Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL research, if you want to participate, post here

I'm in! I agree to participate!

Forum and in-game name: Kat

Alt: Alhana (hardly ever used though)

Female

and would be VERY interested in the results!
I second that. Will the results be published or otherwise available in a form that we can view it later?

Hi Ulla,

Yes, I'm in too, just like my husband Niemand

My name on forum and in game : BethAhabah which means 'House of Love' in Hebrew, so I try not to be aggressive in any possible way. :) :)

Since I have a husband ... female human in real life and in game. :P

Love to see what is coming out af all this! ;)

Good luck with this study!

BethAhabah

I second that. Will the results be published or otherwise available in a form that we can view it later?

Yes, I will write an "executive summary" of the results in language that everyone can understand (no weird greek statistical symbols, for example). I am keeping track of those that specifically state they are interested in the results, and I will also make a post with a link here once I have that executive summary. The full write-up in an academic style will take me much longer to complete, and it'll take even longer before it gets (hopefully) published. I can make that version available via email, but not put it online and link it because then it would be considered "self-published" and academic journals would no longer print it. Once I have the executive summary I'll try to get my university to write something about the study in their newsletter and if they do I'll be sure to make that available here too.

Keep signing up ;)

Ulla Bunz

count me in :rolleyes:

jvg in-game

male

forgot to mention, but I'd really like to hear what's all coming out of this :devlish:

Edited by jvg

Yes, I will write an "executive summary" of the results in language that everyone can understand (no weird greek statistical symbols, for example).
The more weird greek statistical symbols, the better! \;)/

I am keeping track of those that specifically state they are interested in the results, [..]
*signs up for this too*

w00t! A forum account just for this :icon13:

Agree fully, count me in. :confused:

Issira. Male (EL and IRL)

I'm in, certainly :laugh: I'd be glad to help.

In game name, Aledezar

RL: Male

**EDIT** I would also love to see the results of this! Thanks!

Edited by Aledezar

Yes

My forum name: kailomonkey

My character name: kailomonkey

My gender: Male

If it is possible from here, I'd like to request receiving the results. :laugh: Thankyou

I have a quick question, or rather my wife has one. She would like to know if particpation in this study requires a forum account cause she would like to get in on this as well. If so she will make one.

I myself will also join in

my ingame names are

Crom

Morc1

Sun_tzu

and of course male in real life as well as in game

I have a quick question, or rather my wife has one. She would like to know if particpation in this study requires a forum account cause she would like to get in on this as well. If so she will make one.

Yes, she will either have to make her own forum account, or send me an email to my university email account (listed on the consent form). I need her consent, and you telling me she wants to participate, unfortunately, is not enough in this situation.

As many of you are learning, there are all kinds of legal and ethical constraints on academic researchers, but these exist to protect the human beings involved in the research. These rules were created because before their existence, some researchers did some rather horrific things (like infecting "research subjects" with syphilis on purpose). I'm bound by these rules, whether they seem strict in this particular situation or not.

Ulla Bunz

Edit on Oct 29, 2008:

In case you don't want to browse through the entire thread but have additional questions, I have provided answers and information in the following places in this thread:

page 2, post 35

page 3, post 45

page 4, post 68

page 5, post 91

page 6, post 106

page 7, post 124

I'll continue to update this list as needed.

Edited by Researcher