Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sywren

Is the PK server right for you?

I've put together the following list of questions for those people who have considered joining the PK server, but aren't sure if it's the right place for them. Many of our most active players joined on whimsy and have stayed because they love it. Many others have come and left within a week or two because it isn't for them.

The point is that the PK server isn't for everyone, but I know that there are many on the main server who would love the alternatives that it offers.

If you are a player, or have been a player, feel free to add questions. If you have never played the server, but are curious, please ask your own questions.

1. Are you OK with dying? (You don't have to be a PKer, but you will still get attacked on occasion.)

2. Are you the sort of person who may train or harvest on a PK map despite/because of the danger?

3. Do you know EL well enough to be able to harvest or train in less populated areas and come up with alternative strategies?

4. Are you comfortable with leveling a new character from scratch (and recognize that you will not be able to own the server in a couple weeks?)

5. Would you prefer a smaller group of people who know you and primarily speak in one channel to a larger group who will always be talking, but not necessarily to you? (Think: Big fish in small pond, or small fish in big pond?)

6. Do you have family members or friends with the same IP that you would like to play with (trade, fight, etc...)?

7. Do you like the idea of trying new skills?

8. Do you like the idea of using an alt to mule, harvest, or specialize?

9. Do you believe that PK should be about levels and skills more than armor or weapons?

10. Is your main server character so high that you can't leave or cut down the time you spend on the main server?

11. Are you comfortable with an English speaking community?

Edited by sygon

Are you alright with a English speaking community?

There was someone on today that couldnt speak English just polish and no one on could speak polish.

Are you alright with a English speaking community?

There was someone on today that couldnt speak English just polish and no one on could speak polish.

It may happen, as we have a limited amount of players and the majority is from english speaking countries.

If anyone happens to have problems with english, they probably will have some problems with playing Eternal Lands, even if the game has been translated into their language.

If you need a language different from English just ask around who can speak what. Personally I can manage with Portuguese and Spanish

This is a good question to add. With such a small community, it is hard to find too many people who speak your language. I speak a touch of Romanian (although I never learned to write it), but if someone were to come who only speaks Romanian, I'd find it too difficult to always be the one translating.

I can't imagine that a non-English speaker would stick around very long, which is the point of the this thread. We're certainly an international community over here, but still too small to accommodate non-English needs the way the main server can.

This is a good question to add. With such a small community, it is hard to find too many people who speak your language. I speak a touch of Romanian (although I never learned to write it), but if someone were to come who only speaks Romanian, I'd find it too difficult to always be the one translating.

I can't imagine that a non-English speaker would stick around very long, which is the point of the this thread. We're certainly an international community over here, but still too small to accommodate non-English needs the way the main server can.

nu ma bate la cap

nu ma bate la cap

:P but more politely