Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SolarStar

Ebay Platform in Eternal Lands itself

Well its not exactly me that came up with the idea but i heard about it from many other games that became famous among MMORPG. So i can only guess why we're not have such a thing in EL yet which could be: 1) it is too complicated to make 2) there are good reasons for not having such a platform.

:confused: Well let me first explain what i mean with this platform of ebay-kind inside EL. Its a place where you can buy and sell your items. You can always see the prices of the item and you can see how many are currently availible. Such a portal can have a very direct effect on prices. Another advantage i see is that you can sell items and you dont have to be necessarily online 24/7. In my imagination its build like your storage.. you talk to an NPC and open it. Its not a window but a compleat screen like the console.

But i dont know very much about it really. What are your experiences with such trading in-game platforms ??

Or why could you imagine it is not good to have such a thing. Please post when you gave it some thougth,thx.

Solar

Yeh i had this in my Mind too this Auctionhouse idea. but i personally dont like posting suggestions that i saw

in other games.

Nontheless its a very nice idea. especially for the ppl not beeing able to be online alot to advertise their stuff

manually in market chan all the time. Plus with the Auctionhouse you can always have the chance of getting

more money out of the item you sell.

I would support this idea very much. i just sadly doubt this will be going to happen.

I have also played games in which auction houses are used. However, although they are nice, these games also have a way to post items to their other alts.

Seeing we do not have multiplay here with alts, I see that Auction houses would only circumvent the no trading with your alt circumstances.

For example: SheeshMule1 "auctions" 10k silver ore real cheap and then logs out. Sheesh logs on immediately and buys it all. In essence, I am

benefiting thru illegal multiplay even though I "bought" said items.

Point is, as the system is working now, with illegal multiplay being a huge factor on our playstyle (we cant have any), I do not think this would work, not

to mention how much programming it may take.

Just my 2gc worth.

It's a good idea, but it is too complicated to implement. If someone wants to do it through a bot or some external website, that's OK.

@Sheesh: That won't work, because if the auctions are open, someone else will bid a higher price.

It's a good idea, but it is too complicated to implement. If someone wants to do it through a bot or some external website, that's OK.

@Sheesh: That won't work, because if the auctions are open, someone else will bid a higher price.

Not the way the Auction houses work in other games like WOW and similar games of this sort. There is a buyout price to get it all at once. If just an open end auction, then yes. But the buyout is the clencher.

Not the way the Auction houses work in other games like WOW and similar games of this sort. There is a buyout price to get it all at once. If just an open end auction, then yes. But the buyout is the clencher.

You can just check it like it's done with bags. Now you can also just drop a bag and log on with another character to pick it up. I'm pretty sure there is an ip check or something like that to find the last owner of the bag, etc etc etc. If you want to prevent illegal multiplay in those auctions it's possible to do.

I believe Labby created a external site for auctions already...

Not sure what it was though