Entropy

Removing rule 5 (multiplaying)

Should rule 5 be removed?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Should rule 5 be removed?

• Yes
    • Yes but with some conditions/limitations
    • No

Yes but not only could you mule with your wife , you could mule with yourself .... and 50 other alts.

Which is one of the main reasons i wouldn't like to see this rule removed.

Can your comp run 50 clients at the same time?

Is it technically impossible to limit the number of clients coming from the same IP?

So, about what are you worried?

Piper

I think he's just like me and likes to make things bigger than they really are :devlish: And as asgnny said, even one alt allowed would be too much. (or did he say so? :evilgrin: At least someone said lol)

Edited by Miiks

Yes but not only could you mule with your wife , you could mule with yourself .... and 50 other alts.

Is it technically impossible to limit the number of clients coming from the same IP?

Piper

I think he's just like me and likes to make things bigger than they really are :evilgrin: And as asgnny said, even one alt allowed would be too much.

Thats the most important part of your post, and youre absolutely right with that :devlish:

Piper

Has anyone mentioned the antisocial perk yet?

10 free pickpoints - just get an alt to buy for you.

And HoS, ICD...

I voted no.

I'd want to get rid of all my nex besides Human on my main, then create an alt that does all my harving and mixing. I put a lot of thought and effort into the build I have now, and I think it's pretty good - if rule 5 were removed, all of the sudden it would be stupid. I'd either need to reset of buy 11 nex removal stones... I think that would be pretty unfair to mess up so many people's chars like that.

Any one additional alt is enough to stop me from buying resources from other players.

You have the patience/time/knowlege to level an alt, find, and harvest the valuable resources that you would give to your main. IMO, the economy is about people who will go through the effort, selling to the people who wont.

With all of the events during harvesting, the harvester still has to do the work to get the resources, and carry them. In other words, if I have an alt muling ore, the alt is still ME, harvesting and carrying.

I think the time would be better spent talking to players and finding the automated clients and macros. Just my two cents :evilgrin:

Any one additional alt is enough to stop me from buying resources from other players.

Exactly - one alt harvester/manuer/potioner/alcher/crafter, second fighter/mage/ranger etc. No need to trade with anyone after initial period of developing first one.

That would also increase a gap between old and new players, since old players would be able to develop specialized alts much faster by using resources they already have

Piper

I think he's just like me and likes to make things bigger than they really are :evilgrin: And as asgnny said, even one alt allowed would be too much.

Thats the most important part of your post, and youre absolutely right with that :devlish:

Piper

We could take this to PM's and compare if you wanted

On topic : Yes i do exaggerate figures sometimes

How can your alt buy 10PPs for you??

Main takes anti and alt buys all things for main.

Or just make money to buy all those hydro bars and nex removals that are needed for buying pps :evilgrin:

Edited by Miiks

Your alt gives you the gc to buy the 50 hydro {edit}bars{/edit} and the nexus removal stone to leave you with 1 pp. Then does it 9 more times.

Edited by Elveron

Your alt gives you the gc to buy the 50 hydro {edit}bars{/edit} and the nexus removal stone to leave you with 1 pp. Then does it 9 more times.

Price of Nexus stones will be in the millions. So better get a harvesting army ready, to out-harv your opponents :evilgrin: .

Price of Nexus stones will be in the millions. So better get a harvesting army ready, to out-harv your opponents :evilgrin: .

Yeah, I thought about that, too. Inflation will run rampant.

There are an equal number of ways to make the Anti perk painful again as there are ways to get around it. For one replace all of the ship/map flags with an NPC. Anti holders would need rings/magic/ess to go anywhere. Not really recommending that. Just pointing out that if one element of gameplay changes, others will have to change as well. The game is still in Beta, and there are some smart cookies doing the dev work...

The alt harvesting all of the money for nexus removal still has to actually DO the harvesting. The Player worked for the money....

There are an equal number of ways to make the Anti perk painful again as there are ways to get around it. For one replace all of the ship/map flags with an NPC. Anti holders would need rings/magic/ess to go anywhere. Not really recommending that. Just pointing out that if one element of gameplay changes, others will have to change as well. The game is still in Beta, and there are some smart cookies doing the dev work...

The alt harvesting all of the money for nexus removal still has to actually DO the harvesting. The Player worked for the money....

Firstly, I think it's an AWFUL idea to ruin gameplay for someone wanting to play EL with one character, simply because others are greedy.

Secondly, since when is AFK-harvesting with an army of alts considered hard work? I'm not sure what you do for a living, but I want your job.

Secondly, since when is AFK-harvesting with an army of alts considered hard work?

Give it a try and you know. :evilgrin:

Piper

U can do "fun" things at same time with your main and just check your alt sometimes, if it's still harving or full. So I think that's not "real" work. Of course someone says that game has to be fun, but there has been enough reasons why it would make game just less fun.

but there has been enough reasons why it would make game just less fun.

K, which ones?

Beside might, could, would and other guesses?

Piper

I work DAMN hard for a living in real life and resent ANYONE suggesting otherwise! I have the callouses, scars, and daily sore back to prove it.

I'm at best a part time EL player, and if you read any of my other posts, I'm recommending limiting concurent connections. How the hell do you get an army of 50 alts that way?

I thought you of all people, an as an apparent long time player would be above insulting someone.

Guess I said enough in this thread.

but there has been enough reasons why it would make game just less fun.

K, which ones?

Beside might, could, would and other guesses?

Piper

Ok I'll try to list them here:

1) Neg perks.

2) What I already said before. U should practically choose if u want to be pker or trainer. U can't be both because u need to have all attributes full to be able to pk and u can't train if u have them all full.

3) It COULD (I know, I know) ruin the economy of the game. It's bit different on pk server, as there is not so much players.

4) Those people who have most time to play, woud benefit most. Now there is just one player harving or training 24/7, but compare it when there is 2-5 char's doing same things 24/7. It would rehearse (is that correct word? :evilgrin:) the cap between those who plays EL as their work and those who are really working and can't play that much.

5) I had something else on my mind but forgot... Edit: I remember it now... Some people has really slow computers so they can't even run 2 programs at same time. So again it would be unfair to them. And if there is no limit for alts, some people could run 5 or 6 alts at same time when someone else can run just 2 or 3.

(most of them are my own thinkings as I was too lazy to read whole thread :devlish: I think there is also good points by other persons :))

Edited by Miiks

Hmmm I have another idea how the multiplay can be allowed: you will have ONE account (based on e-mail address), and there are limited slots for alts what you can possibly create per account (they can have different name/password like currently).

You allowed to trade between this alts using the same IP, but impossible if you want to try trade from the same IP using different account.

For resolving this problem, there are an npc called Post Office or whatever, where you can send items in a limited number per day or week to the other account/player for some amount of gc

or optionally buying credits in the EL shop (it can be combined with a waiting time: for example you must wait 2 EL gamedays before your item is arrive to the storage of another char).

I know these are big modifications both on the server and client side, but lets see what is Radu's opinion regarding this idea.

In this case families can play using one account (for example the family members using the available 3-4 character slots).

If they want more accounts for bigger advance, they have to work on extra gc for sending the items via the PostOffice.

However, still the cheapest way is to selling/buying items from/to another players and helping to each other.

I think it is a fair way, of course other things like macroing still cannot be allowed.

P.S. If IP trading not allowed, maybe this Post Office idea can make a good solution.

Edited by csiga