Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Instance 60 to 80 testing

Conavar, I tested both the 60-80 and the 80-100 and my performance was much better in the 60-80 one, less resyncs too. Unlike the other instances it is not linear and a lot smaller.

For those who did this new instance, how were the rysncs guys/gals ?

If they have been pretty much fixed with this new instance,is there a chance that the Dragons from the pr0 instance can be replaced with a new monster(with the same stats as a dragon), so as to get rid of the rysnc causing animation they have ?

Well i had about a million RE-syncs. AND NO its not my connection or my PC.

i was playing on my new PC, AMD phenom x4 9950, 512 mb video ect ect. and i was running about about 300-400 fps when i was getting re-syncs. most occured when fighting in large groups around the new melteans...

For those who did this new instance, how were the rysncs guys/gals ?

If they have been pretty much fixed with this new instance,is there a chance that the Dragons from the pr0 instance can be replaced with a new monster(with the same stats as a dragon), so as to get rid of the rysnc causing animation they have ?

I can't really comment like kl4Uz since she (and a few others) were in the position to do more than one type of instance.

But I can say that there were some resyncs. It didn't bother me much imo and tbh I expected more of them. There were more orange spam msgs of "MagpieLee got healed because of his/her armor" then the red Resync with server msgs.

PS: I like this smiley :P

Lol @ those complaining about how long the walk is. Do you have any idea how big the 80-100 and 100-172 instances are?

I wasn't complaining in fact if it is a feature of the instance it is working well as I stated. I figured that you wanted feedback on the game play and monsters, etc. I may come at the assessment slightly different then most as I have a background in computer animation and have read on game design/theory. So in that with that I tend to notice things like visual cue's, map layout etc. as that is how I've been trained. The walking wasn't so bad for me as the missing of the entrance. The way the rocks were set up in that area it tended to blend in with the surrounding environment. Possibly once this has been played 4+ times people will have a good understanding of how the flow of the map goes, but if you are wanting people playing for the fist time to know that they should look in that ravine then you would need to adjust coloring or add a visible landmark to signify something is different. But once again if it is to be somewhat difficult to find then it is working well and I have no problem with that. that's why I added the :happy:

And no I don't know how big they are as I tested this one. But I did have a lot of fun and thought that it adds a nice aspect of team play to EL. I will play this on main server when I get a chance.

i know im late and stuff but if anyone want to try it out, im up for it, im 70's on test and have good gear and such but i will need some rostos

pm me on main server

i know this is 60-80 instance but 100-120 has been metioned few times here , i have a question will the 100-120s one be 240/2 ?

e.x. player has 100atk and 125 def will he be able to get into the 100-120s intance?

hey! i just got back in the country and would love to test out the 60-80 instance.. ill be logged on the test server for the next couple of hours if anyone wants to log on and try it.. . or leave a message here and we can try and meet up another day

Edited by jizzy

ATTENTION: due to a bug, NOONE enter the 60s to 80s instance for now! It will make you and instance monsters spawn on Isla Prima.

#Message from Narrator: Guys, we would appreciate you do not use 60-80 instance right now. There seems to be a nasty bug spawning some bosses on IP.

#Message from Narrator: Exploiting this bug will be followed by a punishment ^_^

First of all I would like to send a big THANK YOU to Radu and the guys developping this game. Second of all PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS INSTANCE. It is really worth it even though it seems to be some Rosto bin, but it's worth the fun and Radu has been really supportive in this matter. Thank you again.

Here are some experiences from my second trip to the 60/80 instance. And here goes a special Thanks to this great team we had. We were only 5 guys but we managed to get almost through by making it all through to the 4th wave which is Hill Giants, I assume from previous posts.

Here is the FANTASTIC 5, marvelous team. Guys, you were awesome.

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/S...elscreen009.png

Now, here is what we experienced:

- First of all, kill all monsters in a wave before you proceed. Rather stay in the place where they are then go wandering around. It takes too much time to find 1 or 2 left overs when you run off from the spawn before all of them are killed. On the one hand the map might look too big but it actually isn't. And I strongly recommend getting the Bloodsucker map. Let the monsters come to you (even more important after the Chim wave). The next wave will not spawn until you killed the previous one. And if you are too far out from the second wave spawn you end up chasing them or getting surrounded. We all had a mutual death at one point in the second wave because we got surrounded and basically couldn't get out.

- Second, Do not calculate your HEs/SRSs with a regular combat calculator. All of us ended up with far too many HEs and no SRS left. That's the main reason why we had to give up and couldn't complete the 4th wave. Otherwise we would have given the Giants a big hug and try. I am not sure if it would be worth taking mines etc. The monsters have an awesome HP and I think it would take truck loads to kill them by land mines or even having the mines help to take them down since the effect would be rather minimal compared to their HP.

- The instances are an absolute Team play arena. I know this has been mentioned before but it cannot be mentioned often enough. Everybody has to trust everybody. Always stay together in one group. Elect one commander (or rather 'Platoon Sergeant') who gives the orders and points out the retreats and gives orders for attack/retreat etc. Share your stuff, i.e. SRS/HE/Rostos etc to keep everybody on the team on. Meet at the end of the instance to share your profits and everybody should be honest about it. And everybody will get his/her fair share.

- The strongest players should always lead the team and be ahead of the rest to catch the mobs. Once they have been inflicted in a fight all the others should storm to help. By strongest I mean players who are really close to the limit of the instance. No single little exploring trips. Don't go on your own! You will die and even worse put the whole team in danger. Especially when it gets dark/night you will not be able to see the mobs until they actually attack. Very! dangerous. (At least with my basic rationality!)

- Make sure you have 3 hours of time to play constantly. Your team relies on you and it can take the trip down if somebody has too leave all of a sudden (Thanks to my wife, I didn't have too, but I missed supper)

- Always take your best gear (I am not sure but I would leave dragon gear where it's at. Or it's just me who is not ready to loose it or have it damaged)

- The best weapons (thermals) apparently help a lot.

- The higher your Coords the better. My coords are at 47 and I didn't get hit very much compared to the others. This doesn't mean that you should get your coords up to 48 while being a/d 60 or so. I don't think this instance is a good training place for a/d but a serious fun place.

- If you don't have the NMT perk take the cape. Otherwise you might have to take some serious damage on your armour. I made 67k Att XP in a little bit over an hour and 4!!! def XP. I think, this tells something about the strength of the mobs.

- Take like 100 to 120 SRS and the rest in HEs depending on your EMU. Mobs drop more HEs than SRSs. In fact at one point we had to leave mobs drop bags behind because nobody was able to carry it.

- The waiting time from having been in the instance and entering the next one is 180 Hours!!! i.e. almost a week!!. If you use a serpent stone it reduces the waiting time by 50 HOURS!!. Only an invasion token (20k gc) will give you instant access again.

And last not least again my special thanks to Radu for making this happen. Even though I am going to be out of this instance soon and probably joining the next higher one as the arsendcharlie I still heavily recommend this instance.

I felt rather sorry to leave him all by himself:

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/S...elscreen011.png

Edited by SleepyJo

Nicely done guys :~) Wish I could have joined you today...

SleepyJo, great summary, it will be very useful for reference in the future.

Out of curiosity did anyone bring a bow? And did you get any arrow drops? Would recommend bringing a few keys in case you do become overloaded? I've always used ~30 SRs per 100 HE(personally that's what works), with what you got from drops I can imagine that skews it a bit.

Was there anything you brought in that you just ended up not needing at all? I had a few items on the TS that I just never got around to using at all, i.e. LE.

Sounds like a great time, I look forward to finding my way in there sometime soon :~)

~bug

I agree with Sleepyjo, Radu the instance is fantistic. So plz keep it in.

Also i found that altho we only had 5 ppl and got to wave 4, you realy need to go in with the max number of ppl.

Team work is a must and all the guys done a great job working together. So a big ty to all of them.

Working on each wave, you realy need to try and take then out one by one if at all pos, altho like sleepyjo said as soon as we killed last mob in 1st wave we got surounded stright away by 2nd wave, So its realy important to try and stick together, this way u stand a better chance of survivining the mobs as they spawn in. and like we did dis from them and run to regroup.

HES & SRS well if u can get more srs in by taking in yr stuff by mule the extra 10% u get for mule could be taken up by srs but im not too sure if the drops we got is what u always get as we seemed to get lots of hes but hardly any srs. We all got our stuff in by mule and put it into a hyder bag so we could restock as needed this worked very well.

here is the 3rd wave http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii85/br...screen009-1.png

So a big ty to all who came into the instance was fun and will be gl to go in again with you all. :(

Yes,it was really great fun,thanks to all you who were there...

maybe the lack of mana was made by the fasting day a bit,we were there for about 2 hours,and we didn't regain it,so it is 120 more mana for everyone there... that is 6 SRs,which might make us able to try the giants

Desert chims were easy,noone died,the second wave Melteans took about 10 rostos from us,once we all died when they spwned and we were surrounded,and then there were a few accidents when some of us were out of mana and run into another one of these almost invisible monsters...,

Scrarbas in the third wave had a lot of hp,but we lost noone on them...

A screen of us fighting Meltean

to bugabear: none of us took a bow, maybe that the weakest one of all should take one.We got there 105 magic arrows and had no use for them... so if the weakest had to flee and regain mana,he could shoot the monsters and keep helping

On the behalf of NDD day, Suncie gathered a party of 9 brave warriors, who attempted to conqer the instance. It was fun, so great thanks to all developers for this opportunity to vent aggression out of our swords. We almost got through the third wave, but last Scarba survived with no more than 2000hp, but supplies were completely exhausted and 7 of 9 were slain, so no success this time, but next time, we will be better prepared.

Oh yes,so we went again,as Khalai wrote,on the no drop day.

Our party was: Suncie, Colej, zathras, Eternity, SleepyDragon, Khalai, birdcamp, Aranka and jajohn

because of the no drop day,not a lot people took rosto,and I think that none of us had more then one.

One more think: I was the only one who muled ther and made a hyperbag.... pity I think,but not the think that got us.

First wave: 40x Feros. that was easy,everyone was fighting well and we got them down pretty quickly

Second wave: 25x Meltean. These bastards are just pretty hard to kick,we lost more then a half of the team on them-due to restore fails,lags or Zathras, Colej, Aranka, Eternity and SleepyDragon didn't survive them

Third wave:2x Scarba.Well,this was pretty thought. We had to kill them in four, which wasn't easy. they sticked together pretty long and didn't go out,so we went in for them.It looked good then,we hurt both of them pretty well(about half their hp) but then Khalai got lag and died.WE almost killed one of them,but then Suncie died,too,damn bad luck...

first Scarba was killed and the second had 4.5 khp,so I and birdcamp decided to tickle him a little before leaving because we didn't have a lot of HEs and SRs.we got him down to 2khp,which was unawaited,but then we were out of suppliles and we teleported out.

maybe if more of us muled there we would kill the second scarba,but we wouldn't get any further in the 2 person team anyway.

it was still great fun,and even thou I had to spend 3 serpents to go and got no drops back it was worth it.

Looking forward to going there again

screen1

screen2

screen3

screen4

any1 wna do this instance 2night? 2-3 hours or so?

I think I still have to wait until tomorrow night for my 180hrs countdown.

I will be on at 8:30/9pm (GMT+1) ready to go. Just PM me. I'll be idling in MM sto.

Cruella iirc the 3 instances have diffrent times for going back in

60-80 is 180 hours

80-100 is 160 hours

100+ is 150 hours

But im sure if im wrong some one will correct me

Edit typos

Edited by bromber