Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Temporary class system

Right, so basically those players & their opinions don't exist. We can't take into consideration things we don't know. So either post here following the forum rules, which are very simple; or don't post here at all-but do NOT complain about things.

The short of it, right or wrong, is that there are players that are afraid to voice their opinion (in game or in forum) for fear of being banned for having done so. As long as this is the state of affairs, there will never be an open and honest discussion regarding anything in the game.

Forum rule 5: "Back up your statements / claims. [...]"

Please back up that statement by providing a list of at least 5 player names who are afraid to voice their oppinions. You have 24 hours to do so.

I have a list of people, infact I know a thread full of people..

Ok, then show me the list :)

I'll list everyone who posted in the thread..

Me, Smurf, Talixin, Entity, Aislar, Korrode, Sins, Tempest, Tirun, Conovar, Dilly & Mango.

#Edit - I hope this dosn't mean we'll get banned, lol. :(

Edited by Liquid

Me, Smurf, Talixin, Entity, Aislar, Korrode, Sins, Tempest, Tirun, Conovar, Dilly & Mango.

#Edit - I hope this dosn't mean we'll get banned, lol. :)

Ok, so that is the list of people who posted but they don't post because they are afraid? I am afraid I do not understand.

ok...IMHO its not a bad idea,but im not sure who would take it for 10-20 pps...hard to say,im not expert at this

also,even when i know what should it do and i know pp cost i havent tried it so i cant say what will it do with PK/training/magic/summoning (either wonders...or not) its just numbers and we have a big human factor here...

i think its an interesting idea but i dont think i would take this perk (with this info,that can change of course and with that my opinion can)

#Edit - I hope this dosn't mean we'll get banned, lol. :)

Ok, so that is the list of people who posted but they don't post because they are afraid? I am afraid I do not understand.

It's just a list of people who posted on a thread I made, people wont post what they honestly think about this, because it always ends up one way. I woulda thought that those who play the game, would know what would be good/bad for the game, aswell as you do.. But PK'ers are right, this really is to powerful or those who can afford the perk.

I don't know if this will be good or bad, but from my experience in PK, I think it's bad, that or it wont be taken by many people, apart from those like LuciferX, fully negged PKers, and rl$$ players. Leaving those of us who can't afford it, have training attributes, it wont do anything but make us PK even less.

At the end of the day it's your game, you make the choices, but maybe listening to those who actually have something to say dosn't hurt..

Another thing, why is everything starting to be PK only?.. You saw what happened with the PK server.

Err LiquiD i think you've got some st00f confused :)

That's a list of people who posted in a thread on this exact subject, but in a certain other forum.

Some of those people might be 'afraid' to post their thoughts here, but i'm not one of them. What i said in that other thread i've essentially said here as well.

But dont get me wrong, i like BT (jamincollins) and hope Radu shows him some mercy and he doesn't ban him... I expect he's realised now that claiming there's 'afraid' people out there is not a good idea because if those people truly are afraid, there'll never post here confirming their fear.

Liquid, I am not sure if you realize, but:

1. Half the people you mentioned (including you) also posted here, in this very thread, so they are not afraid.

2. If I am so evil, can't I take a look over your little forum and ban you from this forum and from the game?

Liquid, I am not sure if you realize, but:

1. Half the people you mentioned (including you) also posted here, in this very thread, so they are not afraid.

2. If I am so evil, can't I take a look over your little forum and ban you from this forum and from the game?

actually, i would very much appreciate it if you would read it, without the last part of the sentence though.

I did read stuff there once or twice, to get a feel on how it was going.

But I am not going to follow any suggestions from that forum, since we have our own forums as well.

actually, i would very much appreciate it if you would read it, without the last part of the sentence though.

<digression>

Honestly, Tempest, something's wrong with this statement.

This is the official forums. If anybody wants one's opinion being taking into account this person should post in this forums, not some unofficial ones. If somebody cannot be bothered to post here, but feels free to post all whines, complaints, suggestions, etc. in the unofficial forums, this person shouldn't expect game developers, namely Radu in this case, will be bothered to go there.

I'd like also suggest coming back to the topic, which is temperary class system suggested by Radu.

</digression>

<on topic>

I don't like this suggestion. It doesn't keep the feeling of the game, in my opinion. I got the impression you're trying to add it add this feature 'forcefully'. I don't think it's really needed, at least not in proposed form.

The charm of Eternal Lands is lack of classes. There weren't any over 3 years ago when I started to play. It was bothering me for the first few months, but I got used to it and started to appreciate it. I wouldn't like to see any changes regarding this game side.

As for the proposed 'classes':

1. Mage class. Mage class sounds interesting. I'm not sure if it is worth it, though. There are just few people with magic level high enough and attack/defence skills low to get any profits out of it.

2. Summoner class. I doesn't seem appealing to me. It requires reasonably high attack skill to be profitable.

3. Ranger class. This one sounds good.

4. Barbarian class. I don't know what to think about this one. I would have to trust more experienced fighters opinion.

5. Tank class. Not a good idea. So far only dragons require real tanks and even 'tankers' would require really high defence and attributes to be of any use. I don't think it could work in PKing, either. It takes just a second to switch an opponent to non-tanker.

If the classes are really profitabe I don't find the proposed price (10-20PPS) outrageously high. Sounds rather good, but as I see it now it's just not worth it.

I don't like the idea of switching classes limited by attack/defence levels. On the other hand, to have any profit of, e.g. summoner class one has to have quite high attack skill. I think the better idea would be limiting it by a certain nexus (idea similar to one proposed by Cruella), i.e. one needs a human nexus at a certain level to switch to the class, or by a certain skill level, e.g. mage class would be available only for people with decen magic skill level.

Summarising, the idea needs a lot of work before considering its implementation.

hmmmm actually the idea about making classes depend on nexus sounds good. but no matter what, there will always be the "omfg he is rich irl he can get those pps easy" shit (and yes, i'm tired of it too). i think at the moment, there is no way to get real classes unless there is a major change in the cross attribute/attribute system, because as you all know atm the strongest mages/people with most pickpoints are the high lvls, and that will never change. (it makes sense anyway, doesn't it)

and to comment your part about my post, you are right, i said i would very much appreciate it even tho i know radu will never care about peoples oppinions outside of those forums/the game like he said already :( anyway i will not talk about this anymore, enough time wasted with that nonsense and it's only making ppl argue with each other :)

hmmmm actually the idea about making classes depend on nexus sounds good. but no matter what, there will always be the "omfg he is rich irl he can get those pps easy"

It's true though :P . Imo pp buying has done enough damage as it is.

hmmmm actually the idea about making classes depend on nexus sounds good. but no matter what, there will always be the "omfg he is rich irl he can get those pps easy"

It's true though :P . Imo pp buying has done enough damage as it is.

I strongly reject that as an argument then, I am faaaar from rich IRL but could do this. Hell, I had to resort to using ingame gc to pay for my wifes laptop so she can play EL, and it just took 3-4 months to get that level of gc up. Someone who put some thought into aiming for the nexus buying could do it as well without being ebul rich IRL.

All moot anyways, you go enjoy soak some sun Radu and let teh matter end imo, theres enough to go on in here now if you decide to change your mind in autumn etc..

Stop picking on Ent guys, he is only human! Despite what his profile says.

I do agree there are problems, but i hardly think this is the way to go about making changes by having at each others throats.

Imo pp buying has done enough damage as it is.

I agree with Mango.

Down with the hydro-nexus NPC :D

There are enough other benefits to be had by people who can spend heaps of time or heaps of RL$$ on EL.

Dragon armors, rare great swords, rare magical armors, BoD's, etc.

They don't need to also be able to attain char attribute strength that far beyond most other players.

EDIT:

um, sorry about the off topic :), i just cant help but jump on 'no more nexus buying' bandwagons.

Edited by Korrode

If you are rich IRL you can get much futher even if there was no store and no nexuses. You could just hire 5 chiense people to level your char around the clock, 24/7, and then you'd be more pr0 than people without RL money.

On the other hand, some people never bought anything from the shop (or bought very, very little) and they are still all the way to the top. Asgnny is one exaple, but there are others as well.

Well, the real question then becomes, in a 1vs1 fight with same equipment, is Asgnny (ranked 1/2 a/d) going to win against the slightly lower a/d ranked people who have bought heaps of pickpoints?

I wouldn't have thought so... but i could be wrong (since cap), care to weigh in Asgnny? ^^

It's true though :blush: . Imo pp buying has done enough damage as it is.

I strongly reject that as an argument then, I am faaaar from rich IRL but could do this. Hell, I had to resort to using ingame gc to pay for my wifes laptop so she can play EL, and it just took 3-4 months to get that level of gc up. Someone who put some thought into aiming for the nexus buying could do it as well without being ebul rich IRL.

All moot anyways, you go enjoy soak some sun Radu and let teh matter end imo, theres enough to go on in here now if you decide to change your mind in autumn etc..

Nexus from hydro is simple if you have the smarts and an evil mind :devlish:

Anyway on topic I don't really enjoy the idea of this game obtaining classes. The game is perfectly well designed right now without classes. Right now I agree with TempesT on pretty much all of it..

My PK logs go back since december (too lazy to look in older logs), and Mr. Gnny was never PKed (so at least 7 months with no PK death). And he PKed quite a few people.

Well, gj Asgnny, but that doesn't at all answer my question as to whether or not Asgnny's char is stronger than the likes of Toomass or LuciX/PkingDuck's chars (in 1vs1 fight, same equipment).

(EDIT: also i hear Toomass doesn't spend much RL$$ on the game, but my gripe is as much with people who char share or can spend 16 hours a day in EL as it is with people who have big RL$$. I think those people should get advantages, sure, just not this much of an advantage. I think the ultra expensive weps/armors is enough. Ensuring the gap between Joe Average PK player and Mr. RL$$/16hr-day/char-sharer isn't too big could only be good for PK. You even said "adding more skill into PKing is a good thing" in this thread, removing the hydro-nex NPC will help with that, albeit not to a huge degree as it only affects a small minority of players, but even 1 player doing it is too much, IMO)

But i get the impression that you're not interested in removing the hydro nex NPC either way, so i'll just drop the topic.

Edited by Korrode

Hydro-nexus is nice but I agree with the people that said in the previous threads on this topic that removing nexi should only work for nexi obtained from pickpoints (in other words: remove the pickpoint selling NPC :devlish:).

But this is way off topic and we won't be getting this thread's topic anytime soon as was stated, so ... what about fixing that buddy list? :blush:

Yeah, how about we make it so you can only play 1 hour a day, to make it fair for people that have busy jobs, and to prevent people sharing their chars?