Eternal Lands Official Forums
LadyBea

Gods of Eternal Lands

Over the years I have been playing, there has been mention of all the gods in Eternal Lands.

Some have appeared and some still not in game. Right at the moment I have 3 gods that I worship, but maybe with a few more added we might be able to have 4?

I’d like to see the potion Goddess Jayden and also Elandria – Goddess of Alchemy - and Lucca – Goddess of Harvesting - brought into game.

These ones already have their temples in place.

Elandria The Goddess of Alchemy. Desert Pines

Lucca The Goddess of Harvesting. Roanoff Island

Jayden The Goddess of Potion. Morcraven,

For the fighers (and do they really need more gods?) I have no idea where the temples are for these ones..

LaForge (Gnome) The God of Engineering

Xiao (Dark Elf) The God of Ranging

The P2P races even have Gods.. Note from Acelon: These races are currently for storyline only... there are no future plans for these gods being for the designated races ONLY. If they are added one day, they will be for everyone.

Iringold (Gold Dragon) The Father of the Draegoni

Dvar (Dwarf) Father of Dwarves and Gnomes

Edited by Acelon

For Elandria, Jayden, and Lucca, I have the quests written and ready to go, we just need Ent to find time to code them :P

Xiao and LaForge are still being developped (storyline, quest, and temple-wise). I'm sure they can be speed up if needed (I have the quests partially written, wouldn't take long to finish the rough draft and begin the proofing process).

Iringold and Dvar are currently storyline-only gods. If they ever have quests ingame, it more than likely will not be skill-related.

Maybe if enough people show interest, he'll move them up on the priority list :P

Edited by Acelon

Iringold and Dvar are currently storyline-only gods. If they ever have quests ingame, it more than likely will not be skill-related.

Then maybe we need a goddess for the Humans, and another one for the elves like me???????

Personally I'm defintily interested. I always wanted to take the god of alchemy, and only took other gods to fill those spots until she(?) came out. Plus its such a pretty temple!

And personally I know of one eprson *looks at the purple girl* who would really love to see the pot god!

I am defintily with ladybea!

Edited by guinevereanne

Then maybe we need a goddess for the Humans, and another one for the elves like me???????

Heh, well Elandria is the goddess of humans... and Aluwen is the goddess of Elves. The God for orchans... you'll see soon :P

I would LOVE to see the Gods finally added.. i have been waiting on the alchemy god since i started playing EL.. and the harvest god would be awsome.. plus. if the so called "Story line gods" had quests. it would be really cool (i am a dragoni would be awsome to have the god in dry syn and have special quests for a reward of some kind that only a dragoni could do.(same for all the races)).

but mostly i just want to see the skill gods put in place.. i would defnatly leave mortos to join the alchemy god and harvest god.b/c he seems to be enemies w/ them.. :/

i'd really like to see those gods ingame too particularly (mostly jayden, lucaa and elandria) i've waited for those gods since i started playing, and other additions and changes to the game (great as they have all been) imo are not as important as the gods...i dont even have godless or serve any other temporary gods...what a devoted servant i am ^^

id like to see the rest of the gods implemented :P even tho im godless :P

Edited by Suskie

For Elandria, Jayden, and Lucca, I have the quests written and ready to go, we just need Ent to find time to code them :P

Awe-some!!

You serve: Aluwen, Unolas.
<- I have the third spot left open since teh beginning of time...

:P

Bring on LaForge! Would have been nice before I levelled into the 60's, but better late than never! :P

actually i think all the gods should be implemented yes, but also every god should be a character ingame which

would give lots of opportunities for event, no matter if rp, fight or mixing. since every god has enemy gods the events could be settled as competition between two gods where the mere mortals choose their favourite god and work for him. would bring some team afford back and a good competition where its not about whos the fastest etc, rather about who works together the best.

I like what i see which could happen in the future if the gods were finally available with quests and also in person.

Na, I think race-based gods should be another advantage to those who have paid, and give some sort of gameplay bonus, although I can't image what...Might convince more non-fighters to buy p2p.

BTW:

Aluwen, God Of Defense is located in Corren Village in DP

Mortos, God Of Attack is in Naralik Catacombs...

#edit: Clarified a few things

Edited by Shujral

I don't think the P2P/non-P2P Gods should be implemented anyway. The only real reason we have them is to explain some history and belief IMO :pickaxe:

But yeah! Let's see those other Gods in soon! I'd definitely take the Potion God's quest, I've been holding one spot free for ages :happy:

Although I am game godless, and have been since before the "Crash of '04", I support the idea. I think that as the basic structure is there (temples and such) and the quests for many have already been developed, there is very little real need to keep them out of the game.

It will add a new dimension... especially if folks have to still only choose 3... they would have to choose carefully. Those with game gods can be happy, and we with the godless perk won't be too bothered.

Add me to the "Yes please" column.

Stewbaby

I'm with Scorpius - new gods in the game, and a character for each, to be used for special events.

Also, this could be a nice opportunity to differentiate the relationship between Gods and their followers. The new gods should not necessarily provide just an exp bonus and a blessing; they could also provide different forms of bonuses (or maluses). For example, Alchemy is already a skill most people has well developed; there is probably no incentive to have an exp bonus in Alchemy. On the other hand, a follower of the God could get as bonus, say, a decreased failure rate when mixing alchemy item (or, a marginally better chance at making enriched versions - but we already have the arti cloak and perk for that, so I would go for the first). Similarly, the bonus for harvesting could be to lift the number of exp'ed harvests per hour from 120 to 144 (a 20% bonus, but you have to harvest more for it), instead of increasing the exp received for each harvest by 20%.

In short, I would like to see the system asymmetric, so that choosing which god to serve is not just a matter of deciding which skill you want to develop, but also to assess the usefullness of different forms of benefit.

Havin said this, I'm all for implementing the missing gods whatever their reward to the followers will be - if only to fill a hole in EL's role playing background! :pickaxe:

Great topic... I have two GoDs atm...I've been waiting for a particular GoD to show up for over two years now :pickaxe:

I also agree that more GoDs would make it more interesting indeed...and I also agree with those who suggest more than three GoDs would be needed especially with the new skills added so far...

EDIT: (sp)

Edited by marack

would be great to see the rest of the gods implemented, though obviously theres been some great additions over the past I can see why they have been put on the back burner.

I totally agree with the 'we need gods' party. Especially for the ones that have completed temples, and completed quests just waiting to be coded.

I'm sure there are many things that could be done for the game, but small things count too don't they? I think the god quests should really be implemented, I mean afterall, why not if they're simply waiting to be coded? I know there are many other wonderful things the few programmers have to work on, but I honestly think I'd like god quests best :P and guess what... I'm godless! If thats not strange, I don't know what is :P

Every little thing counts, and I think the god quests (And other quests too :P) are definitely worth having.

I'd also like to see the rest of the gods in game. I think another interesting thing to do would be days devoted to the gods where you are only allowed to do that skill if you serve that god. Like on a magic god day, only people who serve that god would be able to cast spells. On att god day only people with the att god can fight and they can only fight creatures and other att god followers. It would make the godless perk hurt even more and people would be more likely to serve the gods and do the quests at least up to the point where they are't getting -% exp bonus. And if it was made so that if it was pot god day only the followers could make/use pots, everyone else would have to use magic. Just a thought.