Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Instances, first public test

For this test, we need about 5-10 bad ass fighters, over level 100 a/d and all geared up for hard battle.

Here are the instructions:

Download http://www.eternal-lands.com/instance_ice.zip

Unzip that in your maps folder!

Go on the test server, near Manole (WS Docks)

There is another NPC, called Ilie.

Before talking to the NPC, talk with the other players and decide which players you want to join to form a group.

Once you decided that, join a common channel (must be over 1000).

After you all joined that channel, one player can talk to the NPC and chose to go in the instance, then everyone from that group will go.

Remember to bring rostos with you, the more the better. If you die with a rostogol, you will respawn at the beginning of the instance.

There are 5 waves of monsters, each one spawning shortly after the current wave monsters are killed.

There is a new command, called #ii (instance info)

If you beat the last wave, all those still standing in the isntance will get a prize on the main server (but only those who fought).

GLHF!

P.S. This is an "alpha" test, the NPC is not finished, the monsters might need some adjustments, no special prizes added yet.

Ok, there were a few problems and the test couldn't be completed, sorry for that.

There was also a larger turnaround than I expected, so there won't be prizes for the time being, but by helping you will get the instances on the main server faster, and also get to know the maps better.

Ok, I added some fixes, you guys an try again. Prefferably in groups of 8 or so, please do NOT go solo in an instance, because you will keep it busy for everyone else.

Ok, my opinion, i had a lot of fun, but

-map is way too big. It'd be better if we just had small close area or just few arenas with monsters. Give us some teleports at the beginning of the map at least plx :P

-9 black dragons and 4 ice dragons are a bit too much....there were just 3 of us there, but we couldn't even kill one of them and we had best stuff (dragon armors/thermal/mirror) i doubt many people will use such stuff on main. Maybe we should just limit party to like 4 players and cut monsters numbers a half. I'll try to get some strong people on test server to try that again. Other idea would be to more than one kind of monster in wave...like one dragon (or jegos :P) and some AC or chickens.

- hmm and last one, it was fun :D

Yes Really fun, but when i first tried 40 acw's was too much :P at least the big map was used to advantage in tht sort..

but like jaclaw said the map is just to huge would be nice if we had a few teleportals there to travel across the map ..

and tht cave was just so mean i was looking for the cockatrices and i ended up in IP lol

but in overall was really fun and funyn cause in 2 giants we got 2 warlocks cape :P

9 black dragons and 4 ice dragons are a bit too much
40 acw's was too much

I haven't gotten over to the test server to check out the instances for myself as yet, so i'm just wondering; is this the amount and type of monsters that are on the map initially? or did you guys work your way up to this after killing hordes of less devastating critters?

I had lots of fun using arrows :P as usual, I did lots of damage to the monsters, but ended up wasting all ammo. I hope there would be bags spawning in random locations after each wave with (or monsters dropping) equipment, like he/srs and arrows, maybe essies. that would rock :P

Edit: typos

Edited by DHT

40 acw's was too much

I haven't gotten over to the test server to check out the instances for myself as yet, so i'm just wondering; is this the amount and type of monsters that are on the map initially? or did you guys work your way up to this after killing hordes of less devastating critters?

one wave at time

Edited by Jaclaw

40 acw's was too much

Since over 100 a/d is a large spread to balance the map for ( whats hard for 10 100 a/d's might be a walk in the park for the top 10 ). Would it be possible to have the waves auto adjust to the party's CL level ? Removing or adding monsters etc as needed

Edited by conavar

Since over 100 a/d is a large spread to balance the map for ( whats hard for 10 100 a/d's might be a walk in the park for the top 10 ). Would it be possible to have the waves auto adjust to the party's CL level ? Removing or adding monsters etc as needed

That would be pr0 so also lower lvl people would be able to go there :P

Jaclaw, Smurf, Hex, Senzon, bugabear worked together last night. We started with giants, then had 60 trices, then 3 jegos, 8 BDs (which radu killed so we could get to last wave) and then 5 ice dragons. I recall radu saying up to 8 people could enter an instance. Without a tab map it was quite difficult getting around, due to some large circular "hallways." Something that occurred to me was that with those monsters, even if 8 players participated, I would have run out of supplies before finishing the last wave. With 960 EMU, that makes for a tough instance. I enjoy the risk of taking on high-end baddies, but I'd be disappointed if the difficulty made even 960 EMU insufficient.

Then it would be easy to "cheat". Go in with lots of 100/100 a/d people and 1 with 140/140 a/d and the monsters will be killed easily by the strongest person.

Jaclaw, Smurf, Hex, Senzon, bugabear worked together last night. We started with giants, then had 60 trices, then 3 jegos, 8 BDs (which radu killed so we could get to last wave) and then 5 ice dragons. I recall radu saying up to 8 people could enter an instance. Without a tab map it was quite difficult getting around, due to some large circular "hallways." Something that occurred to me was that with those monsters, even if 8 players participated, I would have run out of supplies before finishing the last wave. With 960 EMU, that makes for a tough instance. I enjoy the risk of taking on high-end baddies, but I'd be disappointed if the difficulty made even 960 EMU insufficient.

Nice forgetting about Halosmee. :P

But yer I had fun too, although the monsters seemed a bit too much for the resources one can carry.

Edited by SquE

If EMU is an issue (which it seems to be)..why not add a merchant NPC of some sort selling HE/sr ar market prices...

Or halfway through the monsters, one is allowed one trip to a storager NPC located on the map. Just some ideas :P

For those asking to make the instance easier, there will be other instances with different level variants as far as I understand.

Also, instances aren't meant to be super easy, right? I mean, it's supposed to be a challenge that takes real teamwork, with yes, failing at completing it at times too.

If EMU is an issue (which it seems to be)..why not add a merchant NPC of some sort selling HE/sr ar market prices...

Or halfway through the monsters, one is allowed one trip to a storager NPC located on the map. Just some ideas :P

Be a bad idea IMO but thats just me :P

I admit I agree with Ace, Teamwork should be used to help with the EMU problem.

If there's a team of 8 , why not agree to have one of them as a carrier for extra he's/srs etc, if agreed before hand that he will still get a share of the pot, then cant see a problem

or maybe Mages will come into their own as Remote healers for the party

I admit I agree with Ace, Teamwork should be used to help with the EMU problem.
One quick question: are these "waves" invasion critters? That is, does MM work in the instance?

If so, then it would be very possible for a mule (figurative or literally) to join the party to carry the extra supplies needed. That would actually give the mule polymorph an interesting usage beyond simply hauling a bit more silver ore to storage.

1. This instance is the hardest one, 100 a/d will be the lower boundry, but it is meant for people around 110 a/d and higher.

2. This is meant for teamwork. And GOOD team work.

3. The critters are not final, I am testing them.

4. There will be good prizes.

5. No one forces you to go there.

6. If the map is big, get horses and scouts.

What happens if you get Dc'ed from the server ?

Are you removed from the Instance with no way back, Sent to the start again or removed but with a time limit to rejoin ? (either of the last two be nice for those with dodgy nets)

note: one thing I do like is the time limit allowed between visits, should make for a fair rotation system and give everyone a fair crack at it

Edited by conavar

While I was in the instance yesterday I signed off and back in 10min later and was still in the instance with everyone. And still in the same area I was when I logged off. From my understanding the instance will continue until the last person has left the map then it will reset.

I went in with just supplies and ended up doing some ranging, can't say I was a huge help but I was able to scout and still be a part of it. The map was huge so you really need people scouting/tracking in addition to the fighting I think.

~bug

While I was in the instance yesterday I signed off and back in 10min later and was still in the instance with everyone. And still in the same area I was when I logged off.

If thats how it works, then great :medieval: