Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

80 - 100 instance available for testing.

tested it again today, with just a group of 5 people. the drops on the imps were improved and helpfull along the way, thanks to quite a few summons we were able to end the instance with over 2 hours left. Note that most of us were negged really badly though, so on main, with just the regular builds we have you would absolutely need more time. We showed some great teamwork though.. I think that's of the biggest essence, no matter which instance you do.

Great fun, Radu, thanks so much for doing this!

Tested it again, this time no problems whatsoever with a map. It was big fun, we have done well and finished the instance. We've got 2 bronze swords as special drops. The hardest part was .... to get enough people to test :confused: Thanks everyone for playing and for great teamwork! I hope we'll do that on the main server soon again!

Ok, the instance has been updated, added the drops and changed the stats a little.

We did today also. Had no problems (except syncs :/ ) and got a Red Dragon Helmet of Life and Mana, and 30kish gcs. Was great fun ;)

Thanks to dills, senz, soul, wolfie <3 :confused:

<3 btw, lst mob my giants savd you to get tht helm :>, was a good instance tho with small group i wanna do pr0 invasion on main but every one is to afraid :pickaxe:

The TS trick doesn't work. Not sure if you can go, you might be able to, depending on how the stuff is rounded.

nope, you can't TS. Bummer eh? :rolleyes:

I'm kinda bummed out that with all the efforts I made in testing the instance, I'm 2 a/d levels over being able to get in, but oh well.. guess I better get training and stocking up on rostos to tag along and mule for the big boys :icon13:

You could also put the new files in C:\Documents and Settings\$USERNAME\My Documents\Eternal Lands\updates\1_7_0\maps

The folder is owned by the user so Windows shouldn't complain about files being modified.

The client uses files in the update folder over the ones it finds in the 'normal' EL folder (where you installed the game).

The path you described looks like XP not Vista. In my \Username\AppData directory there is no Eternal Lands subdirectory.

Hmm, could it be because that path is NOT AppData but MY Documents?

Indeed it's in the "Documents" folder (C:\Users\kl4Uz\Documents\Eternal Lands). A "My Documents" folder doesn't exist, but maybe that's because I use a German version of Vista (yet "Users" and "Documents" isn't very German)? Anyways, my mistake.

To stay on topic: What I've heard so far sounds amazing and I can't wait to try it.

I had polish Vista, and directories 'users' and 'documents' existed there. Just the shortcuts and icons in 'computer' were translated, not the directories itself.

But back to the topic, there's one more thing i'd like to suggest... while we were fighting in the 80-100 instance, the distance between places of each monster waves were quite long, and quite... boring. So I thought that there could be some extra monsters down, in the canions...

Regular mobs, not counted in the waves, with poor drops (some supplies? he/sr?), could be gargs, trolls, ogres and orcs... whatever. Just in quite large amounts. We can fight them, and loose time, or just try to get through, of course killing them all wouldnt be required to finish the instance.

We've just finished the instance on the main server and I think there was a small bug at the 4th wave because we didn't have any monsters.

The counter said that there were 0 monsters left for a few moment after the 3rd wave and then it said that there were 2 monsters left which were the 2 orcs of the end.

We also had a lot of resyncs because of monsters that were having too much actions to handle.

Out of that, all went pretty well, we lost a few rostos but we had great fun! :D

A big thanks to all my teammates: CaTHuga, Cyberwulf, LightLan, Me_Ow, rauch and WolfWitch. :D