Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Temporary class system

Ok, how about we have this:

Have a perk called something like "class shifter" that will require 10-20 PPs.

Then we will have some stones, that will cost ~10Kgc, and will allow you to change the class such as:

1. Mage class. You lose 40% of your a/d and gain the ability to bypass MI (50% chance for each spell).

2. Summoner class: You lose 30% of your a/d but your summoned animals have more a/d, as though you had 40% of your attack added to your summoning level.

3. Ranger class: You lose 20% of your a/d, your arrows are more accurate and do more damage.

4. Barbarian class: you lose 20% def which is added to your attack.

5. Tank class: You lose 30% attack which is added to your defense. To prevent abuse (training much better), you would not get any a/d exp while in the tank mode.

Notes:

1. To revert back, you will need a class reset stone, that would cost 5kgc or so.

2. You will automatically revert back after maybe 1-2 hours.

3. Changing from one class to another won't require a reset stone.

4. All those class changes will work only if you have an a/d over ~60.

Please keep all the conversations on topic, no alternative suggestions about magic, etc.

I like everything but the 60 a/d idea, there are low level a/ders who are good mages and rangers, who could benefit from this perk, and possibly be able to get a little bit of pk action...

Suggestion about summoning: Why not make it so someone who is summoner class can summon during combat? (while engaged)

otherwise, looks like fun, a whole new dimension to combat!

One question, If your a/d is below 60 can you take the class shift perk?

Sure, but you can't use the stones.

ahhh, so If you're under 60/60 you would need to wait for your class to wear off?

that is cool, although how about a harvesting, alchemy, potion, ect class

taking exp from a/d or maybe another skill, and putting it towards them

just an idea but maybe a good one :D

One question, If your a/d is below 60 can you take the class shift perk?

Sure, but you can't use the stones.

Ok, thanks wanted to be sure I read that correctly, very intresting idea, and a good comprimise form all the previous threads imo

personally i dont like the class system. i like that fact that we can train our lvl's to get strong in the area we want to be strong in.. i think the class systems are just ways ppl want to get around lvling up a skill and gain an easy advantage..

now. since this idea is temporary i dont have to get it. i dont have to choose a class. but. if it is emplemented. wouldnt that put me at a major disadvantage to some one who has the a class.

say im fighting some one who NORMALLY i could kill. but since he has the barbarian class he gains attack and is now able to kill me..

it makes it unfair for the people who do not like the class system. and forces them to use it or be at a major disadvantage..

if you want to be strong or be good at a certain skill then train it. lvl up and get stronger that way.. dont piss and moan about how we need a class system b/c your tired of earning your skills. :D

To prevent abuse (training much better), you would not get any a/d exp while in the tank mode.

I would add that to all classes, trainers could quite easily just take for example Rangers class and benefit from the -20% a/d .. like an uber ts

To prevent abuse (training much better), you would not get any a/d exp while in the tank mode.

I would add that to all classes, trainers could quite easily just take for example Rangers class and benefit from the -20% a/d .. like an uber ts

true. I also realized that we would have ~90 a/d, ~110 pros who can bypass MI at DPA...

Edited by Shujral

Umm, I am afraid ranging does not work that way.

true. I also realized that we would have ~90 a/d pro's who can bypass MI at DPA...

This class sytem will not increase or decrease levels, will just act as though your levels are decreased/increased. But the exp and fighting in arenas is not affected by this apparent change.

As others have said, having a/d 60 as the minimum for use actually seems to go against people that have given themselves classes already, ie not gaining in a/d so much.

Also is that ~10kgc per shift which lasts only 2 hours?

Plus all those pp (a one off sacrifice). I think that many pp will be better spent elsewhere, but could be used by people who have maxed everything out that is useful to them I don't know.

Edit

Those are my concerns with it, there are interesting and apetising things about it too :D

Edited by kailomonkey

sorry my fault I think you misunderstood. If i took ranger class for -20% a/d ... I wouldnt use it to range with.. but to go and train combat on mobs, and that -20% would be great xp and maybe worth the 10k for 1-2 hours

I think he means that they would lower their a/d not to range, but simply to train melee...(But if they're still gonna get lowered XP, that might help prevent abuse)

true. I also realized that we would have ~90 a/d pro's who can bypass MI at DPA...

This class sytem will not increase or decrease levels, will just act as though your levels are decreased/increased. But the exp and fighting in arenas is not affected by this apparent change.

Thanks, big relief there :D

My only other question would be

Does this mean the perk is temporary? and you get you PP back?

My only other question would be

Does this mean the perk is temporary? and you get you PP back?

from what i read. you will not loose the perk. but rather the class you gained from the stone.

that is cool, although how about a harvesting, alchemy, potion, ect class

taking exp from a/d or maybe another skill, and putting it towards them

just an idea but maybe a good one :D

No, it would make things way too easy.

I very much like this idea, however i see the following problem:

This system would benefit allrounders a lot. People with levels in all the skills can by

means of this system get much more out of their build. But being an allrounder in the

current system means you are very very carefull how to spend your pp, since you need

so much pp for all the nexi and have a decent emu and have some mana, etc etc. So for

an allrounder 10-20pp would be very hard if not impossible to allocate i think.

And wouldn't it be fun to also have a "mad bomber" class? ;)

Lowering a/d and increasing engineering/mine dmg would rock :D

is it possible to make the class system only effect those who have the perk?

like if i dont have the perk. but im fighting someone who does.. could it be that it is like he doesnt when he's fighting me.

that the perk only takes effect when he's fighting someone else who has the perk?

I don't post much on ideas cause i am an open person and will try almost anything(love the astrology) but 1 thing i was wondering...

For the "mage class" is their going to be any changes to spell casting times?

With 50% chance to bypass MI that would almost get rid of the need for any a/d, someone like toomass, asgnny, jaclaw, smurf who have very high magic/attack/defence probally wouldn't mind pking with a loss in a/d because they know they now have a chance to kill someone in 1-3 hits with harm...they can cast 3 harm in 3 seconds and still have mana for restore...again, i know their is 50% chance to not bypass but 100+ harm 1 in 4 would still kill someone in 4 seconds...maybe "mage class" also gain more time to 'spell cooldown'? or 1/2 increase in spell cost? (i know it sounds like a downside but the upside of bypassing with 50% chance is lil overpowered in my opinion)

again sorry if its confusing or im not understanding I don't usually post I just wait and try :D

And wouldn't it be fun to also have a "mad bomber" class? ;)

Lowering a/d and increasing engineering/mine dmg would rock :D

No, the idea is to only affect those who are more or less into or very near combat zones. Engineers do not have to be near where the fight is, they can go there before, put their stuff, then leave (possibly while invisible).

Would it be possible to have some kind of indicator next to the players name, showing what class they are ie: a star for a mage, sword for tank, bow for ranger etc .................... or would that be giving the game away to much ?

I don't understand why the ability to do this (the perk) needs to be so expensive (10-20 PPs). Is there some potential for abuse or need to keep the number of people who would do this small? It seems like a fun way to experiment with different configurations. Why does it need to be limited (ie, expensive in PPs)?

I don't post much on ideas cause i am an open person and will try almost anything(love the astrology) but 1 thing i was wondering...

For the "mage class" is their going to be any changes to spell casting times?

With 50% chance to bypass MI that would almost get rid of the need for any a/d, someone like toomass, asgnny, jaclaw, smurf who have very high magic/attack/defence probally wouldn't mind pking with a loss in a/d because they know they now have a chance to kill someone in 1-3 hits with harm...they can cast 3 harm in 3 seconds and still have mana for restore...again, i know their is 50% chance to not bypass but 100+ harm 1 in 4 would still kill someone in 4 seconds...maybe "mage class" also gain more time to 'spell cooldown'? or 1/2 increase in spell cost? (i know it sounds like a downside but the upside of bypassing with 50% chance is lil overpowered in my opinion)

again sorry if its confusing or im not understanding I don't usually post I just wait and try :D

Yes, that is a very valid concern that can be solved in a few ways:

1. If you fail, you lose ingredients and mana.

2. When engaged in combat, your chance to bypass MI is decreased (you can't concentrate on your spell that much).

3. Your chance to bypass MI is actually not 50% but (whatever the amount of a/d you lost/2)%

So say you are a/d 100, then you would lose 40 a, 40 d, so combined we have 80/2=40%