Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
move_buster

Experience Boosters

Hey this is an idea for the item mall or what ever its called on the EL site.

The heading pretty much says it all but you could have these item boosters which add an extra 10-25% bonus experience that you get and this works pretty much the way the gods work except its for those who like to get what they want fast and spend money.

This of course wouldnt be HEAPS noticable in your stats strait away but like the gods in the long run it can pay off.

You could have:

bronze xp boosters - 5% extra xp

silver xp boosters - 10% extra xp

gold xp boosters - 25% extra xp

maybe even a platnium booster - 45-50% extra xp

the list could go on depending on how high you want the boosters to go possibly even 200%

also if you want to split it up more you could make the boosters limited to a single level e.g.

silver attack xp booster - 10% extra xp only for the attack skill

there could also be xp booster packs for bulk buyers e.g.

XP booster pack 1. includes - 3 bronze xp boosters, 1 silver and 1 gold xp boosters

maybe you could even make this an engineering item, obviously for very high engineering levels.

For the picture of the item it could just look like the nexus removal stones (the bronze boostes being bronze, silver being silver etc)

Hope you like the idea.

Sorry for the spelling if there is any :D

Hope you like the idea.

Not at all.

What about they just sell some levels in EL Shop. Like:

Level Cash*

1-50 $5

51-75 $7

76-90 $10

91-100 $15

101-120 $25

121-150 $50

151-178 $100

* - price per level

Hope you like the idea. :D

Level Cash*

1-50 $5

51-75 $7

76-90 $10

91-100 $15

101-120 $25

121-150 $50

151-178 $100

* - price per level

Hope you like the idea. :)

*starts to write x-mas begging wish list of $100 for lvl 151 a/d*

btw of all the suggestions i've ever read, this one has got to be the funniest of them all, fcuk playing the game and earning your levels , just pay your way to the top .......... oh wait , thats not funny at all , that called character buying :D

Level Cash*

1-50 $5

51-75 $7

76-90 $10

91-100 $15

101-120 $25

121-150 $50

151-178 $100

* - price per level

*starts to write x-mas begging wish list of $100 for lvl 151 a/d*

btw of all the suggestions i've ever read, this one has got to be the funniest of them all, fcuk playing the game and earning your levels , just pay your way to the top .......... oh wait , thats not funny at all , that called character buying :D

You totally misunderstood me :'( Level 151 would cost $100 only if you are already at level 150.

On the other hand the proposed prices could be tweaked, like divided by 10 or something.

You totally misunderstood me :'(

shit, not again

Level 151 would cost $100 only if you are already at level 150

On the other hand the proposed prices could be tweaked, like divided by 10 or something.

yep thats a much better idea, in fact to save everyone some time and money why not do it like this :

lvl 25 is FREE

lvl 100 is FREE + 12 cents handling charge

lvl 175 is $2

plus if you go straight for the 175 lvl you get a years supply of cake, handbaked by all the fools who were unlucky enough to play the game before you could buy your levels

Also, there could be the Ubber Expansion Lifetime Leap of Faith Pr0 Package which is $5 and you get all of the above plus God status in the game plus FREE banning ability ........

No ?

So, not only is this suggestion foolish, but did you ever think of what the godless perk does? oh wow ill nuy a gold booster and get the 8PPs + the 20% i always wanted go me!!1~; Also Gods ingame are natural enemy's so how would this work with them? you cant have the att god if u want to have the def god.. oh my.

and Ateh/Iori if u give me hugs i will buy u both lvl 178 in all skills ok :D:)

Just give Entropy money and he will tell everyone via a global message that you are 150 a/d and that people shouldn't mess with you.

Then he'll red tag you just so everyone knows how dangerous you are.

In another game where there is also things called instances, they have "rested" xp (2x xp). This works when you log out of the game at an inn/tavern, the longer your logged out for the longer the "rested" xp is available to you. (it runs out after a period then goes back to normal xp)

In my opinion this works great because people who cant play 24/7 can at least compete xp wise with those that do play 24/7. This allows people with RL stuff to do feel like they can be competative.

They also got a lvl cap in the game too so when its reached the focus is on working in groups to complete tasks and not on lvling individualy.

Mindlessly grinding trying to reach the unreachable is fun or an obsession? i wonder if the latter is the reason why people get precious (sic?) about thier lvls being overtaken.

Just give Entropy money and he will tell everyone via a global message that you are 150 a/d and that people shouldn't mess with you.

Then he'll red tag you just so everyone knows how dangerous you are.

Damn i don't have a paypal account :)

so who has $2440 to get to 150?

or $5140 to get 178?

That castle will be built in no time :)

Hope you like the idea.

Not at all.

What about they just sell some levels in EL Shop. Like:

Level Cash*

1-50 $5

51-75 $7

76-90 $10

91-100 $15

101-120 $25

121-150 $50

151-178 $100

* - price per level

I'll take two. Also, how much to add some dragons to my kill counters?

Edited by DinkyDee

Great idea to raise money, a small percentage wont disrupt the game too much anyway... Just price them so that using for example better armor to boost experience (TS) is about as expensive.

Percentage: 0-25% at increasing cost. (or perhaps just 10%, nice motivator to train)

Duration: Like one hour, with a cooldown of perhaps 6 hours.

Cost: Enough so that people will buy the items, but not so cheap that everyone will be using them.

I don't see why all the reply have to be so damn negative...

Note: I don't turn $ into GC or items or whatever.

Edited by ProHibited

I don't see why all the reply have to be so damn negative...

Because buying your levels in an online MMO is shit ?

Iori why dont you like this idea?

"Because buying your levels in an online MMO is shit ?"

My suggestion never had the intention that you just buy levels, that just states that the people with most money win. With xp boosters u stil have to train for experience and boosters just give you the % more on to what u make while the booster is in use.

"but did you ever think of what the godless perk does"

You could just make it so people who are godless cant use these items.

"Also Gods ingame are natural enemy's so how would this work with them?"

Splitting the boosters up skill wise was only a suggestion my first idea was to have a booster count for All skills

Edited by move_buster

My suggestion never had the intention that you just buy levels, that just states that the people with most money win. With xp boosters u stil have to train for experience and boosters just give you the % more on to what u make while the booster is in use.

The outcome is the same.

The rich get to level X in 3 months but for the poor it's 6 months for the same level...

The outcome is not the same. Someone with lots of money could get a character and buy him 70 lvls and he would have never logged onto EL in his life wearas with the boosters you have to still work for your levels. The only same thing is that the more money u have to spend the more lvls ur going to get.

Well then they should get rid of the online store on the EL site because that give you things that people with not much money wouldnt be able to get like with special weapons and tonnes of rostos that free players would normaly never dream of having. Isnt the idea behind having an online store to benefit the people with money ingame?

Edited by move_buster

lol

I have bought things from the shop. Rostos, thermal, enriched essies. I see it as a donation to the enablers of the game, and yes, indeed, it gives me some stuff that I wouldn't have as easily, were I depending on making them myself (if even possible at all). But seriously, the influence of shopbuying is overrated. I would have to spend hundreds of euros each month to have such a substantial benefit from it that it would create an unfair advantage for me.

Seriously tho, experience booster, no matter how you imagine it, would be a big no no. You can influence the xp you get with your attribute build, using schools, benefit from the special days.. isn't that what makes it fun? In the end.. even though I may sometimes buy myself a little help, I do put in all the hours of hard work, and I have earnt every single level I have made.

Current situation:

(1) Special days giving extra experience. (a bit off-balanced with one day for all skills, one for harvest, one for a/d, none specifically for other skills, but that's not the topic here.)

* Rare, but benefit everyone giving noone an advantage over others.

(2) Schools giving double experience or some ease in increasing skills like summoning.

* Ings are lost due to no product, making them costly.

(3) Gods giving 20% extra experience in up to 3 skills, which can be changed.

* Require careful planning due to enemies. Available to everyone so noone has an advantage over others because of them. (Godless types don't count because they chose to be godless.)

One of the big points in EL is to earn your levels. People have worked long and hard to reach their levels, making it easier would be a slap in the face to them. Yes, the above 3 things do help a bit, but their end result is only minor benefit. I don't see any game benefit in making any skill "faster" to level any more so than is already provided.

(Yes, I suggested a Jack of all Trades Day, but the primary purpose of that was to encourage expanding gameplay, not faster leveling. I'm against anything that's added solely for the purpose of faster leveling, short of adding the currently missing gods/goddesses, as it would ruin gameplay in the end.)

the hard thing is just when you wanna have something like this to be equal for the casual player and the.. well the ppl

that spend more time/money into this game so both sides have something out of it.

And thats the point, okay you can say in theory everyone could do it, but in practice its just the other way around.

Some ppl put the afford and money into the game, and some just the afford. it just needs to be a fair opportunity for both

sides. and starting making it only be able for those who are willing to spend money into here allready lets this idea fail.

while on the other side if it would be buyable ingame for something, it would also imbalance the current

lvl economy imo.

thats why i think its a bad idea