Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chr0nik

Kusamura Jungle

Have you ever afk harvested iron? It's so low on the harvesting requirement that it takes no time. You can't afk mapwalk/map change. Not w/o doing some illegal stuff. I have seen trainers & hunters in Kusa. Hunters for Leo and trainers on pandas, panthers and lions. Spend much time in Kusa, Groomsh? As one of the titanium cave mascots, I do. Not just in the cave. I've explored Kusa's secrets. Fought in the PK map. Harvested iron, silver, coal, yew, poison ivy. Fought creatures then hit the fast heal spot for a few.

Yes, i afk harvest iron often and i have no problem with afk mapwalking - nothing difficult, just click on map and while walking switch to other window.

Kusamura was great for it, because you: mapwalked (no attention needed) - started harvesting - clicked few times

That means, you need only 3 short moments for one trip and that's what i call AFK harvesting (not just click to harvest and switch to other window). I guess this was the reason why Roja thinks it's too convenient and a cheat.

Btw the question about trainers was to point out that the shortcut was not made for harvesters :)

The question about time spent in Kusamura was to show how "bad" is the Lenny threat (he attacked me there only twice and i spent there lots of hours).

Yes, i afk harvest iron often and i have no problem with afk mapwalking - nothing difficult, just click on map and while walking switch to other window.

Kusamura was great for it, because you: mapwalked (no attention needed) - started harvesting - clicked few times

That means, you need only 3 short moments for one trip and that's what i call AFK harvesting (not just click to harvest and switch to other window). I guess this was the reason why Roja thinks it's too convenient and a cheat.

So, how is that different from harving in CC? Or is the Magic Map Fairy responsible for creating DP at random as well?

Roja, good ole' Trassian that everyone knows and uses is faster than Kusa was (after moving silveer further south), despite of more map changes (which is actually not true if you use Isca sto, not Glac). So much for secrets :). My guess is that those who were using Kusa simply liked it because it was less crowded than Trassian cave and because there was always that thrill of Leo coming at night ;-) Plus perhaps they just liked to row a boat rather than map change :)

Are you always so eager to upset folks? I've read alot of your posts, and it seems you are.

I have no idea what''s upsetting in my quote above, sorry. Care to explain?

Shit like this happens in any team or organization that has enough people, not everyone is going to know everything others are doing, especially if it is done in a sneaky way.

Maybe a game has grown to a stage where a proper documentation and change control processes are required? Just some food for thought - as invis shy rat case on the pk server showed, not knowing can have severe consequences. Same for map changes - it would be much easier and safer if these were based on measurable factors, not on subjective and incomplete knowledge.

Closing this now. We have already stated multiple times the how's and why's and what will happen and why...Selective reading ftw :)

Maybe a game has grown to a stage where a proper documentation and change control processes are required? Just some food for thought - as invis shy rat case on the pk server showed, not knowing can have severe consequences. Same for map changes - it would be much easier and safer if these were based on measurable factors, not on subjective and incomplete knowledge.

I still think you don't get it.

People ARE supposed to ask us for things like that, but they don't. What do you want me to do, except for not trusting thsoe people in the future with anything?