USA 2008 Elections

Who are you going to vote for?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you going to vote for?

• Obama
    • McCain
    • Other (please specify)
    • No one

I am voteing for mcain.. but sadly.. i feel like i am voteing for the lesser of 2 evils.. Either way i see it. this country is soo far down the drain.. i dont see either candidate making a difference in the direction its going.. and its not just Bush's fault.(though alot of things are). this country has been on a downhill run for the past 3 or 4 presedents.. 1 more candidate is not gonna change things.. and i cannot get in too deep on what i think b/c it steps over into religious beliefs as well. so ill just leave it at the fact that im voteing for mcain.. but only to keep obamah out of office. *shrugs*

This idiotic forum does not allow too many quotes, so I will use bold for some of the quoted text.

The US government is *not* representative enough. Neither is state government, for my liking. However, the platform of "states rights", when it comes up against the question of essential human rights, and the preservation thereof, don't mean jack to me. Perhaps it is easier for a person to influence the law in their own state. For every occasion that this opens the door for positive change, it *also* opens the door for a group of bigots with some particular hate fetish to push their agenda in an isolated region. Now, if there was a sort of overarching constitutional guarantee of equal rights for absolutely *everyone*, implemented by a system that was truly representative *and* binding, then it matters little.. but simply removing any sort of oversight potential does nothing but *invite* abuse, regardless of how you want to spin it.

And who are you to decide what is "essential human rights"?

Gay marriage and abortions are highly debatable subjects, and there are many views on them. I think that letting the states decide on those issues is a good thing.

Call me a hypocrite, I call you a libeler. I am not a "baby killer".. nor are we even close to using the same measure. I have not intended to force anyone to kill children. I have not killed children. I have not even scraped a non-conscious sack of cellular matter off the inside of a uterus. I'm a 32 year old guy who's never engaged in procreation, even. So you can stop libeling me.

You are a libeler, because you started by libeling Ron Paul and his folowers. You called him (and us, his folowers) christofascists and so on, when I am not even a Christian. However, you are saying that abortion should be an inherent 'basic human right', which means that a lot of babies can be killed and you have no problem with it.

See, you right to life people always make that assumption... you think that just because somebody isn't a facist adherent to your completely unproven doctrine and personal moral assumptions that they are somehow *FOR* abortion.. and that they suggest that we should all run around murdering babies, just because it's fun! Unfortunately for you, and the rest of us, that position is full of shit.

Lol. I do not have a position on abortion. It's a very gray area for me, and I would not get involved in it. But if you call someone who decides to let the states settle that issue a "christofascist", then I call you a baby killer. It's only fair to stereotype, since you started it first.

My position is that it's not your right to determine the morals for the rest of us. Period. It's also not your responsibility, or even your *business*... moral or religious motivations included.

And this is exactly MY position, and Ron Paul's position!

You just *assume* that "life begins at conception".. and get all fucking militant when somebody suggests that it's not proven, (because it isn't)... and you get bent out of shape because you believe, without any actual *evidence*, that we only get 1 time around... that early death "wastes" life... that perhaps a soul is being "deprived" of a chance for a life... all based on a bunch of religious bullshit that absolutely *IS NOT* universally shared, and emphatically *CANNOT* be scientifically proved. And you want to use this as the foundation for secular LAW that determines what a woman can and cannot do with her own body? And you call yourself an american, or a libertarian? Both notions of which embrace thoroughlly the separation of Religious Law from Secular Law, and the idea of the supremacy of individual liberty?

Blah, blah. I do not assume any such thing, like I said, for me it is a gray area. Same thign for Ron Paul. He never voted to make the abortion illegal, he just voted not to be funded by the government (and yeah, I don't want my tax money to go for that), and to let the states decide individually, which I think it is an excellent thing.

Who's Really the hypocrite, Ent?

You are, because you think you have the right to libel others, but you get mad when others libel you.

This is perhaps the biggest pile of drivel I have heard in quite some time. Mindless Patriotism FTW, anyone? Save the self-righteous flag waving for somebody who's impressed by it, Ent.. the argument doesn't hold water.

ROFLMAO. This is the very first time in my 5+ years in the US that someone accuses me of "mindless patriotism". Usually I am accused of exactly the opposite, stuff like "if you don't think America is great, GTFO!"

In truth, I am a patriot, but I am the Ron Paul kind of patriot. I believe that the US constitution is great, but the current government is as bad as it could be.

Lemme just recap something you've said here... "You do NOT inherently have the right to live, or to be free, or to be happy."

I take it that you disagree with the fundamental ideas that this nation was founded upon, then? Because sure as shit, the Declaration of Independence.. the statement of principles by which we justified revolution and war against England, breaking away at the cost of thousands of lives, says unquestionably THAT I DO.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

LOL. Without a constitution to make those words into law, they are meaningless. And did you sign the declaration of Independence or something? Because according to your doctrine, only what you personally sign applies to you.

Or perhaps the concepts of "self evident" and "unalienable", being in a somewhat archaic language, confuse you? Self Evident means that "Hey, any idiot can see this, without it needing to be pointed out to him... and Unalienable means "Cannot Be Denied", ie, that which can never be separated from someone. But you're a smart guy, Ent.. you did manage to code this game after all, and I can't do that... so I assume you do understand these words...

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Are you telling me that some words have ANY meaning whatsoever just because someone uttered them?

If I say: "I am allowed to rape and eat babies!", then I must be allowed to do so, because I said so, yes?

You are so funny (in a sad way) because you only take what is convenient from the US constitution, but claim that the rest does not apply to you because you didn't sign it. LMAO.

So is it then that you simply just disagree with this basic premise that our nation was founded upon? That you find lacking the core values that birthed the Great American Experiment? It seems to me to be unfathomable that someone could so emphatically stand up for a system of laws and regulations which fail to uphold the ideals that led to their founding, and yet reject those ideals out of hand in the same breath..

Oh, for me those principles are very important, but not because someone said: "omfg, we all have rights and like.. we are free and stuff dude!". They are important to me because they are incorportated in a document that happens to be the law of the land in the US.

My contempt for the Government, and for the Constitution, is entirely based upon the fact that they do *not* measure up to the ideals upon which this nation was founded. Your contempt for me is, apparently, based upon you not agreeing with those ideals in the first place, and finding more value in the hero worship of a man who tells you what you want to hear than in a person who is angry and insists that certain principles be upheld even in those circumstances which are unpleasant to experience.

Your contempt for the contitution is that you didn't sign it, and that you are not involved in any decision making that happens in the country. You admited that.

Care to say which founding ideals are not incorporated in the constitution?

I've kind of been itching to ask this Ent... why do you care so passionatly about a country you arent even a citizen of? I don't mean that in a negative way, I really am curious, because in actuality you have no reason to care. As I said I dont mean that question negatively, just curious.

I've kind of been itching to ask this Ent... why do you care so passionatly about a country you arent even a citizen of? I don't mean that in a negative way, I really am curious, because in actuality you have no reason to care. As I said I dont mean that question negatively, just curious.

Well, there are two reasons:

1. For better or for worse, I live here.

2. The US government decisions have a broad impact on the whole planet.

Well, there are two reasons:

1. For better or for worse, I live here.

2. The US government decisions have a broad impact on the whole planet.

Ent could not say this better..I dont "live" there, but I sleep next to an elephant and worry about when it may roll over

Obama, make way for change baby!

He brings a faster solution to the war in Iraq (I dont know if you know anyone serveing but i sure do) he allows women the right to make her own life choices.

Sarah Palin made woman PAY for rape kits but spent 3M on crab mateing studies or something like that...

I am not homosexual but i see no problem with them marrying the ones they love they deserve that right.

basically Mccain/Palin want to run the country on gods will... Not that i oppose god i strongly belive in allwen :)

I vote for Bill:(lol i know it's not real but i keep getting this e-mail -thought i'd share)

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE.

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH IS IMMEDIATELY BANNED. ENGLISH IS THE

OFFICIAL LANGUAGE; SPEAK IT OR WAIT AT THE BORDER UNTIL YOU CAN.

(2) WE WILL IMMEDIATELY GO INTO A TWO YEAR ISOLATIONIST POSTURE TO

STRAIGHTEN OUT THE COUNTRYS ATTITUDE. NO IMPORTS, NO EXPORTS.

WE WILL USE THE WAL-MART POLICY, IF WE AIN'T GOT IT, YOU

DON'T NEED IT.'

(3) WHEN IMPORTS ARE ALLOWED, THERE WILL BE A 100% IMPORT TAX ON IT.

(4) ALL RETIRED MILITARY PERSONNEL WILL BE REQUIRED TO MAN ONE OF OUR

MANY OBSERVATION TOWERS ON THE SOUTHERN BORDER. (SIX MONTH TOUR) THEY

WILL BE UNDER STRICT ORDERS NOT TO FIRE ON SOUTHBOUND ALIENS.

(5) SOCIAL SECURITY WILL IMMEDIATELY RETURN TO ITS ORIGINAL STATE.

IF YOU DIDN'T PUT NUTTIN IN, YOU AIN'T GETTIN NUTTIN OUT. THE

PRESIDENT NOR ANY OTHER POLITICIAN WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TOUCH IT.

(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the

40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a

passing grade.

(7) Professional Athletes --Steroids - The FIRST time you check

positive you're banned for life.

(8) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you

steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more life sentences. If

convicted, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for

your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9) One export will be allowed; Wheat, The world needs to eat. A

bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately

cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and

ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll

ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund,

and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.

(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and

every day in Congress.

(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate

ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes but a vote for me will get you

better than what you have, and better than what you're gonna get.

Thanks for listening, and remember to write in my name on the ballot

in November.

God Bless America !!!!!!!!!!!

BILL COSBY

INTERESTING DATA ON TAXES:

This is something you should be aware of so that you don't get

blind-sided.

This is really going to catch a lot of families off-guard.

Proposed changes in taxes after 2008 General

election:

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN

0% on home sales up to $500,000

per home (couples) McCain does not

propose any change in existing

home sales income tax.

OBAMA

28% on profit from ALL home sales

How does this affect you?

If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain

on taxes.

If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your

home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from

your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the

elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their

retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN 15% (no change)

OBAMA 39.6%

How will this affect you?

If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual

funds,college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything

that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of

the money earned on taxes if Obama become president.

The experts predict that 'higher tax rates on dividends and capital

gains would crash the stock market yet do absolutely nothing to cut the

deficit.

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN (no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA

(reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400

Single making 50K - tax $14,000

Single making 75K - tax $23,250

Married making 60K - tax $16,800

Married making 75K - tax $21,000

Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama your taxes will more than double! How does this affect you?

No explanation needed. This is pretty straight forward.

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

How does this affect you? Many families have lost businesses, farms and

ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations

because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their

assets to loved ones will not only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA

* New government taxes proposed on

homes that are more than

2400 square feet

* New gasoline taxes (as if

gas weren't high enough already)

* New taxes on natural resources

consumption (heating

gas, water, electricity)

* New taxes on retirement accounts

and last but not least....

* New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same

level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

Remember, in a democracy, people get the government they deserve!!!!!

Thank You

Robert D. Jenkins

Vice President - Investments

Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor Wachovia Securities, LLC

Sarah Palin

Office being sought

Vice President

Full name

Sarah Louise Heath Palin

Nickname

Sarah Barracuda

Public opinion

Smoking hot in a 'naughty librarian' sort of way

Children

5: two sons, three daughters

Religion/Church attendance

Evangelical Christian;

attends Juneau Christian Center when in Juneau and grew up attending Wasilla Assembly of God

Current Job

Governor of Alaska

Previous Public Jobs

Mayor of Wasilla, AK (1996-2002); President of Alaska Conference of Mayors;

City Council member (1992-1996)

Executive Experience

Governor for 2 years;

Mayor for 10 years

Foreign Relations experience

Governor of state that borders two foreign countries (Canada and Russia)

Military Affairs experience

Commander in Chief of Alaska National Guard;

Son is enlisted Infantryman in U.S. Army

Private Sector Experience

Sports reporter;

Salmon fisherman

Speaking ability

Beautifully executed initial stump speech in Dayton, OH hockey arena without a teleprompter

Spouse's name

Todd Mitchell Palin

Spouse's occupation

Salmon fisherman;

Former North Slope production supervisor for BP Oil

Reaction to spouse's political success

Quit 17-year BP oil job when BP became involved in natural gas pipeline negotiations with wife's administration

Coolest thing about Spouse

Tesoro Iron Dog Snowmobile race champion (longest snowmobile race in the world);

In 2008, while defending his championship, was injured when he was thrown 70 feet from his machine. He was sent to the hospital but still finished in fourth place

Most Courageous Moment in Public Service

Resigned in protest from position of Ethics Commissioner of Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in order to expose legal violations and conflicts of interest of Alaska Republican leaders, including the former state Attorney General and the State GOP Chairman (who was also an Oil & Gas Commissioner), who was doing work for the party on public time and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.

In Current Office Because...

Upset sitting Governor in GOP primary due to public support for her efforts to clean up corrupt government establishment

Theme:

Change and Clean Government

What they've done to live that theme:

Replaced entire Board of Agriculture and Conservation because of conflict of interest;

Resigned from position of Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in order to expose corruption among members of own party

Family Affairs

May have removed State Public Safety Commissioner as part of effort to protect sister in messy divorce and child custody battle

Union affiliation

Union member, married to Union member

Iraq and Troop Support

Formerly (pre-surge) critical of apparent lack of long-term strategy for Iraq;

Visited wounded U.S. soldiers in Germany;

visited AK National Guard soldiers deployed to Kuwait;

Son deploying to Iraq on 9/11/08 as Army infantryman

Bipartisan/'maverick' credentials

Married to a non-Republican;

Exposed corruption within own party;

Campaigned for Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell against corrupt GOP congressman Don Young;

Called out Sen Ted Stevens (R-AK) to 'come clean' about financial dealings that are under fed investigation

Legislative Record

Passed a landmark ethics reform bill;

Used veto to cut budgetary spending;

Prevented 'bridge to nowhere' that would have cost taxpayers $400 million dollars.

How they dealt with corrupt individuals in home city/state

Exposed legal violations and conflicts of interest of Alaska Republican leaders;

Campaigned against corrupt GOP Representative;

Ran against and defeated corrupt incumbent governor in GOP primary

Guns

Lifetime member of NRA and avid hunter;

video can be found on YouTube of Palin firing an M4 at a military firing range

Earmarks

Opposed 'Bridge to Nowhere' project;

Said Alaska should avoid relying on federal money for projects;

Campaigned against porker Don Young (R-AK) in 2008 primary

Abortion

Pro life;

gave birth to 5th child knowing that he would have Down's syndrome

Energy

Believes energy independence is a matter of national security;

For drilling in ANWR, which is in her state

Environment

Chair of Alaska Conservation Commission (2003-4);

Announced plans to create sub-cabinet group of advisors to address climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in AK

Athletic prowess

Runs marathons

Barack Obama

Office being sought

President of the United States and Leader of the Free World

Full name

Barack Hussein Obama II

Nickname

Barry Obama; 'The One'

Public opinion

May be The Messiah

Children

2: two daughters

Religion/Church attendance

Attended Trinity United Church of Christ for 20 years, a 'black liberation theology' church formerly led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright and governed according to the Black Value System

Current Job

Junior Senator from Illinois

Previous Public Jobs

State Senator (1997-2004);

Community Organizer

Executive Experience

None

Foreign Relations experience

Chaired Senate subcommittee on Europe but never called it into session;

once gave a speech to 200,000 screaming Germans

Military Affairs experience

None

Private Sector Experience

Associate at civil rights law firm

Speaking ability

An enter...wait--did you say without a teleprompter??

Spouse's name

Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama

Spouse's occupation

Vice President for Community and External Affairs at University of Chicago Hospitals;

former Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago;

former Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies;

former Assistant to the Mayor of Chicago;

former associate at Sidley Austin law firm

Reaction to spouse's political success

Promoted and given 160% pay raise by UofC hospitals within months of husband's election to U.S. Senate;

Employer received $1,000,000.00 federal earmark, requested by husband, after her promotion

Coolest thing about Spouse

Sister of Oregon State University head basketball coach Craig Robinson

Most Courageous Moment in Public Service

Gave an anti-Iraq war speech to a crowd of anti-Iraq war demonstrators in Hyde Park in 2002

In Current Office Because...

Republican opponent, who was leading in the polls, was forced to leave race after unsealing of divorce records exposed a sex scandal

Theme:

Hope and Change;

'Bringing Change from Outside Washington'

What they've done to live that theme:

Selected 36-year incumbent Senator as running mate

Family Affairs

Often says, 'I am my brother's keeper';

Brother lives in a hut in Nairobi on $12 per year

Union affiliation

Endorsed by a union

Iraq and Troop Support

Gave an anti-Iraq war speech to a crowd of anti-Iraq war demonstrators;

almost visited wounded troops in Germany, but decided to go shopping in Berlin instead

Bipartisan/'maverick' credentials

Talks about bipartisanship

Legislative Record

Voted 'present' over 100 times as IL state senator

How they dealt with corrupt individuals in home city/state

Launched political career in home of unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers (and still refers to him as a part of 'mainstream Democratic Chicago';

Purchased home with help of convicted felon Tony Rezko

Guns

Worked to pass legislation in Illinois that would prevent all law-abiding citizens from owning firearms

Earmarks

Secured federal earmarks for wife's employer and for campaign bundlers

Abortion

Pro-choice;

only IL state sen. to speak against the Born Alive Infant's Protection Act, which required medical care to be given to live infants who survived abortions

Energy

Says Americans should 'get tune-ups' and 'check tire pressure';

Says 'we can't expect the world to be okay with' our use of heating and air conditioning

Environment

Talks about the environment a lot

Athletic prowess

Has reporters tailing him to the gym

Funny posts, i must say.

So you think, that someone who held a speech against a war which is based on lies, is less able go for US president/vice president than someone who visits wounded soldiers, who got injured in a war, which simply based on lies?

Wouldn't it be better to bring the soldiers back home and end that illegal war, than just visiting injured soldiers and risk more of them to get injured and killed for nothing? Or, just getting killed and injured, that some ppl can transfer some more money into their own pockets? (without the risk of getting killed or injured, of course).

So you say, that "Lifetime member of NRA and avid hunter" is a good qualification for a job as a (vice) president, but saying "I am my brother's keeper' (Brother lives in a hut in Nairobi on $12 per year)" is a bad thing? I guess, a lot of ppl in that so called "free world" would be happy, if they could rent a house for $12 a year.

So you say "once gave a speech to 200,000 screaming Germans" is a bad thing? I still remember when Bush visited Berlin, the police was quite busy to stop 200,000 germans throwing dung and other things at him...

So, if you believe that a good hunting skill, good conservative and religious speeches, but not even being able to protect the own daughter from pregnancy, even not being able to follow the laws about email communications of the government as a governor, nepotism, and just being too dumb to protect a yahoo email account with a secure password is a qualification for an official job, keep up the good work and post more stuff like that. :P

Luckily i am not a part of that so called "free world", since i dont have the right to vote for or against any of the candidates.

But keep up the good work and post more stuff like that, it's entertaining in some way.

Next thing you might want to post about is where your tax money goes right now during this financial crisis with collapsing banks and the bush junta is willing to spend tax money to save some banks. And how the candidates plan to solve the problem.

Awaiting more entertaining posts from you :P

Piper

if i do decide to vote, ill vote for obama all the way. also, they seem to have already picked their running mates as well:

obama's running mate: i forgot the dudes name, i still think he should have stayed with hillary ( he probably let her go because nobody will ever let that rumor about her husband bill clinton go (the one about his supposedly affairs, which isnt even cheating since him and his wife are open about it)

mccains running mate: some EXTREMELY f***ed up lady who barely even knows anything at all about politics (my guess is that she is there to control everything IF (keyword IF) mccain wins. if he does win were all doomed ( mankind financially and the good ole' mother earth and the economy.

my reasons are simple:

1. if obama wins, it will be historical because he will be the first african american president in the history of the us.

2. i do believe that he can turn all the bad that has happened around and make it good again (no more drilling, hopefully we will no longer have high gas prices)

3. obama will try to lower the tax payments (meaning less we pay to the government, and more $$$ in OUR OWN pockets)

4. obama will bring our troops home.

5. mccain will keep our troops over seas to continue fighting the SO CALLED war ( bush's scam was to keep the troops over seas as well and keep drilling, basically there is no threat against the us at the moment ( he wanted to keep drilling for more oil to make more money for himself instead of worrying about the economical problems we face today because of what HE caused ( in other words, he f###ed us up BIGTIME)

6. since bush borrowed a bunch of money from over seas, then if mccain gets in how much more will he take from us to pay off the debts that bush caused (which means if mccain gets in, how much more will HE borrow and how much higher will he "RAISE" our taxes in order to pay off his AND bush's debts?)

that is all. :P

( mankind financially and the good ole' mother earth and the economy.

(no more drilling, hopefully we will no longer have high gas prices)

Wait. How will no longer drilling for oil help the economy in any way, or even lower gas prices in any shape or form?

Please, explain this to me.

I agree with Ent about this. Neither candidate is worth voting for. And Obama sure as hell isnt worth it. If I had to make a choice to vote, I would vote for Mccain.

Drue ........ roflmao @ all your lousy posts.

So, are we still voting for Obama, after he stole about 300 usd from every single American to give to the poor investors?

I'm pretty unhappy with the bailout, but I think Palin would be an absolute menace if she ended up as president, so yeah, I'm going to vote for Obama.

...Please, someone explain to me how Obama is any better than Palin.

Please, don't use the common, "He'll tax the rich and alleviate taxes on the working class," crap. Taxing the rich and corporations only causes prices to increase. We'd be paying regardless.

...Please, someone explain to me how Obama is any better than Palin.

I don't even think there's any basis of comparison between the two, besides the fact that they're both young and new on the national political scene.

And all he's really proposed is a rollback of the Bush tax cuts, along with a tax cut for most Americans. He's not Huey Long by a long shot.

Edited by DinkyDee

quite honestly Palin scares me, and drives me nuts, i cringe when i hear someone say 'soccer mom' or 'maverick' and we have a hockey team called the mavericks so i hear it alot around here ><

...lady who barely even knows anything at all about politics...

She's run a state. That's more experience than someone who has voted "Present" a couple of times in the Senate. :P

3. obama will try to lower the tax payments (meaning less we pay to the government, and more $$ in OUR OWN pockets)

ROFL. I think you'd better research that one a little. :rolleyes:

...lady who barely even knows anything at all about politics...

She's run a state. That's more experience than someone who has voted "Present" a couple of times in the Senate. :P

3. obama will try to lower the tax payments (meaning less we pay to the government, and more $$ in OUR OWN pockets)

ROFL. I think you'd better research that one a little. :rolleyes:

She's been the governor of a state with as many people as my town for a short time. She did a piss poor of running Wasilla, Pop. 6000, though.

You can find a summary of Obama's tenure in the Senate here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama#...or.2C_from_2005

He was also a constitutional law prof at the University of Chicago. Palin was a beauty queen, then a hockey mom.

Obama speaks fluently on issues of foreign and domestic policy, Palin is a gibbering idiot.

Come on, Palin is an utter joke. You can't compare the two.

What scares me the most about Palin is she takes everything the bible says literally. How can we have someone leading the country that really believes that 2 of each animal in the world was crammed on boat for 40 days?

This country was founded on Biblical principles. And you see where that got us? IMO when this country started stepping away from those, the country started to plunge downhill to where it is now.

Thats just my opinion.

Edited by Kidberg

This country was founded on Biblical principles. And you see where that got us? IMO when this country started stepping away from those, the country started to plunge downhill to where it is now.

You mean, ever since July 4th, 1776? :rolleyes:

Thats just my opinion.

It was founded on Enlightenment principles. The Constitution was plagiarized from Locke, not the Bible.