Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ermabwed

A/D Cap @ 130

thats really stupid idea,players are training couple of days for good skills,ex. a/d and now u will give cap on a/d 100? they were also noobs and trained that,so i dunno ,why u cannot train that urself also that high,and if u want this stupid low cap,go on test server,on main server is cap 130 stoopid idea

But think it this way: Those who already have a/d 130 or more, will be at least 172 a/d when someone, who starts playing now, get's a/d 130.

But anyways it's too late to make cap now, when there's maybe 50+ players over the lvl.

-so,u have to be there more often than stronger to train on their a/d

-think about that,they trained that also theirself ,why cannott u?

-a lot of rly good players stopped to play cause of that cap

-go train into arenas,there r caps or into guild maps

Fine as it is imo

I agree I mean I'm NO WHERE near the main cap and I don't think it's a good idea to make it lower, I may not build up fast but at some point I'll be there and when I hit a cap on most games I get bored with them cause then there's nothing to strive for.

Personally I'd like to never see an end to this game cause I love it so much but making caps sounds like the start of the end ;)

What can be done, and I am not sure if people would like it or not, is to cap a/d to 100 but ONLY for PKing purposes. So when you PK you are capped to 100 a/d, when not, not.

i prefer this idea than permanently capping it. IMO this would bring more people into pk though its a bit of a bitch for the likes of toomass so maybe even capping it a bit higher for pk purposes

Erma, if u dont train a/d, dont pk, dont use a/d skill, why the hell u suggest a/d cap? Go and make topic about potion cap ;]

rofl that's what i told him ingame :evilgrin:

What can be done, and I am not sure if people would like it or not, is to cap a/d to 100 but ONLY for PKing purposes. So when you PK you are capped to 100 a/d, when not, not.

I like the idea of capping only pk more than a/d cap,but I thin'k it could be percentually decreased,or every lvl over 100 in a/d would do only 0.25 a/d in PK or something like that

Hehe, who would have expected it? Lucy, Toom, kod and others deciding to post attempts at parody, some very nice work there which didn't fail to make me laugh, thanks guys! :D My personal favorite is Lucy with his "mad-cow-rant" and the contradiction in the follow up, next on my list is Toom with his oldschool ad hominem remarks spiced up with subtle hints in regards to recent school studies finds on reading comprehension as well as some general running of his mouth. Third comes kod in the "ficus" category. Thanks :pickaxe:.

On topic, while I still think a soft cap at 150 is too high and I would have no problem with a cap or soft cap on all skills at 130 (or whatever level, I guess a hard cap might be easier to implement on all than just on specific skills), Entropy has already settled the matter and decided to try something new to get more PK activity as well as indicated that he might try something related to the idea of this thread in the future; both of which I find laudable.

Hehe, who would have expected it? Lucy, Toom, kod and others deciding to post attempts at parody, some very nice work there which didn't fail to make me laugh, thanks guys! :) My personal favorite is Lucy with his "mad-cow-rant" and the contradiction in the follow up, next on my list is Toom with his oldschool ad hominem remarks spiced up with subtle hints in regards to recent school studies finds on reading comprehension as well as some general running of his mouth. Third comes kod in the "ficus" category. Thanks :P.

Don't worry, I'm sure they and all of us had a great laugh at this too, so I guess they wanted to return a favor. :>

-Gohan

the solution is simple, people need to grow some balls and just pk.

90% of who posted here spends more time looking for allies then pk and then come moan here they got no1 to fight.

point is, the pk community isnt so big, dont make it harder for yourself to find someone to pk by setting allies

90% of who posted here spends more time looking for allies then pk and then come moan here they got no1 to fight.

point is, the pk community isnt so big, dont make it harder for yourself to find someone to pk by setting allies

yes :P

and make small guilds :) so more people to pk also :] (this is one of the *CO* policy for "nono recruit" :] )

Edited by Michic0_oL

yes :)

and make small guilds :P so more people to pk also :] (this is one of the *CO* policy for "nono recruit" :] )

We pk? :P

-so,u have to be there more often than stronger to train on their a/d

-think about that,they trained that also theirself ,why cannott u?

-a lot of rly good players stopped to play cause of that cap

-go train into arenas,there r caps or into guild maps

U understood me wrong. I don't care if there is stonger peeps in game than me. I have 101/104 a/d char and I'm happy with it. It's just funny to fight someone with 20+ more a/d and try different weps on them etc. And I don't say it would be impossible to catch those a/d 130+ players, but it's hard. But still my target is not to be the strongest player in game or be able to pk all other players in game. Just have fun and get friends etc. So it doesn't really matter for me if a/d is capped to 130 or not. Both ways are fine for me.

Also capping a/d to 100 for pk is ok for me, if others like it (looks that they don't). Would make fights more even, but I don't really know if it would be fun that everyone are same a/d. With nowadays armors it would be really hard to kill anyone then. All fights would take 15 min before opponent runs out of SRs or HEs. So maybe it's better to keep it as it's now.

Edited by Miiks

You say you have nothing to gain or lose from this idea? How about your Inegrity? Fighters are unhappy enough with the caps and your poking your nose where it doesn't belong. Why would you post this if you yourself say you have nothing to gain in such a controversial topic to Post?

i couldnt say it better amen brother

//Boedha

Edited by Hardcore

I will spare you an epic essay:

I like the idea that you can level (almost) endlessly. Reaching the maximum possible is very unsatisfactory really soon afterwards.

So no.. I do not think this is a good idea.

Lack of caps (in any skills) is possible reason that discourages new players who are achievers to play the game, since they have no chance to catch up those who have been playing for years and are currently on top.

The only method to overcome this (apart from putting caps in place) is to add new skills to the game every couple of months and to do the best to set them up in such way that leveling is not entirely based on resources available. It seems engineering, tailoring and ranging fit the bill nicely, we will see how shapeshifting will develop as well.

Reaching the maximum possible is very unsatisfactory really soon afterwards.

I fully agree, when you max out everything, you'll enjoy it for a month, then boredom will strike ... been there, done that.

just got a great idea, Cap the amount of successfull hits/dodges to 120 each hour, trainers will do something else, possibly pk which is good

</sarcasm>