Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trojan_Knight

Idea for a new day(s)

Guest Trojan_Knight

I've been thinking over the past few days how to suggest this.. And this is what I have come up with.. I think for every day, there should be a opposing day.. So here is my suggestion.

~Day of War~

Rosto's don't work

ND KF is disabled to "what once was reg kf" (useing this as a idea since its where most go to fight, but map could be changed to different map.)

All other pk area's are pk disabled. (if possible)

No harvesting allowed

No mixing allowed

Items don't break.

3x a/d exp in kf only. (could be different map if 2nd reason was dif map listed, but must be same map as 2nd reason)

In my opinion. I think my suggestion would not only force people into pk. But also possibly, encourage them to want to pk on this day. However the point of this suggestion is to encourage pk fun. Now many would say "thats bad idea, i mixer, I don't like fighting." But all i can say is different strokes for different follks. This is similar to a current day we currently have. But it forces people into 1 map rather then anywhere on the game. And it impliments other advantages, disadvantages as well depending on how you view it.

Day of Justice

Players random event chance to event to underworld to repent their sins from previous day. (instead of getting gc when harvesting, poinsoned, etc. These can be adjusted however seen fit. Don't know if the players would be willing to include special items as well.)

No fighting allowed.

Impliments 2x exp in all other skills.

In my opinion. I think this would be or could be a great opposing day for "Day of War". Yeah the exp is less. But it covers many skills rather then only 2. Yeah maybe you didn't fight the previous day. But again, different strokes for different folks.

Any comments, suggestions, etc? Let me know what ya think :)

~~> me <~~ :)

I've been thinking over the past few days how to suggest this.. And this is what I have come up with.. I think for every day, there should be a opposing day.. So here is my suggestion.

~Day of War~

Rosto's don't work

ND KF is disabled to "what once was reg kf" (useing this as a idea since its where most go to fight, but map could be changed to different map.)

No harvesting allowed

No mixing allowed

Items don't break.

3x a/d exp in kf only. (could be different map if 2nd reason was dif map listed, but must be same map as 2nd reason)

In my opinion. I think my suggestion would not only force people into pk. But also possibly, encourage them to want to pk on this day. However the point of this suggestion is to encourage pk fun. Now many would say "thats bad idea, i mixer, I don't like fighting." But all i can say is different strokes for different follks. This is similar to a current day we currently have. But it forces people into 1 map rather then anywhere on the game. And it impliments other advantages, disadvantages as well depending on how you view it.

Wouldnt it just cause a mass of players just to log off for 6 hours ?

And I think we have all seen that having rosto's not work in a drop map doesnt work for increased PK action .. TD ftl \o/

~Day of War~

Rosto's don't work

No harvesting allowed

No mixing allowed

Items don't break.

I don't think it will catch on, at all. Why force everyone in-game to fight? Should we just call it (as conavar already said) "log off and/or go AFK for the next six hours for mixers" day? I think this would result in something of a genocide to the EL supply-and-demand ratios, as people (bot owners, in particular) could raise their prices as the few people remaining on the server who actually want to PK can't mix, and need to buy supplies.

This would also turn KF into TD, in my opinion. A barren wasteland, devoid of life. People certainly won't risk their expensive items, especially the mixers, or people with A+D <200. The few people who make enough money to replace fancy dragon armours and thermal serps would completely dominate the map, as most others who would (and could) normally oppose them couldn't due to lack of funds (I'm told PKers/fighters are usually fairly poor people, relative to mixers).

No harvesting just adds more wham to the already exceedingly negative impact of this day. I can confidently say that if I logged onto this, I'd log off almost immediately and switch to a more open instant messenger, like MSN.

3x A/D exp is also unwise. The people strong enough to rule the map would PvP endlessly (3-6 hours straight) with each other in leathers and cheap gear, then switch as someone approached.

Items don't break doesn't really matter anyway. People will still use up their supplies. And if they've not got any supplies... well, too bad, eh?

Finally, about the "different strokes..." thing, you've kind of overblown the idea of a #day. For example, on Sun Tzu Day, people receive 2x A/D experience whenever they fight, as you know. That's fine and dandy, because people have a choice between gaining more A/D exp (and hence more OAs for mixers) and just mixing/harvesting. Similarly on Peace Day (which isn't that peaceful anyway, with engineering) fighters are given the choice of working on another skill, either for OAs or cash. Day of War obligates people to focus on one single, rather tiny, aspect of game-play.

Players random event chance to event to underworld to repent their sins from previous day. (instead of getting gc when harvesting, poinsoned, etc. These can be adjusted however seen fit. Don't know if the players would be willing to include special items as well.)

No fighting allowed.

Impliments 2x exp in all other skills.

In my opinion. I think this would be or could be a great opposing day for "Day of War". Yeah the exp is less. But it covers many skills rather then only 2. Yeah maybe you didn't fight the previous day. But again, different strokes for different folks.

Another "log off" suggestion, in my opinion. This is just like an enhanced Peace Day. Moreover, I don't see how this is in any way fit to be considered polar to Day of War. It punishes all players, whereas in the previous suggestions only mixers were punished. The mixer seems to get a lot of flak in these forums...

Day of Justice:

No fighting allowed, though invaded Yeti will attack anyone with a PKi score over 5. (<--- disabled now, anyway)

force people into pk.

The highlight was mine. The reason is pretty plain to work out.

But all i can say is different strokes for different follks

Says it all. Not everyone wants to be forced into fighting.

Personally, I would enjoy this idea if it wasn't for the f$%@wits idiots players who think it is ok to "pwn" very weak players but won't fight those of similar strengths or stronger.

~Day of War~

Rosto's don't work

No harvesting allowed

No mixing allowed

Items don't break.

lol

as others have already said; it'd be day of logging off, for most everyone, PK'ers and mixers alike.

Guest Trojan_Knight

Anything is possible. But I just thought hmmm.. What could make something more interesting. So I came up w/ the above ideas.. Possibly many people would log off after they came to these forums to bitch about some bs.. But regardless, I think it would be fun for many people. And thus my suggestions :pickaxe:

~~< me <~~ :P

well, the first is definitively "Day of exploration" or "Day of no EL" for me - depends, if there will be some PK areas i did not walked safely thru or not .... i would avoid KF anyway.

The seconds looks like "Day to mix all you cheap essencies" for me ... i do not care if i lost 10 sulphur and 2 fruits as punishment for me not killing anything in months - the double exp would pay for it. And fail rate on FEs is low enought to not lose too much. Otherwise it is another "Day of no EL". (That is, if there is the 50% probability of losing item - if it is meant to be "teleport to UW without lose" then it is should be called "Day of unlimited Saving Stones" instead :devlish:

Anyway i think both are really unbalanced days with ill side-effects and i personally am strongly against it as it would really ruined the way EL is usually played.

BTW: What about such day:

Day of Justice - each player loss every minute such amount of hp equal to all hp he hit at this minute of day in all day of previous month.

so if you at monday did hit at 12:34 rabits for 35 hp total, on tuesday you hit at 12:34 boars for 40 hp total and on wednesday hit another player at 12:34 for 7 hp, then if Thurday is is Day of JUstice, you will be at 12:34 hit by 35+40+7=82hp (unblocable by armour/spells). Then the same for 12:35 and so ....

This would be Justice - you just feel, what you did - if you hurt many creatures/ppl, you are severaly hurt. If you did not hurt anyone, you are not punished.

(OK, it would require a lot of server space, so it could be made more space friendly as this: each hour is counted each hp, you hurt someone/something, then you are punished with the average for that hour divided equally)

Edited by gilhad123