Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Instances, first public test

you prolly allready thought of this Ent but would it be a good idea to set a maximum time limit someone could be logged OUT of an instance?

my example is : someone joines a group to go fighting, and has to log out unexpectadly. They are gone for hours ( possible days ) , would this mean nobody else is allowed to go into the map until they log back in and exit it ?

Last I knew, there was a time limit of 200 minutes for an instance, after which the instance is destroyed (i.e., you loose by not completing the instance in time). While Ent will probably adjust the timeout after further tests, the mechanism is there already; instances will not be locked indefinitely by absentee players.

you prolly allready thought of this Ent but would it be a good idea to set a maximum time limit someone could be logged OUT of an instance?

my example is : someone joines a group to go fighting, and has to log out unexpectadly. They are gone for hours ( possible days ) , would this mean nobody else is allowed to go into the map until they log back in and exit it ?

If no one is logged in, the instance will automatically end.

It would be easy to abuse though. If someone goes in as a mule (got a lot of stuff with him) and logs off he doesn't need to run for monsters and other players can just IM him to relog when it is safe to give some items when the party is running low on items.

That's not considered abuse, it is considered strategy.

I have no problem with that :)

Would hyperbags work, or is everything "whiped" when an instance end?

Edited by Walt-Her

Would hyperbags work, or is everything "whiped" when an instance end?

Will Hyperbags be that usefull though ?

Since the instance maybe will have an Min number of players allowed in at once, unless you find the same amount of like minded people to place hyperbags, you might aswell just carry the Inv for the group.

Now in theory a group of 5 (depending on the min number allowed) could all enter and place hyperbags for guildies/friends who follow or for themselves, but since atm (according to the NPC) you will only be allowed in the instance once per 6 RL days is it really going to be worth the hassle just to try and beat the instance ?

Myself I will just be going for the fun

If, and a big IF, i will be able to go in it will be for fun ofcourse, but like i hear here the EMU is the biggist enemy it migth be usefull/tactfull to place them, so you might have a bigger chance to finish it.

Afterall we all will go in to try and finish it and not just as a costly gc drain :)

Hyperspace bags will be unreliable, because there are 4 maps for the instance, and you can't know for sure which of the maps you'll end up in.

Ok, I think I finished the Pr0 instance, it is on the test server.

Please test to see if everything works, including if you meet all the requirements to go in the instance and if you can come back or not before like 100 hours pass.

1. This instance is the hardest one, 100 a/d will be the lower boundry, but it is meant for people around 110 a/d and higher.

i say at least 120 - 30 giants to start with is fine if you have enough supplies, wave 2 is supposed to restock you a bit... but how does a monster with mirror perk 800 hp that can hit you and drops 10 he sometimes restock ? - maybe lower a bit gc drop but make it more he/sr ^^

Yesterday we went in with 7 people. That dropped to 5 in the first hour. We got to the third wave, which was BDs. We all ran out of supplies with 5 BDs to go. I don't think we could have finished it even if we had 8 people for the whole thing. Other things I noted:

I had a lot fewer resyncs, even with more people in the map this time.

We had a tab map this time, which made team coordination a lot easier.

I like the map layout, with a rather linear progression along a path that has a start at one end and an exit at the other.

We had 240 minutes to complete this one, which is plenty of time for the size of the map.

I think I'd find it even more fun if the map was smaller and we had 180 minutes to finish it. It's a long wait/walk when some of the team dies and you want to regroup. Plus some people might find it hard setting aside 4 hours with no break to finish an instance. If the map was smaller, players would spend more time fighting and less time walking/waiting.

If storage isn't allowed for some reason, I wonder if a specialized NPC that sold just a few focused items (like HEs and SRs for example) might be workable.

Alternatively, are there any harvestables on the map? What if a few key harvestables were available so that given a couple picks and a vial mold the team could re-stock its HEs/SRs supplyf?

If storage isn't allowed for some reason, I wonder if a specialized NPC that sold just a few focused items (like HEs and SRs for example) might be workable.

Alternatively, are there any harvestables on the map? What if a few key harvestables were available so that given a couple picks and a vial mold the team could re-stock its HEs/SRs supplyf?

Looking at the weight of food it would be heavier to carry food inside than bringing finished goods inside (well for most items).

Edited by Cycloonx

our team finished that without any problems (well resyncs were problem but thats not the topic). We are way stronger on test serwer(better stuff, perks) and we had strong team, so it was too easy even. It shouldn't be too hard on main as well. We should give that a try. Storage is VERY bad idea in my opinion. If you can't finish that maybe your team is too weak ?

Edited by Jaclaw