Eternal Lands Official Forums
syni

PK

Alright well there have been tons of threads about PK how its dead etc etc..I think we need to address the matter and talk about it like adults not children ;). PK is now for the most part dead there are probably only a max of 10 ppl pking everyday. We all complain to Ent/radu blaming it all on him its not just his fault. we are all to blame for how pk is now a days. alot of the updates recently have made PK worse Ros stones in EL shop has also made it worse. but instead of complaining about the updates and ros stones etc. how about you try and fix PK and make the best of it? ALL of us players that PK use a ros stone why is that? because we are afraid to lose our stuff and that makes PK worse us being cowards and afraid to lose pixels how about we start pking with no ros stone? theres an golden idea big deal with no ros you cant bring 1m+ worth of items with you in your inv. but the pluses of PKing with no ros if you kill someone they will drop and you get profit if you die you lose your items giving someone else profit and that will start to make PK profitable again. WAIT before you start thinking "OMG BUT WHAT IF PPL WITH UBER ITEMS/MAGIC COME AND PK ME AND I R LOSE MY PIXELS THAT NOT COOL" loseing is part of life you cant always win ;) same gose for games. There are ALOT of other MMORPGs and myself i have played atleast 5 different MMORPGs and they all have PK ppl lose items and gain items in PK its what makes PK PK if you dont lose anything or gain anything you should just call it "FF friendly fighting" or "Dueling" In some Games ppl pk with items worth Millions With nothing like a ros stone and they may have worked months to get these items but they dont care? No matter what you can always get somthing again if you lose it ;). Items there are alot of overpowered weps armors & magic(such as harm) alot of ppl say they dont PK because of this hate to tell you ppl but there are always gonna be items and magic like that in any online game ;) So you just have to deal with it.Threads on forums about PK everyone knows there have been tons of posts on forum about PK. ideas how to fix it ppl complaining and others starting huge flame wars.for 1 alot of ideas ppl have posted about how to make PK better have been good others just sucked lol. 2 complaining is not going to fix anything Ent/Radu know's that PK is Dead you dont have to complain to him and flame him. Ent/radu i will say alot of updates about 75% of them have been kick ass but others really have made things in PK worse. Thats really all i have to say but my point is we are all to BLAME for "DEAD PK" 50% of it is players being cowards Flaming Ent/Radu and other mods about PK and being part of the problem not the solution and the other 50% is Ent/Radu making updates that only make it worse and not wanting to listen to us players when we try to tell him how we feel about it.

(READ PLEASE.)

(Note: I'm sorry for my Grammer & Spelling and for my rambling)

I did not make this thread to flame Ent/radu or any of the mods I did not make it to say all the work they have put into updates are just to piss off players. I Also did not make this thread to Flame Pker's or Players since i'm a pker and player in EL myself. I made this thread to talk about PK in EL and ways to change it for the better. and because i'm sick of PK being the way it is and ppl complaning If i offend anyone i'm sorry.

-Syni

Edited by syni

Good point, except, rosto stones are important in this game, becasue if you are very over matched, then death can happen with in seconds. No one wants to lose 100k items in 2 seconds.

I personalt think lowering the cost of rostos to 1 dollar each, having them cheaper will mean more people will be out fighiting....testing their stuff as there is much less to lose when you get sent to the underwould. Ndd is very popular just for this same reason.

Secondly, I get the feeling that the devs dont want this game to be Just another hack-em-up killem all kind of game, they would like more depth, and more stragegy from their players. Which is possibly why the price of rostos is kept where it is.

I really dont know what to say, other then, if you think pk is dead, throw on a steel chain and an iron helm and get a tit long, and go out and just have fun with it.

... how about we start pking with no ros stone?
Of course there's already a map that supports this, but I don't think it gets used for PK much. My guess is that people like their toys more than they hate the use/cost of rost stones.

And if you like the idea of cheap PK (inexpensive armor) you can always wander over to the PK server and do it instead of just talking about it.

uh...i have an idea, how about reduce chance of losing items when dying to 10% or even 5% ("careful guy" perk would reduce it for 1-2% maybe) and remove rost completly?

... how about we start pking with no ros stone?
Of course there's already a map that supports this, but I don't think it gets used for PK much. My guess is that people like their toys more than they hate the use/cost of rost stones.

And if you like the idea of cheap PK (inexpensive armor) you can always wander over to the PK server and do it instead of just talking about it.

look what a way it is to enter the map.

KF is central, TD is the ass of seridia.

+ no1 forces u to take oldschool gear, so high lvls just come with COL etc

ffs again....

Indeed.

Too much needs to be changed befor anything will happen with PK, same as PK Server, no PK there either lol.

So let me get this straight.

You expect the PK'ers; competitive, prideful and adversarial people who generally hate to lose to go into PK in crap gear so any given person 20 a/d under them who's gone into PK with pr0 gear and with a rosto will kick them straight to hell in a 1-vs-1 fight?

GL with that.

All it takes is for one person to not agree to these terms you want all PK'ers to play by and it all goes out the window, and there'll always be at least one opportunist (most likely a lot more than one) who wont play by the rules your asking everyone to play by.

Expecting the players to 'fix' PK simply will never work, you will never get everyone to comply to some ruleset that's not enforced by the game. The only way to make it better is if the game itself forces it to be better.

My2Cents.

Edited by Korrode

ffs again....

Indeed.

Too much needs to be changed befor anything will happen with PK, same as PK Server, no PK there either lol.

Peace-loving community = No PK and a outlaws whiners forum. ;)

-Gohan

Peace-loving community = No PK and a outlaws whiners forum. ;)

-Gohan

Was the former outlaws forum ever used for anything else than whining or talking loads of BS?

The name change to whiners forum is absolutely ok IMO ;)

And if you want to PK, as usual, just go in cheap stuff. If you kill someone, be happy, if someone kills you

and gets your stinking leather pants, just laugh right in his face.

But if you dont want to PK but whine, just post in forums..

Seriously, there are so many ppl posting in such threads, why dont you all get some leather stuff and a bone and meet

eachothers in a PK map?

Piper