Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enly

Official Histories & Reference Records

Monsters Respawning: I was happy suspending my disbelief that the monsters populated the given area, a new one crawing out some hole to keep numbers up ;) But this is about stories not game explanation

Good to see the brave changes, allowing people to die or risk permanent death is very important in stories, again I'll be happy to suspend disbelief that since we're viewers from an abstract place sometimes referred to as RL, we have an advantage to characters stuck in a story by conceously heading for the exit. Afterall, if someone in RL was just as soul destroyed as characters at experiencing the underworld, they might very well quit while down there too ;)

I believe a character with my name actualy died, already this change has made the stories make more sense.

Hmm, okay so dying would be covered under stories, but respawning is a SoD thing? I can see how that works.

It could indeed bring in some new angles, but there is one thing that I just thought of:

Can Gods in their human form die?

PS: Yes, I read that, very good!

Can Gods in their human form die?

Can Gods in any form die? :pickaxe:

Forgive my wording, by 'die' I just mean, be vanquished. That is, could you banish a God to his/her realm? Does killing them in a conventional sense actually do anything?

For instance, I've seen times Aluwen 'banished' Mortos back to his realm. Can the same results be achieved by any mortal means? (Exceedingly --Godlike-- powerful magic, or by being stabbed/sliced/cut/decapitated/bludgeoned/crushed/impaled/blown up/set alight/thrown into acid/anvil dropped on head/etc. by enchanted/blessed/old weapons.)

I'm just wondering what sort of influence the Gods have on our realm. Are they still fully omnipotent, limited only by their desires, or can they only spend so much time in our realm? I see they have significant power while in our realm (able to take form, teleport, summon monsters, summon inhuman strength, etc), just how far does this go?

Well you'll just have to wait until us writers have time to write more stories to explain the world now won't you? :happy:

Those are important issues to consider, and most likely all will be addressed at some point in a story... it's just, writing the stories can't happen over night unfortunately :pickaxe:

Well you'll just have to wait until us writers have time to write more stories to explain the world now won't you? :D

Those are important issues to consider, and most likely all will be addressed at some point in a story... it's just, writing the stories can't happen over night unfortunately :pickaxe:

It'd be nice if the writers could explain it now to avoid possible confusion in future, I'm pretty sure I've read some stories that go under the assumptions that God's can be vanquished, and some that say they can't (unless by another deity). But no matter, I guess it's a cross-the-bridge when you come to it kind of thing :happy:

Too true, but I wouldn't ask any of you to sacrifice quality for quantity! The stories I see are absolutely excellent, a real treat. It wouldn't be the same if one got posted every day :P