I first started playing lol.

I changed to zureKoDW because it was when I used to do tournaments inrl with yugioh and zurekodw stands for one of the cards 'zure knight of dark world'

Pyscho, was literally a misspelled name (typoed and actually liked the way it sounded)

StrickeN is my favorite song from Disturbed and really liked it

Fireheart is because people called me that at home because i'm a pyromaniac and like fire.

Forever is something I just came up with at random.

Hello all,

My forum name, The_Saxman, is because I played the alto sax in our jazz band at college. I don't play much anymore but I had already started using it on various websites.

My ingame name on the main and PK servers is Jayim_Duinara. I got Jayim in a round about way from my favorite character in an Adventures in Odyssey episode who was named JohnMark (Who is also a Bible character). I took the initials J.M. and wrote out a pronunciation: Jay Em. I didn't like it and I wanted only one name at the time, so I warped it into Jayim. After using that a lot, I decided that I needed a decent fantasy last name. I'm a major Legend of Zelda fanatic, so I used the name of a town from Zelda II: The Adventures of Link called Darunia. (Yes this is also the name of a Goron from Ocarina of Time, but I came up with the name before I had ever heard of that game). After I found out that a Goron was named this, I messed up the letters some and wound up with Duinara. Thus, in most games I am some form of Jayim_Duinara.

I have two alts on the PK server: Joraiem_Andira and Aljeron_Balinor. They are characters from a REALLY good fantasy series called Binding of the Blade by L.B. Graham.

Long winded explanation done,

The_Saxman (Jayim_Duinara)

I started with this name on another game, because my old name was embarrassingly cheesy. I wanted something along the lines of razor, because i like how it sounds(don't know why), and that was already taken. I formed this somehow. Later, i googled it and found out in means rape in Norwegian :)

Lanjelin:

Main person in my favourite serie of books.

"Dolga Lanjelin of the Icelandic wizard dynasty was born in 1723 a midsummer day, and is the son of the Icelandic wizard Mori and his Norwegian wife Tiril."

~Lan~

"Holt, who came in like a white kittling.

Farmara who came in like a fat spaniel without any legs at all

Vinegar Tom, who was like a long-legg'd Greyhound, with an head like an Oxe

Sack and Sugar, like a black Rabbet

Newes, like a Polecat."

as well as Imps whose names were "Elemanzer, Pyewacket, Peckin the Crown, Grizel Greedigut, &c, which no mortal could invent."

Excerpts from the Salem Witch Trials.

I've also grown to love the book by Rosemary Weir (now sadly out of print and rare to get hold of). And to balance that with sheer outrage and indignation regarding any inferences that I picked the name coz of bloody Disney. Bell, Book and bugger OFF i say.

The rumour that a famous around the world sailing woman named her boat after me because I am such a wonderful person is almost entirely a matter of my own unique marketing skills.

my name was taken from a wuxia novel 'Legend of the Condor Heroes'. i had not read this novel but got it from a film version. sometimes you just get lucky.

'Huang Yaoshi (黄药师) – nicknamed the ‘Eastern Heretic’ (东邪), a.k.a ‘Old Heretic Huang’ (黃老邪). He was a loner who viewed himself highly and lived on his Peach Blossom Island away from the mainland. His mannerism and behavior were considered to be others as being odd and heretical in a way, thus earning him his nickname. Also, he had a strong disregard for rules and regulations of society, behaving as he wishes. Besides being a powerful martial artist, he was also a gifted expert in other fields as well, such as music and the art of laying formations.'

I chose the name Wizzy as

Well, I like to think of myself (in game not real life) as a wizard.

Nah!!! I drink a lot of beer!

when i was 8 i thort it was funny

(iv not been here a long time :))

My name comes from my favorite animal, the Red Fox, but other than that it is a truly long story.

My RL name is Miika so I just changed the last character to s, since I didn't like the idea of having my RL name in game.

MiiX (my main's name atm)... Well I think you can quess it yourself :rolleyes:

My name comes from the botanical name of the clove ( Eugenia caryophyllata )

Clove (also known as Syzygium aromaticus) is an evergreen tree 10-15 m high of the family Myrtaceae that grows wild in the Moluccas, Reunion Islands, the Antilles, Madagascar and Indonesia.

I study herbal medicine

This plant is excellent for the treatment of mouth and teeth and I love her very

Hi :w00t:

Edited by Eugenia

My name come naturally, didn't though many time to choose it. Butterfly is delicate, and strong at the same time, can die only for touching it's wings and is capable to fly between continents. It also has a sense of freedom and a sight of good envyroment (not poluted). Has links to all that's beautifull, and does not stay in one place flying around from flower to flower. Butterfly has a significance of freedom and joy. Annndd i LOVE BLUE :D . This explanation is quite extense, but when i choosed i didn't quite thought so much about it, but that was on my subconscience.

Greetings to all ;):lurker::w00t::D

Edited by BlueButterfly

bomwan

bowman is my last name and is always taken in games so i swaped the w and m around

dieyou was my fighter player but hes now a tradebot

dieyou was a play on words as tailoring had just came in to el when i made him

My RL name is Paul and my last name starts with the letter B.

Simple.

To be honest the only reason I picked PaulB was because my buddy played this game and needed a little help doing some things in-game so I made a character with my name that I could help him with and never play again.

That was almost 4 years ago :)

Hussam is my real life name. I lack 'role playing skills' so it didn't occur to me that I should have looked for a MMORPGish name.

Edited by hussam

I started playing after quesar had already chosen his name. Didn't want to be Mrs_Quesar so i figured Nova was pretty cute. Not quiet super nova cuz quesar isn't quite spelled the spacey way :)

When I joined El in September 2008 nick Pru was already taken :angry:

so I picked this one prudent but all my buddies call me Pru :wub::P

its my nick from highschool ...

Edited by prudent

I was looking out the window.  Saw the reflection of a coors light sign.  Even though i hate that beverage it stuck.