Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

No drops KF

[02:21:09] Warning! This leads into a PK(player killing) map.

[02:21:10] Welcome to Kilaran Field

[02:21:11] Warning! You just entered a PKing map! This means other players can attack you!

I don't see the problem. =)

-Gohan

:D gohy

Be nice now since Kf is no drops, if to help ranging become a part of PK , the mini map was disabled on PK maps, to allow archers to use the enviroment to sneak into range of players without sticking out like a sore thumb on the mini map (yes camo cape helps but not much)

:whistle:

The minimap is a client side feature, so it can't be (properly) disabled on a PK map, because it would only take a few lines of code in a hacked client to bypass that.

Besides, the minimap information (actors location) is already in your client's memory and mostly in your field of view.

Yeah kf gets full of low a/d pkers qith this ndd:))

I r low a/d but ima pkin dudes 15 a/d over me :whistle:

Finally a map where ppl can go PK and really have fun, and not just lose days of work in seconds. (plz dont say wear rostos or lvl up... thats getting old)

Im all for this change.

This way ppl can choose if they wanna risk their stuff but with a chance to win stuff and go to a real PK map, or just wear their best stuff and go and have some fun on those non drop maps, even if they get owned, at least they can try, and that seems fun to me.

Imo the most unbalanced thing about EL is the rate that u lose stuff is higher than the rate u get stuff.... so i think this would help the game a bit.

Imo the most unbalanced thing about EL is the rate that u lose stuff is higher than the rate u get stuff.... so i think this would help the game a bit.

Yeah, truth is, IRL there's no such thing as losing or spending money at a higher rate than getting it. Like for example, it takes a whole week of shopping at the mall to be able to spend the money you make in an afternoon of work.

why do you always compare your game to RL? why don't you die forever then once you get killed, just like in RL?

you didn't give a shit about the economy 2 years ago and now you make a big deal out of it. wonder why

why do you always compare your game to RL? why don't you die forever then once you get killed, just like in RL?

you didn't give a shit about the economy 2 years ago and now you make a big deal out of it. wonder why

Ok, this time you are out of the forums for good, you had enough chances.

Yeah, truth is, IRL there's no such thing as losing or spending money at a higher rate than getting it.
I'm not so sure. The record levels of consumer and credit-card debt in the US (and elsewhere) would imply that people do spend money faster then they can get it. As for losing money faster than getting it, I would submit that people can (and do) loose money gambling at a much faster rate than they can get it.

It seems to me that it's actually unusual for people today to save money (spend less than they make). Everything in society is pushing people to have all the latest and best toys NOW, and worry about having enough money to live on later.

Bringing this back on-topic. I think people in EL feel the same pressure to have all the latest toys. The difference is that some of them will use outside sources of funds ($$ spend in the EL store) as a form of "borrowing" to allow them to buy toys they can't actually afford (based on how much gc their char can make). And then one bad day of PKing will wipe them out causing them to repeat the cycle again.

Temp: '"mr i ban whoever proves that im wrong" could you please stop banning me for proving you talking bullshit? thanks

dont ban me, temp just asked me to post this for him :P

Edited by Peach

Ok, I think i am going to ban Mr. tempest in the game too, since we had a chat about this problem of his a while ago, and I see that he doesn't care much about doing what he said he will.

Yeah, truth is, IRL there's no such thing as losing or spending money at a higher rate than getting it. Like for example, it takes a whole week of shopping at the mall to be able to spend the money you make in an afternoon of work.

I think Roja has just returned from a Mall ;P j/k hehee

Temp: '"mr i ban whoever proves that im wrong" could you please stop banning me for proving you talking bullshit? thanks

dont ban me, temp just asked me to post this for him :P

So you are enabling him to bypass his punishment? Nice judgement call :laugh:

I'm not so sure. The record levels of consumer and credit-card debt in the US (and elsewhere) would imply that people do spend money faster then they can get it. As for losing money faster than getting it, I would submit that people can (and do) loose money gambling at a much faster rate than they can get it.

It was sarcasm.

Well, i like the KF nd thing. Losing PK points is enough for me :P this makes PK alot more fun and alot more people will PK. It looks like PK gets bigger since KF is a nd map. This makes EL more fun imo. Its not that im afraid of other PKers, but there are to much people with pr0 100's a/d so it seems the change of losing items (rosto) is getting to big :laugh: Also, more people with low fighting stats will learn to PK and everyone gets even BETTER in PK cause they pk more then usualy. I think this will make PK bigger..

Thanks for this update, i like the idea

KF it's very nice now I've had some damn good fights :( gained pki and lost it too :laugh: of course there are those ppl who catch your diss at 20 hp just for the sake of their score (you know who you are) but whatever I can live with that..Sometimes I have to trip to uw too :P All in all it's great fun... until I spend all my remaining gc :D but everyone has to harv sometimes.

Ok, we'll have it tonight.

hi :confused:

It's been a month now. Is KF gonna stay ND, or will it eventually be changed back? Just wondering :)