Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Temporary class system

@ent - nice perks, reasonable effect considering the amount of Pps you need.

for those who don't know:

summoner perk: 10% more a/d and +5 criticals for your summons - 5 pps/20kgc

underworlder: 2 pps/20kgc - you can use tptr and rings in the underworld.

one: mine perk :hug: 6 pps (given to you) /60kgc cost

(btw question: did you make the people who take one perk also get affected by their guildies caltrops/landmines?)

Main players please feel free to argue in future, we on pk server will let you know how much we ty.

rofl get a life.

Edited by Tempest

[...]This game is BETA and it will change. Get over it. [...]

I don't disagree, but I have to nitpick on this since its repeated over and over.

BUT, release software is subject to change as well. Alpha\Beta implies degree of stability

and how much of the base of an application has been finished. It does not imply that once its 'out of

beta' the game\application will not\cannot be changed.

I can say with 100% certainty as a software developer, NO application is every 'really' finished.

So lets get over using this assertion in any post to defend against players fighting change as a

proof of expected change, please? :hug:

Translated into colloquial English: No shit, its gonna change.

also artificer perk, 7pp/60kgc

cool. im glad the articifer perk has been added back in the game.. beats the heck out of buying the cloak.. well.. at least for me. :confused:

ARTIFCER PERK ;):confused:;) * resets *

ARTIFCER PERK ;):confused::P * resets *

You realize that the cape and a minor ability to wear some stuff are much cheaper, right? ;)

You realize that the cape and a minor ability to wear some stuff are much cheaper, right? ;)

For a non-fighter, who can do without CoL.... perk>cape :D .

And that concludes todays blatantly obvious post , now stop it !!! im happy, let me have my moment

*edit* besides, need to reset anyway , too many neg perks

Edited by Ateh

Most ppl who have high oa would prob agree cape wins. That is.....IF they already have the 10 human required. It isn't necessarily simple to gain 6 pp to get the perk. Also, if you alrdy have the 10 human...you're gonna buy like 4 human removal stones to retrieve the perk? lol, i don't think so. Still talking about people with nice, high oa who won't just reset to get the perk, b/c the exp they've made will easily make them regret that decision.

Low oa? Feel its easy to reset? Go for it.

As for me, 200k on the cape is cheaper. :confused:

To Korrode:

If 1~3 people in game who can get as many nexus pick points as they want can ruin PK for everyone in every map then something sounds dreadfully wrong to me. I will take your word though that one person can ruin the game for everyone on every PK map. :confused:) This being the case and your point about a max pick point cap so that 'everyone' can't get all max attributes and do everything being added to that problem; then sure let's put in a cap. Want to see the fight on just how many is enough?

Aside to Entropy: Sorry I was thinking about people buying stuff from the shop to sell in game or just buying gold coin to get the bars to get the nexus. I have always assumed that someone was doing this but obviously I could be wrong. It is what I would do to get the bars if I had the money. ;)

To Tempest:

If you must know I am at the bottom end of genius on the IQ scale so I am far and away not the smartest player in EL. duh! I do know however from Entropy's posts what is killing ideas. Anyone who reads knows it. I do figure though that if the idea is discussed and everyone eventually agrees on something that waters down Entropy's idea enough that he won't think it is worth doing. I think that is a much better way for an idea to get killed than for people to piss, moan and bitch about it without being in any way constructive or cooperative just to get Entropy so pissed off he says fuck it.

To robotbob:

Yes I am well aware that patches, updates and fixes are the standard for all software whether 'finished' product or not. Beta however means that fundamental changes are a hell of a lot more likely than with release software. That was and is my point. EL can massively change because it is in beta and people need to accept that the game is not set in stone with a bug fix or a patch from time to time.

Tirun

Sounds cool. Will be interesting....

BTW imo the perks on test server cost a slight bit to much.

I sugest 50% of the price for some of them

And whats with arti comin back oO

Edited by exeus101

New perks FTW!!!!!!!!

Separated posts as they are about different stuff. Seems to me that the underworlder perk makes the mine perk a LOT more attractive. If I didn't piss off so many people on the forum who can easily get mines I would take them. roflmao :confused: Oh well. I think I will take underworlder when I reset anyway. ;) Actually I know I will. ;)

Tirun

PS I know exactly how I reply to things that negatively effect me. The RoT being PK massively changed how I played the game because I killed the Phantom Warriors and know some handy secrets too. What I did was explain why it was not a good idea and why something else was better. It eventually got changed. kk? Thank you very much.

Edit: spelled separated wrong first time :P

Edited by TirunCollimdus

To Tempest:

If you must know I am at the bottom end of genius on the IQ scale so I am far and away not the smartest player in EL. duh! I do know however from Entropy's posts what is killing ideas. Anyone who reads knows it. I do figure though that if the idea is discussed and everyone eventually agrees on something that waters down Entropy's idea enough that he won't think it is worth doing. I think that is a much better way for an idea to get killed than for people to piss, moan and bitch about it without being in any way constructive or cooperative just to get Entropy so pissed off he says fuck it.

oh well, but seems like all the bitching and crying made ent implement some nice perks instead of instant death perks :confused:

I can say with 100% certainty as a software developer, NO application is every 'really' finished.

"At some point in the life of every product it becomes time to shoot the engineers and go into production".

"At some point in the life of every product it becomes time to shoot the engineers and go into production".

The engineers are still needed to fix all the bugs that weren't found before it went into production ... and after that they work on the upgrade pack

oh well, but seems like all the bitching and crying made ent implement some nice perks instead of instant death perks :confused:

Actually, those perks were implemented before I came up with the new class system. It was the summoner perk that gave me the idea, so if you would have been smart you would have goten other nice perks as well.

@exeus101, I am not sure if you are sarcastic or not, but if you aren't, STFU or GTFO.

I do figure though that if the idea is discussed and everyone eventually agrees on something that waters down Entropy's idea enough that he won't think it is worth doing. I think that is a much better way for an idea to get killed than for people to piss, moan and bitch about it without being in any way constructive or cooperative just to get Entropy so pissed off he says fuck it.

Tirun

I entirely disagree here.

From what I have seen so far on these forums, its sadly all too apparent that people who piss, moan and bitch about it are 100% effective in getting Ent to say fuck it. :icon4:

Or did you mean a much better way, in terms of "a nicer way" as opposed to more effective? :icon4:

I do figure though that if the idea is discussed and everyone eventually agrees on something that waters down Entropy's idea enough that he won't think it is worth doing. I think that is a much better way for an idea to get killed than for people to piss, moan and bitch about it without being in any way constructive or cooperative just to get Entropy so pissed off he says fuck it.

Tirun

I entirely disagree here.

From what I have seen so far on these forums, its sadly all too apparent that people who piss, moan and bitch about it are 100% effective in getting Ent to say fuck it. :icon4:

Or did you mean a much better way, in terms of "a nicer way" as opposed to more effective? :icon4:

I in no way meant more effective in killing ideas. I meant that it would be more effective in getting stuff we want. RE: Entropy's post about the perks just above our posts. I meant the entire relationship between Entropy and the players would be more effective because the results would be better for everyone whether the idea got implemented or not. It would effectively produce better results not be more effective at keeping things from happening. You are 100% right about nothing being more effective at idea killing. :D(

Tirun

Edit: The heat is getting to me. Had to edit twice for grammar. :(

Edited by TirunCollimdus

To robotbob:

Yes I am well aware that patches, updates and fixes are the standard for all software whether 'finished' product or not. Beta however means that fundamental changes are a hell of a lot more likely than with release software. That was and is my point. EL can massively change because it is in beta and people need to accept that the game is not set in stone with a bug fix or a patch from time to time.

Tirun

I'm sorry but you are completely wrong.

PK server, attribute cap, nexus buying, cooldown, and a ton of other things that have been put into game that completely changed it. I am wrong how? This game can and probably will have more massive changes ahead. Pets anyone? How huge a change is that going to be? Where am I completely wrong? These things are not comparable to the kinds of changes made to almost any release software anywhere. There might be exceptions but they are extreme cases where things have gone very wrong or things were added completely to other software but in general I am completely right.

Tirun

PK server, attribute cap, nexus buying, cooldown, and a ton of other things that have been put into game that completely changed it. I am wrong how? This game can and probably will have more massive changes ahead. Pets anyone? How huge a change is that going to be? Where am I completely wrong? These things are not comparable to the kinds of changes made to almost any release software anywhere. There might be exceptions but they are extreme cases where things have gone very wrong or things were added completely to other software but in general I am completely right.

Tirun

You are completely wrong in your assumptions about software life cycles.

If you must know I am at the bottom end of genius on the IQ scale so I am far and away not the smartest player in EL.

Ah, just a bottom of the scale genius. Seriously give your ego a rest for all of our sakes.

Give it a rest, you don't know everything. Its OK.

[Really, just say no to making this thread the tirun show. I only dared to say you don't know about software development & release management.

So I expect you to drive this into the ground until something is deleted or snipped. And I know you will reply and I won't again, its pointless]

To robotbob:

Tirun

I'm sorry but you are completely wrong.

I have to agree with Robotbob here. The term "beta" (as it's typically used in software development) is being incorrectly applied to the current state of EL.

In my corner of the software world, when a software product release is complete it can (doesn't always, but can) go into an internal Alpha test phase where people who are not part of the development team use it to check usability and reliability. The next possible step is external Beta testing where select customers do the same. After the release criteria is met (what bugs must be fixed, etc) it's released.

By definition, no major changes are allowed in the alpha/beta test stages. The product is ready for release and those phases are to check for problems that must be fixed before release. If there are major changes to be made, they roll into the next release (where the software life cycle starts over again).

Other than possibly Microsoft, it's impossible for a software product to be in beta for years. EL is not in beta, it's in a normal state of ongoing software releases over time.

The closest thing that EL has to a beta release is the RC (Release Candidates) that are done. Those are for customer testing prior to it's official release.

So even though the version string uses the word "beta" in it, that doesn't imply anything about what phase of the lifetime or development cycle it's in. So making any claims about what can and can't happen because it's in "beta" are meaningless. Each revision of the client can have as many or as few minor or major changes as Entropy wants.