Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RomanHD

Idea to Reduce Server Load...

Hello EL.

I thought of this the other day.

What about having storage NPC's transfer like 5 bones/shrooms into 1 mega bone/shroom? This brings nothing to the players but reduces the server load when players are mixing. And it would of course be free for the players and easy to do.

:)

Good question.

AFAIK, now when you eat 5 bones you send 5 TCP packets, which is very different to sending 1 TCP packet.

I don't have evidence for this though. Might wanna spy on the packets one day... :)

Edited by RomanHD

Might be simplier to make it possible to eat 5 bones/shrooms with shift(whatever)+click, tho I doubt that it would reduce server load. Might just only reduce player's time to mix (which might not be such a good idea at radu's point of view).

I like this idea. Needs some work though...have you thought about what would happen if the user gets poisoned from a mega shroom?

Would it be 5x more potent? Such a thing can be a deadly killer.

I like this idea. Needs some work though...have you thought about what would happen if the user gets poisoned from a mega shroom?

Would it be 5x more potent? Such a thing can be a deadly killer.

Great point. Never thought of that one. Maybe if 2 out of those 5 originals shrooms would be poisonous, then the resulting one would be 2x more potent.

I don't like this from the point that bones/shrooms already have no cooldown, so this would make it even easier to AFK mix.

How exactly could you AFK mix with this?