Entropy

Removing rule 5 (multiplaying)

Should rule 5 be removed?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Should rule 5 be removed?

• Yes
    • Yes but with some conditions/limitations
    • No

I vote no. And not becoz it could ruin economy..but bcoz it will ruin the community..!@

Now we have to work together to acomplish things, at least, things go faster that way.

If we all can have alts and trade with them, this will create a selfish community..

Radu, you didnt put the mules ingame for nothing now, did you? Please..dont make ' asses' out of part of the community..coz thats whats gonna happen if #5 is being erased..Let ppl ' build' their mules for carrying items..and let them buy or loan or ASK the experience of other-skilled players to make them stuff..like they have to do now..

Thats what makes EL to what it is..the community..helping eachother..free, or for gc..but we all need eachother..and that shouldnt change!

Jez

No. Nothing has changed from the first thread on this topic where every so called argument for a removal of the rule was refuted there. The arguments used in the refutations have rather been made stronger by the changes to the game than weakened.

And let me add, despite two long (one of them very long) threads on this, there has been no suggestion of "limitations" that aren't either impossible to implement/control or much more complicated than the current rule.

PS: this rule has nothing to do with families! Stop insulting your and everybody else's intelligence by mixing legitimate same IP trades with illegal multiplay. Thanks :(

PPS: Asgnny beat me to that last one.

I worked hard (for years) to get my levels (allthough I did not level that much in last 2 years I admit because I am not an active player any more), and I am speaking from my experience when I say that multiplaying is simply harmless. You cannot be as effective with multiplaying as without it - your main character MUST suffer from multiplaying! Players who multiplay still cannot surpass hard-working players. If they want to do so, they would simply BUY A CHARACTER, like they usually do, and we all know it (check the top 50 list and You will see maaaaaany bought players there).

"I would afk-harvest with 10 alts to do that, rather than paying someone to harvest for me" -- asgnny.

Asgnny, you might do this, I would not, having 10 windows and switching between one another is maybe for some freaky addicts. I would rather buy stuff I need. Without doubt. You are forgetting one major point here - EL IS A GAME, and games should be FUN. Switching between 10 windows IS NOT FUN, and no sane person who playes EL to ENJOY IT would do so!

Allow multiplaying and, If you want to be fair towards hard-working players, then better forbid character trades!

Edited by Dejan

How about a server split - make an exact duplicate of EL and the characters running on port 2003 with nultiplaying legal on that server?

For those that want multiplay they get to type

EL ruinedeconomy

and the rest of us enjoy the game as it is now.

EDIT:
Maybe the richness is good tho, everyone could buy PPs and that would equalize PK after a year when everyone has every positive perk and 48 on all attributes.

Actually, you make a very good point Gohan, that i hadn't even considered... this would allow more people to buy pickpoints, potentially helping to further balance PK.

Definitely Yes.

But what about people who also wants to train and pk at same time? They can't take all attributes full if they wants to get good exp too and then there would be these uber pkers that kills them with 3 hits when they wants to go pk a bit? So there would be just few uber pkers fighting together and others are still training and they can't pk until they decide to become fulltime pkers.

How long before everyone's running around with dragon plate mail?

Hopefully not long at all. Would further assist in equalizing PK.

EDIT:

can we just call this thread closed??

NO FTW!!

its already over 50 votes ahead

Actually, "No" is only 19 votes ahead :P:( (atm)

As both of the other two options are "Yes", albeit one with conditions, which i'm sure 'with conditions' is still preferable to the Yes voters than No is.

Not really.

Your always so against PP buying etc. If this rule was to be removed....where would my alts be? Right...mining iron all day to buy me more PP's on top of the yeti and AC i kill for gc with my main...think about that.

Voted NO btw.

Ah i see.

Because this change would allow people like yourself to further (ab)use a balance flaw elsewhere in the game i should automatically be against it.

Right.

EDIT:

Maybe the richness is good tho, everyone could buy PPs and that would equalize PK after a year when everyone has every positive perk and 48 on all attributes.

Actually, you make a very good point Gohan, that i hadn't even considered... this would allow more people to buy pickpoints, potentially helping to further balance PK.

Definitely Yes.

You cant overlook the fact that this will increase the use (or abuse as you call it) of the PP buying system. Removing multi rule will have a direct effect on this. Say yes now...but then accept the consequence.

Ermabwed, o.O pardon me, but do you seriously believe I do not mix anything?? :(

Edited by Dejan

Hi all,

I voted yes with restrictions, it would be nice to be able to sell items to an alt, for the proper price ofc. How do you regulate it, idk thats for the pro's.

Using alts to collect stores and harv would ruin the game or swapping equipment.

Davy

Edited by Dchels

I voted no cause having alts interact creates cheating in which the rule was created in the first place. As for multiple people playing from same ip, how hard is it to tell a mod or god about it and follow the rules?

Why not simply allow multiplay for 1 day and see what happens? I doubt it ruins the economy but even if it does would take more than 1 day to happen.

I would like this one. :evilgrin:

I personally can't wait until I get some alts working for me. My current alt, when I level mule shortly, will be over 500 iron ore per trip, would be easy to level 2 or 3 more alts to 960 emu and have them do the same, can't wait until I can get 120k iron ore/day. Mixing the bars will take some time, no doubt - but hell - 48 in all attributes within a few months - can't wait until the game gets completely dull and then I quit.... next...

NO

Why not simply allow multiplay for 1 day and see what happens? I doubt it ruins the economy but even if it does would take more than 1 day to happen.

Join PK server, there you can test multiplaying as much as you like :devlish:

Piper

I voted no, for many reasons.

While I realize this may make the mods job easier, and a lot less time spent on logs I beleive it would ruin the fun for a lot of people.

I have played many other games where you are allowed 6 alts, are allowed to trade and the economy in all those games is crap. I fear that would happen here also. Though I suspect Ent has already thought of ways round this, why fix what isn't broken??

Also, for me at least, a big part of EL is team work. Wasn't this one of the reasons the dragon now casts smite summoned? Ent has put a lot of effort into getting people to work as a team, allowing multiplay now, in my humble opinion would negate this effort.

Join PK server, there you can test multiplaying as much as you like :devlish:

Piper

I did, but that place is even more boring.

I don't understand why so many people that are screaming "ahhhh 50 alts ruin game" when the number of concurrent connections could be limited to 2 or 3 to solve that....

PS: this rule has nothing to do with families! Stop insulting your and everybody else's intelligence by mixing legitimate same IP trades with illegal multiplay. Thanks :evilgrin:

WTF ????? Have you even read rule 5 morpheus? It has ALOT to do with families being under restrictions that seperate IP owners are not under ! Have you got a family member using the same IP as you ?

Erma, you can ''gift'' endless items to a seperate IP player in your guild, I cant do that with my wife.

You can mule to your hearts content with a sperate IP player within or outside of your guild, I cant do that with my wife.

You can endlessly trade UN REASONABLY with seperate IP players within or outside your guild , by unreasonably I mean accepting something like 50gc and 200 sunflowers for 500 HE out of the kindness of your heart. I cant do that with my wife.

So unless I can now get permission to mule with my wife , trade endlessly with her, give her gifts whenever I want then YES this has ALOT to do with family members living under different rules within rule 5.

*edit* idk i didnt change anything

Edited by Ateh

I don't understand why so many people that are screaming "ahhhh 50 alts ruin game" when the number of concurrent connections could be limited to 2 or 3 to solve that....

Any one additional alt is enough to stop me from buying resources from other players.

For those worried about mod time spent on catching those people who are actually cheating now, it is an absolutely worthwhile task, and worth any/all time spent, imo.

Allowing a "day of multiplaying" just means people would harvest with alts for however long, then wait for whatever given day to transfer the goods -- completely pointless.

PS: this rule has nothing to do with families! Stop insulting your and everybody else's intelligence by mixing legitimate same IP trades with illegal multiplay. Thanks :evilgrin:

WTF ????? Have you even read rule 5 morpheus? It has ALOT to do with families being under restrictions that seperate IP owners are not under ! Have you got a family member using the same IP as you ?

Erma, you can ''gift'' endless items to a seperate IP player in your guild, I cant do that with my wife.

You can mule to your hearts content with a sperate IP player within or outside of your guild, I cant do that with my wife.

You can endlessly trade UN REASONABLY with seperate IP players within or outside your guild , by unreasonably I mean accepting something like 50gc and 200 sunflowers for 500 HE out of the kindness of your heart. I cant do that with my wife.

So unless I can now get permission to mule with my wife , trade endlessly with her, give her gifts whenever I want then YES this has ALOT to do with family members living under different rules within rule 5.

Yes but not only could you mule with your wife , you could mule with yourself .... and 50 other alts.

Which is one of the main reasons i wouldn't like to see this rule removed.

*edit* idk i didnt change anything

very good point. i think that's kind of messed up, but the MODS can't take any chances, this might resolve some of those problems

Edited by DeadlyTears

Yes but not only could you mule with your wife , you could mule with yourself .... and 50 other alts.

Which is one of the main reasons i wouldn't like to see this rule removed.

Can your comp run 50 clients at the same time?

Is it technically impossible to limit the number of clients coming from the same IP?

So, about what are you worried?

Piper

50? Are you serious? You would have 50 EL clients open in parallel?? O.o I would not call that "playing a game" i would call that a "dumb masochism" !!