Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

Breaking rule

Boedha and me are planning to buy a tradebot, but were wondering if we can both freely trade with it without being in conflict with rule #5

As far as I know trading with your bot is the only way to keep it stocked up.

If it is breaking rule 5, then I for one would be in a helluva lot of trouble as I trade with our 4 guild ( *_Legend) bots.

Now this is just my opinion............ Not to be taken as gospel.

As far as I know trading with your bot is the only way to keep it stocked up.

If it is breaking rule 5, then I for one would be in a helluva lot of trouble as I trade with our 4 guild ( *_Legend) bots.

Now this is just my opinion............ Not to be taken as gospel.

As far as I understand the rules

If it is sperate people from seperate IP's trading with your bot and you do not "share charaters" then you are ok

If two alts (or shared charaters which is considered alts) use the bot to trade/middleman etc it would break rule 5.

Boedha and me are planning to buy a tradebot, but were wondering if we can both freely trade with it without being in conflict with rule #5

Well that depends.

"Freely trade"? What do you mean by that? If Boedha and Hardcore only give it stuff to sell, should be fine.

If Bodeha wants to trade it 1000k silver ore and Hardcore wants to take it off to make HE's with it, no.

In no way can that bot be a middleman under ANY circumstances for items and/or gc to move between Boedha and Hardcore.

You run into a more limited allowance of what you can and can't do since your characters are shared and therefore are also considered each other's alts.

with freely trade i mean we both just set items on the bot, it and we can both take items from it.

had a pm in my inbox from some time ago where Entropy said that we could trade, but lost it now :/

anyway, if the bot buy's stuff from other players we could take it off if one of us needs it right? and parts of the gc it earns

with freely trade i mean we both just set items on the bot, it and we can both take items from it.

had a pm in my inbox from some time ago where Entropy said that we could trade, but lost it now :/

anyway, if the bot buy's stuff from other players we could take it off if one of us needs it right? and parts of the gc it earns

You aren't getting it. If you didn't share your characters, reasonable trading would not be an issue. However once you share a character, it then becomes your alt as well, thereby making trading illegal. Any permissions given are conditional on certain terms being met, not carte blanche. You forfeit the right to trade by making that character your alt.

Now to the bot:

Only one of your characters can "freely" give and take to the bot.

IMO, you should propose to the mods/admins that you will use your bot to the following specification:

Use your bot purely as a shopfront, not using it to hold profits.

(i.e. if your bot sells HE @ 7gc each, it should pay any person who puts HE on it 7gc per ess.)

If the bot pays less than what it sells for, and profits are held on the bot, anytime either of you takes gc off (without putting items on) you are potentially illegally multiplaying... but if u equally donate an initial float and then set your buy and sell prices the same, i cant imagine you'd have a problem.

Of course, my word isn't official, it's just a suggestion, run it by Ent/mods first.

I have made it a rule for myself to make sure to ban all of my alts and my guildmates alts from using my bot when I get it online. I would honestly suggest you do the same with yours.

My understanding being that the two chararacters you mention are both played by you. At no point should two characters of the same IP both have admin priveledges in my oppinion.