Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

Invasions

Is it just me or has there been a serious lack of Invasions for European Time zone players (nearly 50% of the player base) ? While at the same time there has been at least 4 or 5 (maybe more not sure) for other timezone's.

But nice once in a while to have an invasion start before midnight Gmt, maybe even alternate the timezone they are aimed at, instead of 4 for one and none for the other.

Views Ppl ?

I have felt that way as well, although with the 2 major ring-leaders for invasions (Radu and Acelon) both being American-based, I can understand. Still.... :rolleyes:

I have felt that way as well, although with the 2 major ring-leaders for invasions (Radu and Acelon) both being American-based, I can understand. Still.... :rolleyes:

I understand that as well Xena, and with it being summer the last thing they want is to be stuck in front of a comp if its nice outside..... but surely there is 1 or 2 mods with enough trust to be able to run Euro invasions ? ( and yes I know Thy does the odd one now and again which is great)

Edit:

I know being able to access the system (afaik maybe wrong) to run invasions means alot of trust Radu has to put into ppl, so not sure if its possible to make like Invasion summon stones. Each stone would summon 10-20 of a certain type of Invasion creature ie: Trolls stones,feros stones, Dragon stones etc... these could then be used by mods to run invasions, they dont need to have access to anything vital then

Edited by conavar

Although I haven't been too active in the last invasions that did take place at times that were reasonable for me due to my silly anti invisi invasion bagjumpers protest, I have to say I have been noticing the same.

Seen as my protesting times are in the past I would like to have a nice invasion again, so yeah Con.. once again I agree with you here.

Would be nice if it could be arranged.

There were some invasions in the morning for Europe (starting at like 9 AM GMT).

And in the other invasions, I see many European players as well, so it's not a big problem. Of course, can't make everyone happy.

Not that I complain about lack of invasions for Europe, but at 9 am Europeans are usually working hard for their rl bricks :rolleyes:

Maybe we could make more use of a Calendar feature and have at least one or two scheduled invasions per month ? This way no one would be in position to complain that he has missed them all (sick leave ftw !)

Is it just me or has there been a serious lack of Invasions for European Time zone players (nearly 50% of the player base) ? While at the same time there has been at least 4 or 5 (maybe more not sure) for other timezone's.

But nice once in a while to have an invasion start before midnight Gmt, maybe even alternate the timezone they are aimed at, instead of 4 for one and none for the other.

Views Ppl ?

I don't get to log on much nowadays but I remember when there used to be one after 6pm a few times a week and if not on the weekends with the ever so lovely NDD. Its those that I miss (not just the NDD ones) as I'm either at college from 9am-5:30pm and/or working 5:00pm-10pm :cry: so it would be nice to see some in the late evening if it could be possible :)

Lang :happy:

We could try to run some more invasions for European time zones. It's just a matter of time.

What bothers us is the fact we do not want people to get bored or too used to invasions. They always should be something special.

I'm sure we could expect Thy's invasion Act 3 somehow this month (hopefully :happy: ). As Event Team manager, I promise we will look for some other opportunities as well.

I liked Acelons his invasions,

nice info about where/what it is..

and isnt gone in few mins, so u don't come there

and its over, nice long invasions :)

btw, what happend to the weekend NDD? :/

i think people got tired of ndd

and we can't get invasion tokens when its ndd

Edited by daiske1

i think people got tired of ndd

and we can't get invasion tokens when its ndd

I wasn't talking about NDD and invasion @ the same time,

i'm just wondering why we don't get weekend ndd's anymore :w00t:

ThanX for the invasion ent,

First helped defend PL agains Gobs n Ferans

Then bagged my first 2 ACW from the walls of ida

=) 25 left, go get em

(DISCLAIMER: This post isn't intended to piss people off, to start flame wars or anything of the like, it's just my personal feeling about today. So I hope we can keep it clean.)

Today's invasion was really cool, it was BIG, with over 1000 monsters, my favorite pets in there, the Dragons (\o/) which I totally love.

It lasted quite long and it was a lot of fun to me. I did take the side of the monsters over those of my fellow ELers today, but I had fun nonetheless, it actually added more spice as I got an extra challenge in EVTR when people started trapping all over the place with mines and caltrops. (Which luckily can be spotted from miles away. :))

Personally I thought it was really cool, fun and hope to get more days like this. =)

-Blee

(DISCLAIMER: This post isn't intended to piss people off, to start flame wars or anything of the like, it's just my personal feeling about today. So I hope we can keep it clean.)

Today's invasion was really cool, it was BIG, with over 1000 monsters, my favorite pets in there, the Dragons (\o/) which I totally love.

It lasted quite long and it was a lot of fun to me. I did take the side of the monsters over those of my fellow ELers today, but I had fun nonetheless, it actually added more spice as I got an extra challenge in EVTR when people started trapping all over the place with mines and caltrops. (Which luckily can be spotted from miles away. :))

Personally I thought it was really cool, fun and hope to get more days like this. =)

-Blee

So does this mean you have "One"? :lipssealed:

It lasted quite long and it was a lot of fun to me. I did take the side of the monsters over those of my fellow ELers today, but I had fun nonetheless, it actually added more spice as I got an extra challenge in EVTR when people started trapping all over the place with mines and caltrops. (Which luckily can be spotted from miles away. :lipssealed:)

-Blee

Pretty sure your posts arent what might piss people off Blee.

Your actions though ...um :):lipssealed:

Awww i missed another one :( Hope everyone had lots of fun in the invasion and hopefully i'll be dieing right next to you in the next one :)

nice and unexpected invasion :) (tho had to postpone our in-guild event but wtv)

killed a few yetis, achims and helped with dragons, which was way more than I expected I was capable of :)

it's a pity tho we didnt make it in time because of you know who... but wtv, nice invasion :(

The invasion was fine, we worked hard to achieve a nice day for the EL community. Gohan and LuciferX ruined the fun, however, and I doubt I'll wasted my resources in future invasions to face that kind of

fun to me

[15:58:45] [PM from Gohan: btw, I left chan 6 a bit ago, I was only aiming to take away the chance at special day]

After he thwarted our ability to get a special day, we still managed to get the number of invaders to 1--a white dragon in hulda where LuciferX was waiting with brod:

[15:54:26] DMan was hit with the branch of destruction!

[15:58:40] LuciferX: gohan is the one that told me u were there :bow_arrow:

These invasions are difficult enough without people like this working against the community. It doesn't help to put monsters that take forever to kill in pk areas. Radu did say that in the next update he would make invasion monsters incapable of being healed.

Anyway, Gohan and LuciferX may have had fun, but it was at the expense of the community, imo.

I really understand it destroyed the Fun and the chance of an Special Day for those who worked on it with fighting the invasion monsters.

But after all just IMHO its an roleplaying game... everyone can choose their own part what they want to play as.. i think making the Monsters not be able to be healed is a step in the wrong direction as if

people chose to be on the.. well lets call it dark side.

Limiting the Possibilities for those players is wrong i think, i just remember FURY, an official announced

roleplaying Outlaw guild, sure they annoyed a hell lot of ppl but i respected em for not going with the

flow and finally bringing some spice into the game.

I personally hope Radu reconsidders the decision of making the Monster not healable.. or atleast finding an compromise that would please both sides.

Anyways.. thats just my oppinion on that matter.

or atleast finding an compromise that would please both sides.

Ok, make anyone who heals an invasion monster pk'able for 5 minutes after each heal. Now that's spice.