Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

When was playername last online?

Ok I checked my records and found out when I created the directories on my old server.

The records span back to the beginning of February 2008 (I think but don't quote me).

lmao...

but can we know when dıd the track start?

my guess ıs january or february.

myself ı have only 30 days onlıne ;)

can't be too long ago, my Xfire says I've been online with about 117 hours (addict!) and I downloaded the Xfire update when I got back from vacation (7th of august) and Lab's website says I've been online for 45 days 8 hours 46 mins, so I think it's been logging for about 1 week, or a little more.

EDIT: I think his code didn't log everyone or something, as I read it's been logging since february :S

Edited by jvg

lmao...

but can we know when dıd the track start?

my guess ıs january or february.

myself ı have only 30 days onlıne :)

can't be too long ago, my Xfire says I've been online with about 117 hours (addict!) and I downloaded the Xfire update when I got back from vacation (7th of august) and Lab's website says I've been online for 45 days 8 hours 46 mins, so I think it's been logging for about 1 week, or a little more.

Think about what you just put.. you have been online for 45 days so the logging must be just over a week.. how long is a month in JVG land? ;)

Just noticed you are 3 hours ahead of me, I may have to tamper with your stats ;)

I would like to have Service Level 1, too.

Thx

Edit: Changed my mind (as fast as women do sometimes :o ) want to be completly removed from the records :pickaxe:

Edited by Nijura

Done :o

remove too please

Lartherel

I did the first time you asked. Then we spoke about it. You then went to service level 1. I am not running round after you. I have better things to do. Removed. Now forum ignored.

Gampa sorry I missed your earlier post. You are now service level 1.

Change of my policy. You want to amend your status more than once then please make a new post, I am not going through this thread 20 times a day.

For those of you that have not realised this - this site is basically a bit of fluff I did for the sake of it. Apart from the "is x online" and "x was last online" parts the rest is meaningless.

Who cares how long you have been ingame since February?

The information provided by this site is readily accessible both ingame (/gossip about x) and outside the game (the players online page). To save the inevitable 31000 edited records (which I really can't be arsed doing) I just scrapped it.

You should really put it back online, and for the people who don't want to be listed, ignore them :o

Way to ruin this tool for those who asked to be removed. It's not like anyone cares how much you've been online...

You should really put it back online, and for the people who don't want to be listed, ignore them :o

Way to ruin this tool for those who asked to be removed. It's not like anyone cares how much you've been online...

well i can fully understand the people who don't want this for privacy reasons. it's some kind of 3rd party that montiors your online activities without asking, so giving ppl at least a chance to disable it is absolutely a must. even if you think no one cares there are a few who do. :pickaxe:

What privacy?

You are in a game that lists the players online for the world to see. Anyone on Earth can do what I did.

Heck I'll even provide the source code.

The main reason I am the official mirror is to take the load from the EL server itself. I don't mind how much of a battering my server takes should others want to do what I did themselves.

You are in a game that lists the players online for the world to see. Anyone on Earth can do what I did.

there is a difference between just viewing the status page on one hand and creating a detailed record of activities of all players on the other, i believe that wasn't what you had in mind then creating this. i'm just pointing out that i see a possible privacy issue here.

everyone can do this (and even more) but that doesn't mean that you have no reason to think about what you're doing.

Heck I'll even provide the source code.

this is nothing about code & license stuff its about collecting data

Ugh. Whining about something tracking how much time you have in EL and when you were online last. Big deal people.

Is it just that you are afraid of a gm pruning you from a guild or something?

At this rate, please someone else set this up.

That way, people can complain and be ignored. :P

Labrat, thanks for Trying to help the EL community.

Sorry to hear so many people decided to be so "oh no....the system is tracking me!" like they were.

Agreed nathan. This is crazy that they would complain over this...

If your that worried about how much time you actually spend on EL then just stop playing so much instead of blaming Labrat for adding a great new feature to EL really. :/

If you want to know to your online time ask bluap to add the feature to the counters, that way it will both be more accurate and private. That way you can actually choose to share it or not. Same as some people choose to share their stats with everybody or even hide their names from the top lists or share their picture on forums or not. I don't think it's asking too much to be removed from this listing, gossip as the listed alternative provides that feature as well and nobody ever complained about this or much about the other three examples above.

As for 'anybody can do it', sure, but it certainly goes beyond anything a mirror does or should do. Anybody can find out your phone number and call you without your consent at dinner time and try to sell you windshield wipers, oh wait, that's illegal (here) and would be a very expensive prank for the caller... Anyways, as stated above, getting your online time to be part of the counters will be a much better alternative and if anybody else wants to start this collection again he now knows to include the obvious option to opt-out of it :)