Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Be your own pet

Sounds great to me :) I've always wanted to become a shapeshifting ^_^

As for the questions about the shapeshifting temple in Melinis.. at one point, we were planning minor gods. That temple was going to be for the minor god of shapeshifting. We never finished it because the idea was trashed and the shapeshifting skill wasn't definite. As far as I know, sistema (melinis's mapper) was turning it into a bunch of summoning arenas.

I saw this comming becuase you were wandering around as hobs dragons and such ;)

Kool i cant wait to shape shift

You missed when Mortos what a Giant 2x size spider then. There has been support for this in the client for a looong time. It's just been a case of how exactly did Ent want to make it available.

What about the possibility of having to buy special food, lets call it "morph grains" that you could purchase at a NPC for less the the stones but help you to stay morphed longer?

Other than that pr0 idea radu ;)

Also, to protect from obvious abuse maybe allow you to only prolong being morphed for a certain amount of time before you have to use another stone.

Edited by Paul Brown

What about the possibility of having to buy special food, lets call it "morph grains" that you could purchase at a NPC for less the the stones but help you to stay morphed longer?

Other than that pr0 idea radu ;)

Yes, this is one of the posibilities, but we'll have to do a lot of fine tunning. I guess we'll spend a lot of time testing it before it's going to go live.

Furthermore, this client does not support displaying a new skill, so I am not sure if I will wait for a client update or not (the skill will work fine, just no exp bars, or any info in the skills tab).

Now for a question:

Could (trade) bots use these tokens?

Furthermore, this client does not support displaying a new skill, so I am not sure if I will wait for a client update or not (the skill will work fine, just no exp bars, or any info in the skills tab).

Just a general idea: Would be nice if we could select what skills we can see in the HUD(i mean i dont wanna stare at all the skills i dont do [being the fighter that i am], so whats the point of having them sitting there), with a max display of 10(?) skills, would this solve the problem?

WOW! Very intriguing. It looks like it will deal with alot of peoples request for a backpack or mule. As well as add interest and more aspects. *I can't wait to turn into a woodsprit to rush through pk areas to the hydro!*

Wonderful idea! And defintily interesting. I might even start bring things back to life *never summoned* No matter when it is implemented I look forward to see this new skill.

Marvellous idea, I can see no flaws in it (yet ;)) Two thumbs up!

I wonder what will a mule get it's experience from :] (as a peaceful harvester I'm interested in that form the most, though a skill as a whole seems VERY interesting).

Will there be restrictions on what shape can be used where? (a yeti or a cockatrice on IP would scare a lot of newbs). If you are muling something heavy and your time expires, will you drop the excess weight? Will other players be able to attack you if you morph into something that is usually huntable, like a rabbit, bear, etc?

What will happen to equipped items? I'm guessing most creatures won't be able to use armor or weapons. Would it be dropped or moved to your inventory?

Other than used for a specific goal (carry extra EMU or used as a spy), would the creature be able to do something extra, which would allow to advance the main character?

What will happen to equipped items? I'm guessing most creatures won't be able to use armor or weapons. Would it be dropped or moved to your inventory?

Other than used for a specific goal (carry extra EMU or used as a spy), would the creature be able to do something extra, which would allow to advance the main character?

You won't be able to polymorph while having items on you, or wear items while polymorphed.

Will there be restrictions on what shape can be used where? (a yeti or a cockatrice on IP would scare a lot of newbs). If you are muling something heavy and your time expires, will you drop the excess weight? Will other players be able to attack you if you morph into something that is usually huntable, like a rabbit, bear, etc?

I am still thinking on what to do, but I guess that the best solution is not to be able to move if you have excess weight.

I'm just not sure about the mule idea. If it only lasts for 2 minutes, how can you mule with it? Or will the mule have longer times?

Excellent question. Even if you bring all the ings with you to the bag and then shapeshift into a mule there, 2 minutes is a pretty short time, unlikely to allow you more than one trip to sto and back. I guess it would depend on the cost of turning into a mule whether it's worth 2 minutes or not.

Overall the shape shifting is a great idea (though I'm not sure I understood all the details on a/d and whatnot). How this makes for pets I'm not sure, but it should be fun seeing people turn into creatures and back.

lilcnoot

I Love this idea =D, but I dislike the idea of having a high summoning level (60) to make tokens. IIRC, you can make summoning stones at level 30, shouldnt you be able to do the same with tokens? Just a thought, thats the only complaint I have, other than that, when can we expect to see this skill? Would it be a gold sink like archery (or as much of a gold sink)?

ı cant waıt to change ınto a gıant and have great emu ;)

even ıf that ısnt the case ıll just shapeshıft coz ıt ıs cool and fun

great ıdea :P

Couldn't you shapeshift into lower level animals for lower summoning levels, then when you progress further you can become a greater creature?

Edited by Cleo

Sounds cool

and depsite ppl proberbly wanting it ingame yesterday, I for one hope you take your time, and maybe introduce Shapeshift specific creatures, which imo would be better,more unique and more fun than shapeshifting into creatures we already have ingame ( I know it would require client update, but I wouldnt mind waiting )

1. Summoners will make shape shifting tokens (starting level 60 or so summoning). Possibly an NPC will also sell them at a higher cost.
Why restrict token creation to only the higher level summoners? Make the NEW creatures (mule, Phoenix, etc) tokens need a high level to create them. But in order to make this more available to everyone: if you can summon a creature, then you can make a token for it. A rabbit may have no useful skills or abilities, but everyone would be able to create those tokens and start working on their shape-shifting skill.

Some people will develop both skills (summoning, shape-shifting) together. Some will be suppliers only (summoners) and others will be consumers only (shape-shifters) buying their tokens.

A level 0 shape-shifter will need to practice with rabbits and rats just as a level 0 summoner does. Shape-shifting will have recommended skill levels for each creature just as summoning does. This will provide a complete range of tokens for different summoning levels to create and different shape-shifters to use.

If having so many tokens is a problem, then perhaps have a fewer number of tokens (say 4-6, like: small animal, large animal, small/medium/large/huge monster). You then use a small animal token plus something unique to that animal to shape-shift. A small animal token plus a rat tail turns you into a rat. A small token plus a fox fur turns you into a fox. Not as easy as having unique tokens, but a workable alternative.

I am wondering, you said if you add the new skills before a client update (yes pl0x) there wouldn't be a status bar or any info on the skill.

But if you did, would it be possible for a server-side command to see exp/level? (e.g. #exp command?)

I like this idea in general, just have a couple of thoughts:

You said the tokens will be more expensive from the NPC, but I think it might be better to make them cheaper, so that if summoners choose to level up on tokens, they will lose money. People already complain that summoning stones have spoiled the summoning skill. It would be better not to let a small group of summoners make fast gc and exp.

I much prefer the idea of maintaining the shapeshifted form by eating food rather than having to repeatedly use tokens, and I also think its important to know when you will return to your normal form, so my idea would be this: when in your shapeshifted form, you lose food points at a rate dependent on your shapeshifting level, and so you can easily look at your food bar to see how long you have left. While in the shapeshifted form, only the special food would work to raise your food level.

Alternatively, this idea could use the the mana bar* or health bar* (in Acelons thread it was suggested that when you die in shapeshifted form, you simply return to your normal form).

*In this way, certain attribute set-ups would favour shapeshifting