Eternal Lands Official Forums
rasberrybeard

Are you an EL oldbie?

Are you an EL oldbie?  

320 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been playing EL?

• 4+ years or More.
    • 3+ years
    • 2+ years
    • 1+ years
    • 1 year or less.

I remember starting about 1-2 months before cooldown was introduced... although I have no clue when that was

News of Game Updates, 2005-12-09, I started at around the same time as shamara, September 05.

edit: voted 1 year + AND 2 year + as both is true :)

Edited by Ermabwed

I know for certain I started playing EL in early/mid March of 05.

That puts me at nearly three and a half years.

To me, the term oldbie in relation to EL will always place original char creation before the time of the infamous crash/wipe (summer of 04?)

While I consider myself an EL veteran... I don't quite meet my own definition of 'oldbie'

(but quite a lot of friends are)

eek i know i been here more than 4 yrs now coz i was 60-70's a/d when you started lol ... but i'm on my 3rd char now and dont play to much so am an oldbie on a newbie char lol

i think it was september 2003. Before this forum existed (there was another), when the characters where see-through, and when we would celebrate when there where more than 10 people online at the same time :)

So yeah, i am an oldbie

Just after youngest son was born (might have been just before, but I don't think so). Late Jan or possibly early Feb 06

Needed something to keep me in on an evening when I was away from my family so looked for and found a good game :medieval:

Idk when exactly i started, but i did play for a long time (most likely in 04). i was introduced to the forums when chaos_knight scammed my iron plate. -_-

I started July 7th of '07, - why I remember, I do not know. So 1 year and a week or so for me :medieval:

Edit: changed year to '07 (not '08) of course (it was very late when I posted, hehe)

Edited by XenaMT

don't remember exacly, but i think it was in aug of '05...give or take a few weeks (or even a month) ;)

Idk when exactly i started, but i did play for a long time (most likely in 04). i was introduced to the forums when chaos_knight scammed my iron plate. -_-

lmao

;)

Piper

It was about 3 years ago iirc. I was 16 or 17 when I started and now I'm 20, so should be about 3 years or little over ;) But have got couple long and not so long breaks, so can't really say I have played whole time.

I remember starting about 1-2 months before cooldown was introduced... although I have no clue when that was

News of Game Updates, 2005-12-09, I started at around the same time as shamara, September 05.

edit: voted 1 year + AND 2 year + as both is true ;)

woah, the cooldown was like 2 1/2 yrs ago? seems like not NEAR that long..damn..

4+ years myself.

- Godfather

Edited by BEAVER

I started when I was 15, now i'm 20. Says enough? :)

Says 4-6 years :(

I started July 7th of '08, - why I remember, I do not know. So 1 year and a week or so for me ;)

Says: 13 days. :P

I know exactly when I started. It was a holiday weekend. I started September 5th of 2005 so I am very close to three years now. :) Had a couple of short breaks but I was the major reason cooldown was winning the poll before someone hacked it. :) Taking 30 seconds to make a bar only to have it fail really sucked. :D Now we have cooldown and ways around it and it takes only 3 seconds at most to make anything. Much better. :)

Tirun

Hmm, the first time I landed it was early March 2003 (version 000_660) and am still enjoying it every groovy day.

Nardo Lala

Group: Members

Member No.: 16

Wow Nardo you are prolly the oldest player who isnt a dev...

Edited by rasberrybeard

I think EL was at release 0.75 Alpha (just before going to Beta) when I started playing. It must have been October or November. I am pretty sure I found it looking at slashdot.org - maybe it was on the freshmeat list. I was looking for a free game that I could play on Linux.

Edited by Puntif

Nardo Lala

Group: Members

Member No.: 16

Wow Nardo you are prolly the oldest player who isnt a dev...

Don't go entirely by member numbers. Everyone had to re-register after the old forum was replaced on the 20th, and some took longer than others to do so :D. Probably the first ~150 members registered on the forum had accounts before the change was made.

Edited by crusadingknight

I've been around for a looong time...

I remember playing it when the game first came out in February for about an hour and then that was it. I quit without joining the forums on Eternal-Lands.net (I believe that was what it was called). I came back within that year, my guess is sometime in that summer. I came back later once more things were implented pretty much.

Ignore my forum join time. Back then I didn't even know what a forum was :D

4+ years for me :)

edit:typo

Edited by kat