Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Inglor

No PKi when killing someone with PKi

Me and Halosmee where fighting Gerbil at 1:08 Ceneral standard time, 00:11:00 abouts game time. He died. We where the only two fighting him. Neither of us got the kill or the PKi. Think this may be a bug.

Thanks for all your hard work on the game developers :devlish:)

AttilaTheHun

Me and Halosmee where fighting Gerbil (...) We where the only two fighting him.

ONLY ?

I wouldn't brag that it takes as MANY as two of you to kill one little Gerbil lol ;)

Me and Halosmee where fighting Gerbil (...) We where the only two fighting him.

ONLY ?

I wouldn't brag that it takes as MANY as two of you to kill one little Gerbil lol :)

Ya, meanie pk'ers :) and LOL it's no bug, i use my brain and #alias :laugh:

and thanks ent, removing pki is great...these guys are big abusers of it.

AttilaTheHun: darn I am back above 0 PKI need to give away 3 of them again

Becareful what you are talking about in local, you never know whose invis :>

A person once told me that for something to be abusive, the abuser must get some benefit from the abuse or it's not really abuse. What is the benefit people are receiving from the abuse of the system? They're getting some big advantage in the game over others? Or is the benefit seeing their name falsely placed higher on a list? Doesn't seem much of a benefit if that's the extent of it.

Becareful what you are talking about in local, you never know whose invis :>

*who's

Edited by Ozmondius

Or is the benefit seeing their name falsely placed higher on a list? Doesn't seem much of a benefit if that's the extent of it.
You might be surprised to know how much work people would do just to see their name higher on a list somewhere. That includes lots of research into how to optimize (abuse) the system to attain better results.

Or is the benefit seeing their name falsely placed higher on a list? Doesn't seem much of a benefit if that's the extent of it.
You might be surprised to know how much work people would do just to see their name higher on a list somewhere. That includes lots of research into how to optimize (abuse) the system to attain better results.

That's why the PK Loser Top list was removed a long time ago.

Guest Trojan_Knight

I may be "not for" pki. But imo I do feel as if maybe there should be some kind of listing for "who's killed most people" rankig.. Because honestly people do like to gloat, and that itself could be a huge motivational tool for pk. I don't know anything about coding and all of that. However it is / was on game. So maybe that aspect of it, could be "edited" in a manner where everyone was happy?

~~> me <~~ :)

I don't disagree, but it's not a real in-game advantage--only a "vanity" check. Unless players are able to use this advantage to the detriment of others or to their in-game benefit, it doesn't fit the definition of abuse that I was given.

Edited by Ozmondius

Some people will just abuse things because it is there to be abused.

The PKI system has turned into a running joke, with people buying PKI, selling PKI, allowing themselves to give PKI so that they lower their PKI to get better PKI themselves, allowing themselves to lose PKI and then getting a rollback, etc etc etc.

For those who actually played the PKI system properly and didn't abuse it, it became an increasing source of frustration to see people abusing it to climb the score lists. For those who abused it, well, clearly it was a running joke for them.

Your definition of abuse is rather narrow imo. However, even according to your definition, this abuse of the PKI system was to the detriment of other players (their ranking was artificially lowered) and was to their ingame benefit (they get a laugh and are on a ranking list).

I won't be unhappy to see it go, and it seems most others here aren't either.

S.

Edit: From wictionary: Abuse is defined as; Improper treatment or usage; application to a wrong or bad purpose; misuse; perversion <--Not sure where it say anything about mandatory benefit there.

Edited by Spleenie

The definition is the EL definition of abuse, apparently. I was attempting consistency of application. A laugh, mockery, artificial increase or decrease of a rank don't appear to fit the definition. Speaking as one who didn't abuse the pki system, it never became a source of frustration for me. I clearly saw the top and aimed for it. I don't care how they got there, only how I tried to get there.

Edited by Ozmondius

Can you please cite the source of your definition? I certainly don't consider abuse limited to solely when the person abusing gets material benefit. My definition is in accord pretty much with what I wrote above.

Abuse means when someone uses somthing in a way that it wasn't meant, and hurts others.

There were some fuckwads who were buying PKI for real life money, and that was hurting those who were on the list by their own skill.

Right now, that list doesn't reflect what it was meant who reflect (who are the best Pkers), so there is no reason to keep it there.

tbh, it wasn't hurting me, it was a ladder of comparison and those who bought their way in were apparent. there is no huge advantage to those buyers and "abusers" yet it still offers a yardstick for those who are motivated by the measurement.

Maybe it didn't hurt you, but that list was no longer accurate at all, so there is no point in having an innaccurate list out there, especially that not all the abuse can be caught (depending on how smart those abusing it are).