Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Graphics Problem..

Ok.. so since I downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card, I've been getting this alot:

elscreen005xz7.th.jpgthpix.gif

I've tried a few things, changing the options around, but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be nice. Thanks.

Oh btw my graphics card is: Radeon 9600 Series.

Nope, I only get it when I do one of the following:

Open the Stats window.

Open the Magic wondow.

Open the Encyclopedia window.

Open the Notepad window.

Open the Options window.

When any of those are open it happens.. Also when I talk to an NPC. (As shown in the picture.)

Sorry for the slow reply. I was chatting to someone else in game who seems to have an issue very similar to yours. It would fix briefly on a client restart though, then happen again.

Have you upgraded your video cards recently? I ask this because this other person had, and it only started getting this way after that.

S.

nvm, you say you have. I will check what the other guy has, I wonder if its a buggy upgrade.

I think that 8.11 refers to the catalyst control centre, the control panel for your ati card, but not your actual driver version. Are you able to look that up?

Edited by Spleenie

Sorry for the slow reply. I was chatting to someone else in game who seems to have an issue very similar to yours. It would fix briefly on a client restart though, then happen again.

Have you upgraded your video cards recently? I ask this because this other person had, and it only started getting this way after that.

S.

nvm, you say you have. I will check what the other guy has, I wonder if its a buggy upgrade.

I've had a similar thing to this, in previous updates, but insted of triangles, the ground just got messed up, it didn't affect the boxes and the text.

I've tried turning the backgrouds of the boxes to just black, but all that did was just make them go away, but the text was still un-readable. Like they were there but I couldn't see them in the box.

I've had a good mess around with all of the video/adv.video stuff in options, but nothing seems to help.. I'm not sure why. :)

Same stuff happens for me, when I have stats/help window up the ground moves with my camera movement. Was no problems before, happend now when I upgraded to ATI Crystalys 8.11.

Same stuff happens for me, when I have stats/help window up the ground moves with my camera movement. Was no problems before, happend now when I upgraded to ATI Crystalys 8.11.

Only thing I can think of is use old drivers, but thats worse for my PC lol, and I can't do much else.. I've tried everything else I can think of.. Just don't know anymore. :devlish:

Beginning to get really annoying.

Guest Trojan_Knight

My irl buddy has that card I think.. He plays on here.. If I recall correctly, he had to mess with his for a few days or so.. I know he's on "poor mans" options basically (or so I think).. If thats any help to ya, all the better. I'll have him get ahold of ya sometime, or maybe ingame if possible ;) Maybe he'll be able to help you out better then I can. Since I honestly have no other idea's what he did.

~~> me <~~ ;)

New drivers are our in a couple of days (maybe a week or so.) so I'll guess I will wait until then, see if that changes things.

Ok, so today I downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card from the ATi website, and it got rid of those stupid things.. Something else happens now, but nowhere near as bad as what it was. I'll post a screenie soon.

Sorry in advance for the triple post, but I think I sorted it..

After I dowloaded the new drivers my problem changed too:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47339 - Dugur's problem.

So I did this:

Options -> Adv. Video -> DrawRangeElements (And made it so the box was un-checked.)

Now everything seems to be fine.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.