Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vangnoz

Hyperspace Bag Spell

So, the idea came to me the other day after using over 50 skull/skeleton keys for a essie project that it would benice to have a spell with the same effect.

Details: So there would be a Lock the Bag (with a better name of course) using essies and the Temporary, Remove and Matter sigils and the Unlock the Bag using the Permanent, Restore, and Matter sigils.

Like I said before, it would require a lot of essies to counterbalance the cost of the keys. Magic level would need to be fairly high (40s or 50s)

Benefits:

For me, spending a lot of GC on keys is bad, but I need the hyperspace bags, so getting some alch exp would be better

Again, you would get magic exp from the spell itself

Drawbacks:

Weight of the essies would certainly be a drawback as would using the mana for the spell

Well, there it is, I just thought I'd just pass this idea along.

-Vang

spending a lot of GC on keys is bad

I think ent disagrees

I have no idea why you would think Ent didn't like this idea :S

that sucks, cause this is a really great idea. for those who make their own essies it may cost less, but for those who buy em, money will still be moving around in game and all ;)

that sucks, cause this is a really great idea. for those who make their own essies it may cost less, but for those who buy em, money will still be moving around in game and all ;)

I'd say thats the reason why it isn't makeable with essences. GC needs to move out of the economy. Its like wine/mead/leather..etc

Edited by GerbilD

I'd say thats the reason why it isn't makeable with essences. GC needs to move out of the economy. Its like wine/mead/leather..etc

I don't think that there are too many keys bought ... (but i might be wrong of course)

I don't really like this idea, the keys are a very nice touch into the game,

and a spell even if it was more expensive would just end up replacing them i guess, rather loose essies then gc

BUT Its'nice to see a well tought through suggestion in the suggestions forums...

I think there is a load of 'potential' for the hyperspace system, apart from just storing items in

Some POoMA suggestions

-> Hyperspacing bags to other locations ?

-> Persons using h-space (oO like player/guild controlled portals)

But well tought trough suggestion...

/*Edit*/

Evil typo's strike again

Edited by RotationZ

enriched essences?

maybe something from a NPC which is required along with the essences to make it enriched or something?

Edited by cho-yun

enriched essences?

maybe something from a NPC which is required along with the essences to make it enriched or something?

very nice idea ;)

anything that could help this idea along is great. i'd hate for this idea to just die. and i understand that gcs need to move OUT of game too.

any other ideas so that we could try to integrate this idea plus needing to buy something to get gcs out of game? :whistle:

Needs to be a counter spell that anyone can use to open your bag, it needs the risk of being bagjumped or its just a 100% safe movable sto :devlish:

Some POoMA suggestions

Like to storage, not bad :devlish:

Like portals room.

Generally, I'd not mind this idea much if Hyperspace Bag spell goes along with Hyperspace Bag Location spell (so you can locate all hyperspace bags in some radius).

Some POoMA suggestions

Like to storage, not bad :)

Like portals room.

Generally, I'd not mind this idea much if Hyperspace Bag spell goes along with Hyperspace Bag Location spell (so you can locate all hyperspace bags in some radius).

In other words you want to introduce a spell that will enable other people to reveal, open and steal bags? That'll be havoc.

This can be one of the few spells not used on the PvP / scene which this game can be seen evolves around.

Now I also remember that someone said that magic wasn't a skill, but only a skill to save money on other activities...

Um...Hello!? :devlish:

The only problem I see with these spells (locking and unlocking h-space bags via magic) are the # of essences, the type of essences to be used, the mana cost and the level of magic.

Well, with portals i ment like a one way thing, set a hyper space location, cast a spell to return to there

perhaps use a third key to mark these location, and link em to an item...

so place a rose in the bag, then u cast the spell on a rose in your inv to hyperspace to that location...

if someone removed the bag (pulled it out of hyperspace) u'd die ofcourse, as there is no beacon

Sumthing like that, there are a lot of nifty ways to use magic combined with hyperspace

/* edit */

Drifting away from the initial suggestion somewhat... but as another way to make h-bag magic would be just a little to erm... well obvious...

The keys are a nice touch to the game

Edited by RotationZ

Like to storage, not bad :lipssealed:

maybe a spel thats lets teleport your bags to storage or yourself (where you are then at the moment) would be a good idea indeed.

but in in order to make the h-bag yours you should put some magic note(paper) with your name on it in the bag so the spell can actualy locate it.

the notes should be only buyable from some magic shop at some cost like 50 gc but yuol have to buy it in bulk cause it are notes

but they dont have emu like money. so the bulk buy can be 1000 notes each buy so 50k gc to spend (just a suggestion)

there should also be a spel to encript yout name on the note to mark it your note => that spel woul require much ess en have a moderate lv req orso.

i hope you like the idea

Like to storage, not bad :lipssealed:

maybe a spel thats lets teleport your bags to storage or yourself (where you are then at the moment) would be a good idea indeed.

but in in order to make the h-bag yours you should put some magic note(paper) with your name on it in the bag so the spell can actualy locate it.

the notes should be only buyable from some magic shop at some cost like 50 gc but yuol have to buy it in bulk cause it are notes

but they dont have emu like money. so the bulk buy can be 1000 notes each buy so 50k gc to spend (just a suggestion)

there should also be a spel to encript yout name on the note to mark it your note => that spel woul require much ess en have a moderate lv req orso.

i hope you like the idea

omg brilliant!

Well, with portals i ment like a one way thing, set a hyper space location, cast a spell to return to there

perhaps use a third key to mark these location, and link em to an item...

so place a rose in the bag, then u cast the spell on a rose in your inv to hyperspace to that location...

if someone removed the bag (pulled it out of hyperspace) u'd die ofcourse, as there is no beacon

Sumthing like that, there are a lot of nifty ways to use magic combined with hyperspace

/* edit */

Drifting away from the initial suggestion somewhat... but as another way to make h-bag magic would be just a little to erm... well obvious...

The keys are a nice touch to the game

Like to storage, not bad :pickaxe:

i hope you like the idea

omg brilliant!

Y- but no...

how about change the note: remove the notes completely and change them into a bunch of essences that you keep in your inventory that disappear when you cast a spell?

Oh wait...this is the original idea in the first place :lipssealed:

I don't think changing the idea of hyperspace into a "send-your-inventory-or-bag-to-storage" spell would suffice for this suggestion as its a completely different thing altogether.

Well other than the fact that "send your inventory and/or bags to storage" and "label the bag with the owner" has been suggested and rejected multiple times already, not a good option under any circumstances.

Bags are not meant to be safe and auto-deposit into storage from wherever you are is a bit like a "play for me" button.

I also am pretty sure based on the "bags are not meant to be safe" front, the original suggestion won't possibly come to pass unless an easy spell for anybody to be able to open them is also created.

Wow, a lot of disussion, but i was just saying that the spells would be exactly like the keys, anyone can open a closed bag, given that they know the location (or guess it). That was the original concept, nothing about tele to sto or personal bags :lipssealed:

-Vang

I dont use hyper bags.. and im against bag mixing in gerneral. so i kinda like the idea of the spell to see all hyper bags in a radius.. would scare peeps out of using them..

but you could make the spell use a TON of essies. .plus something like a EME.. so peeps could use it.. but its costly..

if u could tele hyper bags to sto :lipssealed: then there wont be a need to be walking to sto to deposit the stuffs that you have harvested..and if bags could tele to u then you wont need to do hydro runs to get the s2es from sto instead just make a hyperbag at sto with all your s2es init and then tele it to u at hydro cave then there be not much of a point to make hydro walks so long and harvestables far from sto might as well just put all harvestables at storage.

Then why not suggest to have a storage near every harvestable, and to have hydro ore on every map, especially the safe ones?

Do you people really want everything in this game to be super easy? Might as well propose #resource_hax then.

I´ll cut a long rant short: Keys are just fine and sufficient in my not so humble opinion.

if u could tele hyper bags to sto :lipssealed: then there wont be a need to be walking to sto to deposit the stuffs that you have harvested..and if bags could tele to u then you wont need to do hydro runs to get the s2es from sto instead just make a hyperbag at sto with all your s2es init and then tele it to u at hydro cave then there be not much of a point to make hydro walks so long and harvestables far from sto might as well just put all harvestables at storage.

i didn't thought about this point but i dont think its safe to hyperspace a bag at storage then go to the hydro or etc en then tele it to you.

when people now this the will use keys at every storage while "the victim" is gone en steal their precious s2es they need for the hydro, so to be safe you must be either at an empty storage or go to a place where no one sees you and and drop your items for hyperspace. there could be also a ward wich can counter the spell so you want your bag by the spel but cause of the ward it wont go.

and about the notes if anyone schould find your bag your name mark wil be destroyed (however that will need some server adjusting)