Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Horse whistles from the shop

Until the horse whistles will be available from NPC (about 2 weeks), we will sell them in the shop for $5 bucks each.

Please note that the whistle can be used only one time, and if you enter an indoor area (or an area marked as indoors), the horse will dissapear. Same will happen if you get attacked or if you attack something.

-You cannot do ranging, or harvesting while on the horse

-The speed is double the normal walk speed

-If you log off then back on you will still be on the horse

-If you change outdoor maps you will still be on the horse(but if you go inside you will not! caves included!)

-Invisibility doesn't work while on horses

-There will be other colors eventually available(most likely only from the shop though):

horses01.jpg

horses02.jpg

I don't want to be an annoyance but if you cannot even mix, while mounted, what are horses good for? Apart from rather expensive fast travelling means...

I think, that mixing should be allowed, otherwise, people can't do anything but travel fast with them.

thats the whole point of the horse.. for years people have begged and begged for horses and to be able to walk faster in this game.. now we have that opportunity.. this is an awsome addition to the game. so stop complaining

thats the whole point of the horse.. for years people have begged and begged for horses and to be able to walk faster in this game.. now we have that opportunity.. this is an awsome addition to the game. so stop complaining

No complaints included, I just merely asked. I agree that it's a nice addition to the game, I was just wondering about price/effectiveness ratio, that's all.

Until you know what the NPC will sell at, any discussion of price / effectiveness is premature. And I've already seen one application of the horse that would make it VERY worthwhile. Remember time = money - think of really slow mule paths.

I don't want to be an annoyance but if you cannot even mix, while mounted, what are horses good for? Apart from rather expensive fast travelling means...

I think, that mixing should be allowed, otherwise, people can't do anything but travel fast with them.

Yes, and the helicopters suck because you can't go underwater with them.

Im curiouse, can you put your whistle in your storage?

Yes

ok, and if you used your whistle, will you be able to use it again or will your whistle disapear so you have to buy a new one?

but thats completely different. Helicopters you can use irl to go far distances in relatively short time. In this game the gc just isnt worth it if you can only use it once, cant fight, cant mix, cant harv, cant do anything worthwhile on it other than go across maps twice as fast. For 20k (your atm $5 price) it just pretty stupid to choose them over the tele rooms which cost less than 100gc and are probably quicker to use.

just out of interest why cant you fight on them?

ok, and if you used your whistle, will you be able to use it again or will your whistle disapear so you have to buy a new one?
Single use (one horse per whistle).

but thats completely different. Helicopters you can use irl to go far distances in relatively short time. In this game the gc just isnt worth it if you can only use it once, cant fight, cant mix, cant harv, cant do anything worthwhile on it other than go across maps twice as fast. For 20k (your atm $5 price) it just pretty stupid to choose them over the tele rooms which cost less than 100gc and are probably quicker to use.

Atm they are just a posing item, which Radu can hopefully get some revenue from, we will have to wait and see the NPC price before any cost Vs usefulness can be judged

Note : When the other colour horses become available from the shop, it would be nice to see them reasonably priced (ie: 5 or 10 whistles for $5 )

IRL - you could get places more efficiently (time vs $$) than a helicopter... and yet, we still have helicopters. There is a purpose for them. Just like horses in game. Instead of complaining about a new feature that I doubt you've even tried... please be patient. Try it out, listen to how others have found it to be useful, give it some time (time being weeks not seconds after I submit this post) before commenting about how ineffective it is.

Atm they are just a posing item, which Radu can hopefully get some revenue from, we will have to wait and see the NPC price before any cost Vs usefulness can be judged

Note : When the other colour horses become available from the shop, it would be nice to see them reasonably priced (ie: 5 or 10 whistles for $5 )

maybe ill change my mind when i see the npc price but i really doubt it. Even at 10 for $5 i dont think its worth it. I love the horses, i think theyre a fantastic addition to the game, but the way they are being executed into it is just crap. If the restrictions were removed like no fighting and one use only they would be so much more useful.

Obviously that would make things like harving things that are a bit of a walk away much quicker but you could work around that such as giving the horse a certain amount of HP which it gradually loses over time. When you get off the horse the health remains still and when you get back on it, it starts to decrease again. When it gets to 0 the horse goes to the glue factory or whatever.

EDIT:

IRL - you could get places more efficiently (time vs $$) than a helicopter... and yet, we still have helicopters. There is a purpose for them. Just like horses in game. Instead of complaining about a new feature that I doubt you've even tried... please be patient. Try it out, listen to how others have found it to be useful, give it some time (time being weeks not seconds after I submit this post) before commenting about how ineffective it is.

using helicopters as an example is just stupid, especially when they are compared to a fantasy game where you can teleport from one place to another ;)

Edited by LeoI

maybe ill change my mind when i see the npc price but i really doubt it. Even at 10 for $5 i dont think its worth it. I love the horses, i think theyre a fantastic addition to the game, but the way they are being executed into it is just crap. If the restrictions were removed like no fighting and one use only they would be so much more useful.

Are they restrictions though ? Maybe fighting, ranging etc from horseback are still being programmed. We as players dont know so it is to early to judge, 6 months down the line then yes but not now, not without all the facts

but the way they are being executed into it is just crap.

You are going to take a two weeks break from the forum.

And in other news, if you don't want to use them, then don't. Pure and simple.

You are going to take a two weeks break from the forum.

And in other news, if you don't want to use them, then don't. Pure and simple.

So, to go out on a limb, is it safe to assume their main use will be posing?

(no complaints to be silenced here, I bought into the tailoring trend ;) )

Believe me, I've already seen one very good use for horses and can think of another that is profitable.

So, to go out on a limb, is it safe to assume their main use will be posing?

(no complaints to be silenced here, I bought into the tailoring trend ;) )

You can use them for whatever you want. If you want to use them for posing, use them for posing. If not, use them for other things, or don't use them at all, your choice.

thats right i forgot about the unwritten rule of not having an opinion. I probably should have said "could have been done better" instead of "crap" because i know a lot of effort went into coding them and whatnot but i was just trying to give my opinion and suggest how they could be better so sorry if it was too offensive. I do love it though how you only chose to look at the one sentence.

Believe me, I've already seen one very good use for horses and can think of another that is profitable.

Any clues? I don't really see how they can possibly be profitable (though I don't play often, admittedly).

Any clues? I don't really see how they can possibly be profitable (though I don't play often, admittedly).

you might wanna bring a horse whistle or two if you know you're bound to die in an instance. Horses allow you to rejoin the team a lot faster <3

I used one on test server today....

Had no tele rings cuz I used em all so I did a diss and horseback ride away.....Needless to say the peeps chasing me were like wtf :)

Perfectly good use Aphi :)