Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
humanalien

mining quest

i had some idea about maybe a npc like kelcha but instead of leather for buying pickaxes:

this could be a dwarf most likely (they are experts in mining).

hower how hard the quest then should be im not sure but it definitle must be too easy and can be preceeded by some other quest the gives exp for harvesting orso.

if this must be a hard one the npc should be at irrilion.

Edited by humanalien

Adding a new quest would be cool, especially if it consists interesting tasks and riddles.

However, the expected reward of pickaxes does not sound interesting, since pickaxes are no item that is used in large bulks such as leather or wine. What if the completion of the quest would boost the experience for some time? Like allowing to get Xp for the first 150 harvests (not 120) for the next 20 days or so...

I believe (if you search) quest are being looked into

There just is not enough people to code or program these quest.

Pickaxes arent too bad priced in my opinion.

I believe (if you search) quest are being looked into

There just is not enough people to code or program these quest.

Pickaxes arent too bad priced in my opinion.

Uhm... is it so painful to add a quest? So let's think about a scripting parser that allow people to write quest easily. The scripting engine have to be written just one time, and the advantages will last forever :P The idea is to keep it simple, so someting with tag like html for example, or something with no tag but easy like python.

The one that write down the quest should not specify any coords, they should be choosed by a game admin, the thing to make are dialogs, requirements etc.

If it is not possible to implement a quest parser, it would be handy to have some documentation on how the actual quests works in order to allow skilled people to send new quest that need only to be revised and tested by the project administrator.

While some more quests, which have been suggested in other threads, would be welcome, I'm not seeing the point of this one.

Pickaxes are being compared to leather here. However, leather is a mass-use item (3 per helm), whereas pickaxes are cheap as they are and only need replacing on breakage.

With over 6 months of play here, I've spent less than 5kgc on pickaxes total. A very small drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of the game.

At any rate, it would seem like a lot of work to do a quest for something that in the end is a very small-cost item.

Be patient on the quest front. Hopefully, you'll see more ingame soon.

And as for this idea in general.. lame :) Leave it up to the quest writers to think of who/what/where/when/why/and reward, they are better at it :)

Be patient on the quest front. Hopefully, you'll see more ingame soon.

And as for this idea in general.. lame :) Leave it up to the quest writers to think of who/what/where/when/why/and reward, they are better at it :)

No offence to those who made them, but the ones that actually are in game are pretty sucky and really boring to do.

I dont even know how to explain properly how bad they are, especially the first ones. Like going through the biggest map in the game just to click on some taverns is so pointless and takes so long.

And then theres killing 25(?) rabbits and beavers for skins... again pointless, long and boring.

But the god quests i find the most frustrating to do. I actually do like most of the stories the NPC's give you and enjoy reading them, but the stories arent really enough, because then your just going off to buy items to give to the npc. Very unenjoyable to do.

I know yous are most likely going to hate this reference, but look at the way games like runescape do their quests. There are special features, items, NPC's, places and other stuff just for the quests. I've always found good quality quests one of the best features of any game. They give it a storyline, they're fun to do and they give you a break from hours of level grinding as something else in the game to do.

Personally i think it gives new players a bad idea about the game when the first play it and do the quests.

Again, sorry if i offended and of the quest people.

Edited by LeoI

Ever think that maybe the good quality quests have been waiting to be coded?

Like I said, be patient. The quest team has been very patient, so you should be too.