Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

Changes to client

I have added a couple of features to the item window:

Get All: Same as Get All on bag window but the bag does not need to be opened.

Store All: Store every item in your normal (not equipped) inventory window with one click. Storage window does not need to be opened [edit]if you have opened it previously[/edit]

Known issues:

Get All depending on your connection speed the button may require 2 clicks.

Store all used when you are not at storage will return the "You cannot access the storage from here!" message (once per occupied slot).

getandstoallbuttons.jpg

Edited by LabRat

Because that area is for the inventory item text.

Get All: Same as Get All on bag window but the bag does not need to be opened.
This one might be an issue since in the past there has been great resistence to even the idea of bags auto-opening when you stand on the (like after killing something). But I like it.

Store All: Store every item in your normal (not equipped) inventory window with one click. Storage window does not need to be opened.
This command is GREAT, and very useful.

The bag doesn't open if you walk on it, only if you click get all (which opens and closes it immediately), you still need to interact to make the items window and bag window open.

I personally like the idea of a "Sto all" function but it still works even if you have not already opened the storage window. This feels a bit weird at least and can produce a lot of failed attempts if you are out of range. How about limiting it so that you have to have the (non view only) storage window open at least; I know you can still walk away and have the same out of range errors. The "Get all" function is already available on the bag window so guess there is no problem there. For me, I'm not sure it adds a lot however as I have "Item window on drop" turn off normally.

Edited by bluap

Scenarios:

Mixing at storage, 1 click to put everything away (less on screen clutter)

Killing a large spider, extremely difficult to click on the bag to pick it up.

The get all button code only works on a bag you are currently stood on, for example a monster kill.

I will leave the patch as is for a short time, see what others say about it before I code it so the storage window is checked for before sending the command. Your idea does make sense however.

Killing a large spider, extremely difficult to click on the bag to pick it up.

Ah! I had not realised the new button could open the bag too! :P

Nice indeed but possibly controversial.

How is it controversial? It is just one step less (=less server load) than dropping a coin in the bag to open it (and you may have nothing in your inventory).

The same could be said about fighting in water, or in marshland, or anywhere the bag gets hidden.

How is it controversial?

Just that opening bags without clicking on them, or dropping stuff into them, has been discussed before. IMHO, your change is fine :)

If this is introduced, then please align the buttons to the grid of the inventory. Currently it looks really crappy.

I still think in the big view the 'drop all' button should go higher and a little smaller so the other 2 new buttons can go underneath it.

In the small window the 'drop all' button could be made squarish so all buttons can go next to eachother (maybe just put 1 char in it, like D, S, G with a hover message).

Edited by Cycloonx

I still think in the big view the 'drop all' button should go higher and a little smaller so the other 2 new buttons can go underneath it.

In the small window the 'drop all' button could be made squarish so all buttons can go next to each other (maybe just put 1 char in it, like D, S, G with a hover message).

Agreed, I think this would look nicer too.

Known issues:

Get All depending on your connection speed the button may require 2 clicks.

Store all used when you are not at storage will return the "You cannot access the storage from here!" message (once per occupied slot).

'Get All' always requires two clicks even with my ping of 35-40ms, can't you add a check for an open bag or add an delay and then send the get all items?

And for the 'Sto All' I agree with others it should be moved somewhere else, because there is a good chance to misslick when you change equipment and it just doesn't look right.

To check for an open storage window this works somehow but only if you haven't opened and closed a storage window yet.

(shouldn't the 'storage_win' reset to -1 when the window is closed?)

--- items.c	9 Sep 2008 22:13:30 -0000	1.155
+++ items.c	15 Sep 2008 18:27:26 -0000
@@ -819,7 +819,7 @@
	 }
 }
	// see if we clicked on the "Sto All" box
-	else if(mx>(win->len_x-27) && mx<win->len_x && my>52 && my<85){
+	else if(mx>(win->len_x-27) && mx<win->len_x && my>52 && my<85 && storage_win >= 0 && view_only_storage == 0){
	  for(pos=0;pos<36;pos++){
		   if(item_list[pos].quantity>0){											
				str[0]=DEPOSITE_ITEM;

I am loathe to move the 2 buttons next to the Drop All button even though it is a minor change. My reasoning basically involves all the complaints when someone clicks "Drop All" instead of "Get All" or "Store All" and loses their entire inventory.

I intend to move the equipment slots over to be centralised between the inventory and get all/store all buttons with a gap to separate them as has been suggested to me to prevent any accidental misclicks, and maybe move the 2 boxes slightly down away from the [X].

Comments appreciated as usual now you have my reasoning.

Thanks alberich, I will add your amendment forthwith.

At the moment you can use 'sto all' even if you haven't talked with the npc and have a storage window open.

Well I don't mind the talking part, but that your inv suddenly disappears without any kind of feedback scares me and I believe ent doesn't like accessing sto without open window either.

So we have to make sure that the storage window is open. "storage_win >= 0" only makes sure it exists but e.g. changing maps only hides the storage window and doesn't destroy it. So an additional check for "windows_list.window[storage_win].displayed == 1" should fix all issues except when you walk out of range but i don't see how to fix that.

--- items.c	9 Sep 2008 22:13:30 -0000	1.155
+++ items.c	15 Sep 2008 20:28:26 -0000
@@ -819,7 +819,7 @@
	 }
 }
	// see if we clicked on the "Sto All" box
-	else if(mx>(win->len_x-27) && mx<win->len_x && my>52 && my<85){
+	else if(mx>(win->len_x-27) && mx<win->len_x && my>52 && my<85 && storage_win >= 0 && view_only_storage == 0 && windows_list.window[storage_win].displayed == 1){
	  for(pos=0;pos<36;pos++){
		   if(item_list[pos].quantity>0){											
				str[0]=DEPOSITE_ITEM;

How about using the get_show_window(winid) function. It checks for winid > 0 and the displayed flag.

Edited by bluap

How about using the get_show_window(winid) function. It checks for winid > 0 and the displayed flag.

Yes, that seems the safest way, didn't know about such a function.

About the 'sto all' and 'get all', sounds good to me so far. Move the equipment a bit closer to the inventory to have enough space for the buttons and perhaps make them more look like the 'drop all' button, round edges and brown frame?

Edited by Alberich

About the 'sto all' and 'get all', sounds good to me so far. Move the equipment a bit closer to the inventory to have enough space for the buttons and perhaps make them more look like the 'drop all' button, round edges and brown frame?
I already moved the equipment slots away from the buttons.

I don't want round buttons as there is very limited space and the text won't fit in a circle.

I never noticed the green outline :) I'll go change it

Are you sure this "Get all" works?

I mean send the message to open the bag and get all items in the next step, I doubt this is possible with any connection.

I would check for an open bag with get_show_window(ground_items_win) (like bluap suggested), if there is one get all items else search for an bag to open and open it. (btw break the search when you found one)

You would have to click twice but so you don't send unnecessary packets to the server and atm you have to click twice anyway.

If you have previously opened the bag Get All will work with one click (open and empty in one click), if not get all needs to be clicked twice (open, get all).

Are you sure this "Get all" works?
Yes get all works. It is just a slight recode of the Get All on the bag window itself. When (if) the code is put in serverside for one click get all the change to the code will be trivial. Edited by LabRat

I hope labrat doesn't mind but I've been working on an addition to this patch.

What I was really after was a place to but a "Mix One/All" button so that you could repeat say a summons without having the manufacture window open. I tried a few things but none seemed very good. Then I noticed that I was using the new items windows buttons by having the window off the left side of the screen with only the buttons showing. I thought, how about adding a "Mix" button to accompany the Get & Sto buttons. So that's what I've done. I've also replaced the "Drop All" button with a fourth small square button and moved the positions of the buttons slightly.

Here's what I have now. The Mix button can be toggled between "Mix One" and "Mix All" using a single line right click context menu.

gallery_14814_13_24088.jpg

So what do people think?

I'll send them all to you when the reports come in regarding misclicking on Drop All - I had left it out of the way on purpose :medieval:.

I like the idea of the mix one/all button - having one less window open would make things easier in storage.

I'll send them all to you when the reports come in regarding misclicking on Drop All - I had left it out of the way on purpose :medieval:.

Well, you do have a good point. However, I prefer the look with all the buttons the same. Also, even if you do misclick, it would just go into a bag at your feet. Now that there is more space, the buttons could be spread out a little. I was also thinking of highlighting the individual button when your mouse is over it. Shall we see what others think?

Can those boxes be moved over like 2px? just so there's a border around them..it'd look better :pickaxe:

Darn, that was on my todo but I forgot. I'll certainly do that. :icon13: